Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolton v Charlton | Tue 19 Apr | 8pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Bolton Wanderers v Charlton Athletic
Tuesday 19 April 2016 … 8pm Kick-Off
Referee: Eddie Ilderton (Tyne and Wear)

At the end of last week I received a request from a fan (thankfully it wasn’t their underwear for once)… Stop being so cheerful they asked and put some negativity into your writings as per CharltonLife tradition, now I couldn’t do that, I’m the annoying positive bloke… But I did promise to bring out my split personality.

Introduction
Positivity: We might have lost against Derby on Saturday but as yet there is no relegation confirmation against our name in the League table, if we win our remaining matches (with one of our rivals losing their remaining matches) we can still stay up… It’s a tall order but miracles can happen.

Negativity: We’re doomed, doomed, doomed… DOOMED!!... In all serious it is an extremely tall order, everyone else kick off 15mins earlier than Charlton this Tuesday night (except an unimportant Reading v Hull), which means if they all win their matches… Our final 15mins against Bolton Wanderers will be utterly pointless, nothing but a win can save us.

The Opposition
Name: Bolton Wanderers | Manager: Jimmy Phillips
Ground: The Macron Stadium | Nickname: The Trotters

As mentioned in the reverse fixture, Bolton are one of the true giants of English Footballing history, they were one of the sides to create the first Football League, and this season were one of the first sides to be relegated… It will be their first spell in the third tier since 1993, they’ve recently been taken over and without doubt will be challenging for an instant return to the Championship next season.

Urgh… To be honest I only planned to have a single negative part to the preview with that being part of the Introduction… As already mentioned, the Addicks need to beat Bolton to stand any chance of surviving, our opponents are down, they’ve only their pride to play for… yet we haven’t won in Bolton since 2002!!

Charlton Team News
Pace and the Counter-Attack seems to be the tactic favoured by Jose Riga at the moment so with Ademola Lookman, Igor Vetokele and Callum Harriott leading the line of late you’d have to expect to see them up front once more this Tuesday (Although Simon Makienok had an impressive cameo on Saturday).

Confirmed after the Derby match was that Stephen Henderson has developed another calf injury so we’ve probably seen the last of him, especially when you have to admit you can’t drop Nick Pope on his current form, the only change we may see is at Right-Back with Chris Solly being replaced by Marco Motta.

Pope
Motta … Fanni … Teixeira … Fox
Gudmundsson … Cousins … Diarra … Harriott
Lookman … Vetokele

Substitutes Bench: Mitov … Solly … Lennon … Bergdich … Young … Jackson … Makienok

Prediction
Bolton Wanderers 2-2 Charlton Athletic

Comments

• Options
    2-0 away win.
  • Options
    Bolton are the one club in this division who are a bigger shambles than us, so surely we can beat them. We are laying better than when we drew earlier in the season and they seem to have given up a long time ago. This could be Riga's last win before he departs at the end of the season.
  • Options
    Could be anything .... YIN - a bore draw played out by two sides resigned to relegation or YANG - two sides determined to pull out all the stops and show that 'they're better than that' ..

I'm hoping to hear this classic played tomorrow night over stadium sound system .. Vera Lynn .. 'We'll Meet Again' .. and that will be next season at the top of Division 1

Notlob Wandererers (tribute to James Alexander Gordon) 2 v CAFC 3
  • Options
    Like it @ForeverAddickted, I feel suitably depressed.

A hearty salute to anyone going to this, admirably mad. Hopefully you'll be rewarded with a meaningless but enjoyable Addicks goal glut.

What's our lowest ever away turnout? Seem to recall we took double figures to Grimsby in the mid-90's, must be looking at similar for tomorrow.
  • Options
    Please make yourself known on here if you are going because you deserve a medal.
  • Options
    Don't be surprised to see Gudmendsson miss this one. He took a hefty whack on his ankle in the first half on Saturday and it restricted him for the rest of the game. We have to win, but if Sanogo is still isn't fit, we have to have a striker on the bench, so either Young or Motta will deputise. That may mean a hard session for Solly, so Charles-Cook may feature on the bench?

If results are going against us, expect Jackson, Makienok, and Bergdich to all be brought on...
  • Options
    Bolton 5 Charlton 4, alternatively 0-0. Either way don't care, we are down. Thanks Roland.
  • Options
    I can't see Heskey getting the same change out of Fanni that he did from Lennon, assuming Heskey plays, so I'm going for an away win.
  • Options
    If Bauer's fit, I'd have him on the bench in place of Lennon. I'd also have another striker if we've got one in the under 21s who's worth a go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If Bauer's fit, I'd have him on the bench in place of Lennon. I'd also have another striker if we've got one in the under 21s who's worth a go.

I hate the conspiracy theories on here but it seems really strange that Bauer isnt getting on to the bench now.

Does feel like we dont want him to get injured ahead of the Summer Transfer Window
  • Options
    An emphatic yet utterly pointless 0-3 to CAFC (Lookman, Harriot & Fanni)
  • Options
    Will there be more posts on this thread than away supporters?

Im going for 1-1 and 116 packing out a couple of rows in the away end
  • Options
    God knows what the attendance is going to be like for this.

No chance of me going.
  • Options

Am working up in Manchester this week so going to go, suspect it'll be lonely in the away end!

Looking forward to people having to take my player marks seriously though :wink:

Dont worry they'll probably just stick you all in the away Dugout there will so few of you ;)
  • Options
    Bolton 1 - 3 Charlton
  • Options

Will there be more posts on this thread than away supporters?

Im going for 1-1 and 116 packing out a couple of rows in the away end

It might be 117 as Katrien does a Mike Ashley and joins the away diehards on the terraces proudly wearing her Charlton shirt.
  • Options
    Er, sorry about the underwear thing, thought you'd like it. Clearly misread the room...
  • Options
    No goals and no hope, 0-0 goodnight Vienna.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Be interesting to see whether Bauer or Kashi play for the under 21's tonight, if they do, obviously they will not be available for tomorrow. I thought we always beat the good sides and lose to other clubs doing badly, oh yeh, we lost to Derby, perhaps we can beat a relegated side for a change. 1-2
  • Options

Am working up in Manchester this week so going to go, suspect it'll be lonely in the away end!

Looking forward to people having to take my player marks seriously though :wink:

So apart from YB, no-one else has stepped forward to say they are going.

Blimey, you are going to be lonely. Please keep moving around to make it look like there are at least double figures there.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I'm going .. in fact I have crossed the dark and deep Pennines already and am in a hotel just off the Highway to Hell (a k a Liverpool) the M62
  • Options
    Anything but a win and we'll be down from the looks of it. Can see us winning this one but we'll have to wait and see. 0-1 Charlton
  • Options

I'm going .. in fact I have crossed the dark and deep Pennines already and am in a hotel just off the Highway to Hell (a k a Liverpool) the M62

Make sure you make contact with Oh-Yoni-Boy tomorrow night. Shouldn't be hard as it looks like just the two of you at the moment.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Make sure you make contact with Oh-Yoni-Boy tomorrow night. Shouldn't be hard as it looks like just the two of you at the moment.
    will be a few others including Mr and Fanny F .. ain't no mountain high enough to keep them from getting to a game .. oh! and not forgetting Norm, he of the headphones and Davy Crockett hat and Seb, he of the Guinness Book of Records candidature
  • Options
    CAFCTickets account has been about as active as Roger Johnson in the past week but I wondered if anyone on here knows 1 if tickets are available on the day tomorrow and 2 if anymore seats are left on the coaches.
  • Options
    Comfortable away win