Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leicester

Comments

• Options

I really hope it still comes down to them
    sealing it with a win a Stamford Bridge.

Think it'll be sealed long before then but it'll be interesting to see what Chelsea fans make of the last day if it goes that far. Would they really want their team to beat Leicester and hand the title to Spurs or Arsenal? I somehow doubt it.
  • Options

Think it'll be sealed long before then but it'll be interesting to see what Chelsea fans make of the last day if it goes that far. Would they really want their team to beat Leicester and hand the title to Spurs or Arsenal? I somehow doubt it.
    Was it not a game at Stamford Bridge when the whole ground was cheering and chanting for Bolton (trying to stay up?) and their own fans were booing their players?
  • Options
    WSS said:

Was it not a game at Stamford Bridge when the whole ground was cheering and chanting for Bolton (trying to stay up?) and their own fans were booing their players?
    From the Guardian:

A similar story emerged at Chelsea on the final day of the 1997-1998 season. Bolton, one point clear of 18th-placed Everton needed to match the Merseyside club’s result to stay up, but with Everton drawing 1-1 with Coventry and Bolton 1-0 down at Stamford Bridge, Bolton were going down on goal difference. With nothing to play for in the league, and a Cup Winners’ Cup final to come three days later, it is unclear why Chelsea supporters changed allegiances mid-match, although it could be attributed to the club’s victory at Bolton in 1982-83 on the penultimate day of the Division Two season which helped Chelsea escape a relegation of their own. Regardless, the Shed End urged Bolton on to find an all-important equaliser – chants of “let ‘em score, let ‘em score, let ‘em score” blaring down from the stand – and the Lancashire team poured forward. However, Bolton were caught on the counter-attack and conceded again in injury-time, with some Chelsea fans booing and jeering one of their own, Jody Morris, as he wheeled away in celebration. “I cannot recall ever hearing such a reception for a Chelsea goal from Chelsea supporters,” wrote Blues fan Alan Doyle. “It is the only time in my recollection that I have heard the Chelsea fans cheer for the opposition.”
  • Options
    Salad said:
    Really interesting take on it. Explains a lot. Also implies that maybe the likes of Drinkwater won't necessarily fit the England set up.
  • Options
    And there was me happily supporting Leicester. Then someone mentioned those abominable clappers...
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I thought this might be the game where they get nervous and slip up. They didn't. Reckon they really will do it now. So does one bookie, who has already paid out image

A punter who had £20 at 2,000-1 on Leicester winning title has collected £40k already after Betfred paid out early, says bookmaker

#lcfc— Francis Keogh (@HonestFrank) 4 April 2016 " />

Can you begin to imagine how that fan feels?
  • Options
    Leicesters mayor is ready to name the city's streets after the teams players, should they complete a fairytale season by winning the premier league title.
  • Options
    Maybe Roly could slip the mayor a few bob in honour of some of our 'star players' we've shipped over in recent seasons and have a few streets in Greenwich renamed....
  • Options

Leicesters mayor is ready to name the city's streets after the teams players, should they complete a fairytale season by winning the premier league title.

Fuchs street
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2016
    It must be theirs now, if they hold on, 10 points clear if they do. Rodwell just missed an absolute sitter. If Tottenham don't win today it's as good as done.
  • Options
    Never liked Leicester since they cheated everyone and moved into the new stadium.

Having said that. I hope they do it.
  • Options
    10 points clear now. 2-0
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    By Eck, Really calm in front of goal is Vardy.
  • Options

Vardy Chavenue.
    Lolled that one...surely nailed on with those 2 goals this afternoon. :smile:
  • Options

Really calm in from of goal is Vardy.

Did you forget to ad by heck to that ? ;0)
  • Options
    Just incredible.
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:

Would Leicester be where they are if Nigel Pearson was still there,or is it all down to Ranieri.

Pearson made the bricks .. Ranieri has been the architect and master builder .. AND mostly, the whole :Leicester squad is just so fit, together and determined .. this season has been a real boost for all the 'smaller' clubs outside the great metropolitan 'elites' .. let's hope that this is not just an 'Ipswich-like' one off
  • Options
    Could Leicester blow it? Yes

Will they blow it? Unlikely

I think Leicester are stronger defensively than Newcastle were, I really hope they do it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2289437/Why-Keegans-class-of-96-blew-a-12-point-lead.html

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    while I'm sure they'd prefer a manu victory this afternoon, unless I've worked it out wrong a spurs win guarantees leicester a champs league spot
  • Options

5 consecutive clean sheets, for a team with no experience of these situations they're making it look easy!

except many of the same players won the Championship two years ago

• Options
    Cattermole is such a lazy shit strolling back when he had a chance to cut out Vardys run for his second. How he is still getting a game I do not know.
  • Options

Really calm in from of goal is Vardy.

Did you forget to ad by heck to that ? ;0)
    I've changed it for you. I refuse to put heck though....
  • Options
    Fantastic result and season so far derserve the title soon.
  • Options
    I must be one of the only people who hope they don't do it but i can't see them blowing it now
  • Options
    Salad said:

Trying to explain how amazing it would be if Leicester win the league, I tried 'it's like a cat winning the Grand National'.

Is that the Mark Steel, Swanley born, crystal palace supporting, but, very good left wing comedian whose articles in the i paper are brilliant ?