Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    All the best Lewis
  • Options
    Gutted for Lew but only he knows what is right for him and I wish him all the success in the world in where he choses to go in his career away from boxing

He knows that myself and others re always here for him

@bobmunro I see that Spike has taken a different fight and that the whole GGG event is looking like it’s off
  • Options
    Good luck for the future @LewSmith94
  • Options

Gutted for Lew but only he knows what is right for him and I wish him all the success in the world in where he choses to go in his career away from boxing

He knows that myself and others re always here for him

@bobmunro I see that Spike has taken a different fight and that the whole GGG event is looking like it’s off

Yes I thought the most likely outcome was to cancel the whole show. Never mind, at least we'll be able to go to our favourite sports bar that day and watch Haye/Bellew!!

I would also echo your comments on Lew - I wish his all the best in whatever he now chooses to do.
  • Options
    Tyson announced by Warren... Fighting June 9th in Manchester. Sooner than I thought it would be. Hope its Briggs, buildup would be hilarious.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Tyson announced by Warren... Fighting June 9th in Manchester. Sooner than I thought it would be. Hope its Briggs, buildup would be hilarious.

Nice insta from William hill for me look at the T-shirt go big Tyson
  • Options

dickplumb said:

I can't see Tyson Fury getting back into the fight game.

He will be out having a comeback fight by end of June
    Told ya

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Apparently he wants 1 or 2 warm ups before Briggs. If true they can only be looking at uber drivers etc.

Wants 4 fights this year before he gets back involved at world level.

If and it's a massive IF he can be the old Fury of a couple of years ago he beats AJ. Far from convinced he can get back to that level but everything crossed for him. Hope he does it.
  • Options
    Be good to find out. Fury AJ is going to be one hell of an event. Means a ropey undercard then...
  • Options
    Heard Fury interviewed by Mike Costello on Five Live, and whatever you think on some of his vies, you can't deny that he has great charisma, personality and humour.

It would be wonderful for the sport if he were to return fully invigorated and ready to have a sustained burst of activity at the top level.

Obviously a very talented fighter, but as other have said it is a long road back from here for him. Obviously will have a couple of warm up fights against some dead bodies, but will have to get past some stiff opposition to get to fight Joshua. The likes of Whyte, Pulev, Povetkin and even Dubois aren't going to step aside and create a clear path for Fury.

Everyone knows that Joshua is his target, but he has a lot of work to do before he gets there
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:

I read yesterday that Warren let slip straight away in the press interview that it's Fury V Kevin Johnson
  • Options
    Red_James said:

CAFCsayer said:

I read yesterday that Warren let slip straight away in the press interview that it's Fury V Kevin Johnson
    It sounded like Warren said "Tyson will be fighting Johnson on the 9th of June in Manchester"

However, he actually said...."Tyson will be fighting as John saidon the 9th of June in Manchester"

Referring to John Rawling who had just completed the intros
  • Options

Heard Fury interviewed by Mike Costello on Five Live, and whatever you think on some of his vies, you can't deny that he has great charisma, personality and humour.

It would be wonderful for the sport if he were to return fully invigorated and ready to have a sustained burst of activity at the top level.

Obviously a very talented fighter, but as other have said it is a long road back from here for him. Obviously will have a couple of warm up fights against some dead bodies, but will have to get past some stiff opposition to get to fight Joshua. The likes of Whyte, Pulev, Povetkin and even Dubois aren't going to step aside and create a clear path for Fury.

Everyone knows that Joshua is his target, but he has a lot of work to do before he gets there

Mike Costello is a genuinely brilliant broadcaster and interviewer
  • Options
    Let's go champ
  • Options

So pleased he’s coming back. He’s an inspiration to young men on how suffering with mental health isn’t anything to be ashamed of and you can bounce back.

The People’s champ

So pleased he’s coming back. He’s an inspiration to young men on how suffering with mental health isn’t anything to be ashamed of and you can bounce back.

The People’s champ

You know my feelings on the big man , I think he is great a real gentleman and very much misunderstood

Let's go champ

I am led to belive this could actually happen I just don’t think it will be this 1st fight back personally and that’s with no inside info I think it’s a difficult first fight back

Maxi Hughes fights tomorrow against sam Bowen at the king power for the vacant British Super feather weight title

If he fails tomorrow in what will be his third attempt at a title and his second for the British after fighting the brilliant Martin J Ward twice once for the British and once for the WBC international title but falling short on those occasions I think that Maxi will hang up his gloves

We all know the big names we all watch the TV fights but you will not meet a more dedicated to his sport and lovely man than maxi

I sponsor maxi and have helped him get his first area title so tomorrow means the same if not more than the Isaac fight be Walsh , Isaac doesn’t live the life he doesn’t put enough in imo to get past being where he is , he has the ability and the skills but in between fights he doesn’t do enough

Maxi does and works full time whilst doing it

If there’s a boxing god I pray that both maxi and Sam come home safe and well and that maxi gets the job done and if he don’t i reckon I will shed a tear because he is an honest and dedicated fighter and its an honour to have had the pleasure of working with him to this point

Let’s go Maxi lad let’s get this tomorrow I can’t wait to be with him in Leicester tomorrow and for this fight
  • Options
    Sam Bowen is an avoided fighter. Maxi never turns down a fight. Good luck to him and you tomorrow @nth london addick tough tough fight. Hope he can do it!
  • Options
    Sam keeps on coming but is very straight lined. We call maxi the Mexican lets hope his footwork and movement assist in beating him
  • Options
    Gutted but sam Bowen has a big future too much for maxi and Dr stopped it with an eye injury after maxi was down twice

Horrible place a dressing room after that not enjoying this part

And silly cnuts fighting at these events need a long hard look at themselves my boy is 16 and I am having to block him from grown men swinging at each other without a care in the world of whonis around them

Pricks

Love to the maxi right now

• Options

Gutted but sam Bowen has a big future too much for maxi and Dr stopped it with an eye injury after maxi was down twice

Horrible place a dressing room after that not enjoying this part

And silly cnuts fighting at these events need a long hard look at themselves my boy is 16 and I am having to block him from grown men swinging at each other without a care in the world of whonis around them

Pricks

Love to the maxi right now

Gutted for maxi, and I'm gutted for you as well mate

The second bit, I completely agree boxing shows are rife with this bollocks 20 pissheads buy tickets to see their mate compete and then think they are all warriors. Utter bullshit, there has never been more opportunities for wannabes to have a go via white or blue collar boxing and the agro merchants are with our fail the ones who never had the stones to step in a ring
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mate it’s a lonely fucking game maxi and heavily pregnant mrs in the changing room silence is deafening

And then the 3 hr wait for a piss when all you want to do is get the team together and get out

It’s horrible mate the highs are amazing but the lows are absolutely gut wrenching worse than any loss in football I have ever experienced
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    People have been sleeping on Bowen for a while now, big talent going under the radar.

Respect to Maxi and wish him happiness in whatever he decides to do.
  • Options
    Bowen is a strong strong lad he is limited in his boxing but fuck me can he fight he is a fighting machine , straight lines pressure relentlessly coming forward and his body shots are absolutely devastating

Doesn’t gob off or get lary poor Carl Greaves does that for him but he is a great fella whom I have a lot of time for especially after tonight

Bowen can walk through walls
  • Options
    The disappointment on maxi’s face in this pic will haunt me forever

• Options
    Decent card tonight for Khan. Looking forward to seeing Connor Benn, Fowler and Eggington
  • Options
    Frampton on BT sport tonight also, not sure which one to watch!!!
  • Options
    "masher" against Coyle should be decent
  • Options

Frampton on BT sport tonight also, not sure which one to watch!!!

That is a tough fight, I rate Frampton if he looks good against Donaire I will be massively impressed

Khan v Lo Greco is joke of a main event, Lo Greco has only made it interesting for gobbing off about Khans wife allegedly knobbing around

I'm looking forward to Coyle v Dodd but will probably switch over after that
  • Options
    Good scrap on BT now
  • Options
    Beauty of an uppercut from little Benn to stop a fairly game brummie