Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Welling United

Just read that Mark Godberg has been named caretaker manager and is set to become the majority shareholder. Apparently has plans to redevelop the ground.

Comments

• Yes known about this for couple of weeks. He came to a meeting on Sunday at Bexleyheath sports club. Wants to buy the land there and lower part of Danson Park. Move football ground in ten metres and build gym at Park view Road end. Bought shops next to entrance and care homes over the road,.

Everything dependent on planning permission for residential property on cricket pitch and care homes on our clubs tennis courts or no takeover. Great for sports club if council play ball as we get new pavilion and 5 floodlit courts where existing Danson Park courts are. Also astronomy turf football and hockey pitches.

Big plans for wings grow club Like he did Bromley. Still a palace wanker though and did not like me publicly thanking him for putting them into administration ha ha.
  • So the plan is to build on the cricket club? Surely they won't allow that, and who owns the cricket ground anyway?
  • Doesn't Bexley Council own the freehold of PVR, or did that change long ago?
  • Doesn't Bexley Council own the freehold of PVR, or did that change long ago?

They still own it.

Have seen the architects drawings, it's very extensive and a big project.

• Only building on first ten metres from road and rotate cricket pitch 90 degrees.
  • Yes known about this for couple of weeks. He came to a meeting on Sunday at Bexleyheath sports club. Wants to buy the land there and lower part of Danson Park. Move football ground in ten metres and build gym at Park view Road end. Bought shops next to entrance and care homes over the road,.

Everything dependent on planning permission for residential property on cricket pitch and care homes on our clubs tennis courts or no takeover. Great for sports club if council play ball as we get new pavilion and 5 floodlit courts where existing Danson Park courts are. Also astronomy turf football and hockey pitches.

Big plans for wings grow club Like he did Bromley. Still a palace wanker though and did not like me publicly thanking him for putting them into administration ha ha.

Grown on Mars?
  • adsads
    edited April 2016

Astronomy Turf Football, amazing in the air, shit on grass

Ah, that clears up some questions I had.

I run with Plumstead Runners who run out of BSC. We got told at our last meeting that there was an EGM called for Sunday but I was away and a good few of us were down running the Brighton Marathon.

We was told to attend if we could but the committee couldnt tell us because of a non-disclosure agreement in place.
  • Much the same ideas I had, for if I somehow won the euromillions. If Goldberg's plans happen it could be a very good new beginning for the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• For a moment there I thought they'd already announced that charlton will be sharing welling's ground next season now that we have so few season ticket holders
  • Thought I'd clicked into another thread when I read the opening post and so didn't see mention of welling and thought it was about us and was astounded at the placid reactions and lack of WTFs
  • Has he got the money? Last time I met him it did not appear so. I suppose needs planning permission so he can borrow the money.
  • ads said:

Astronomy Turf Football, amazing in the air, shit on grass

Great for creating space off the ball, but no atmosphere in the stadium.