Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***CARD - Call for Supporters to contact University of Greenwich***

Comments

• Options
    Done. Email
  • Options
    Tick.
  • Options
    e-mailed.
  • Options
    Hmmm. I am afraid I do have concerns about this.

Are we not at risk of destroying our own club here. The University of Greenwich sponsorship deal is, in my opinion, a very positive thing for the club with the many local benefits it surely does and should bring not only to young students but also players and staff etc.

Don't get me wrong, I am 100% against the regime and want them out... But not at the risk of further long term damage to OUR brand and reputation. Getting someone like UoG to drop their sponsorship through negative 'marketing' on Social Media maybe more easy than trying to get them to jump back in when/if RD was to leave.

I support CARD and most plans to embarrass/remove RD but not this one.

The right to free speech is a must so I am not trying to stop this campaign, just giving another view and saying it is not for me.
  • Options
    Done
  • Options
    Done
  • Options

Are we not at risk of destroying our own club here. The University of Greenwich sponsorship deal is, in my opinion, a very positive thing for the club with the many local benefits it surely does and should bring not only to young students but also players and staff etc.

Don't get me wrong, I am 100% against the regime and want them out... But not at the risk of further long term damage to OUR brand and reputation. Getting someone like UoG to drop their sponsorship through negative 'marketing' on Social Media maybe more easy than trying to get them to jump back in when/if RD was to leave.

The right to free speech is a must so I am not trying to stop this campaign, just giving another view and saying it is not for me.

Too late to talk about half measures, we've set our course and we've crossed the Rubicon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have sent a nice long message to the university as a Charlton supporter and one of their graduates. I doubt they will read each individual message but the pressure is on for them to at least investigate.
  • Options

Agree with this. I want the club back, but I dunno about possibly cutting ties with respected sponsors.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Unfortunately , we are going to have to 'rebuild' our club from the bottom/ashes as it is! So doesn't really matter if they pull out or not- they will understand the predicament and will hopefully look to get involved with Charlton again once we are under a different ownership/we are in our own eyes "successful" or happy

BUT
    Affecting the relationship between CAFC and UOG would damage the academy set up and would jeopardise it - something that would and could make Roland think twice (if he hasn't already!) about funding us and keeping us part of his network if he can't get his own way!
  • Options
    Done.
  • Options
    Email and tweets
  • Options
    What with their own image being tarnished with the breach of confidentiality and the leaked details of thousands of people, their name isn't exactly besmirched any more by being associated with Charlton.
  • Options
    Sent.
    And I have alluded to the Graham Moore/Alan Campbell incident.
  • Options

Agree with this. I want the club back, but I dunno about possibly cutting ties with respected sponsors.
    The sponsors are going already, of their own accord, driven away by an ownership that is held in ridicule by the rest of football. All we are doing is hastening that inevitable decision. Who would choose to be associated with the madness that is KM and RD ?
  • Options

Respect your views but if we can hit him hard enough financially and reputationaly Roland might just say sod it and sell up. I can't see anything else having the desired effect.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Sent.
    And I have alluded to the Graham Moore/Alan Campbell incident.

This still riles me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

What do you want us to tweet to them?

This was mine:

Good ole Nathan!
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Unfortunately , we are going to have to 'rebuild' our club from the bottom/ashes as it is! So doesn't really matter if they pull out or not- they will understand the predicament and will hopefully look to get involved with Charlton again once we are under a different ownership/we are in our own eyes "successful" or happy

BUT
    Affecting the relationship between CAFC and UOG would damage the academy set up and would jeopardise it - something that would and could make Roland think twice (if he hasn't already!) about funding us and keeping us part of his network if he can't get his own way!
    What if he can't or won't find a buyer and just shuts us down, knocks down the Valley and gets his money back this way?
  • Options
    Done by email.
    The UofG won't be impressed by the idea of a puppy farm of players, either, as their goal is to get students on the road to a happy and fulfilling life and career, not sold to the highest bidder for private profit!
  • Options
    My Dad works for the University (Sadly not in a Senior way) but they have screwed him over so many times he's looking to bugger them over before walking out and retiring.

Anyway I remember telling him how the Uni had decided to sponsor Charlton and he was shocked yet not surprised because they just throw pointless money at things when it can be better spent elsewhere.

Cmon UoG my family have given you over 20-years of hard Service, give us something back for it!!
  • Options
    I don't know. Does this mean we end up with Betfair or something on the shirts? CARD is a brilliant piece of organisation and no disrespect meant.
  • Options

I don't know. Does this mean we end up with Betfair or something on the shirts? CARD is a brilliant piece of organisation and no disrespect meant.

I don't think Roland would go down the Betfair or Wonga route but should that happen it will just alienate more fans and give even more ammunition to those of us that want him out.

• Options

Done by email.
    The UofG won't be impressed by the idea of a puppy farm of players, either, as their goal is to get students on the road to a happy and fulfilling life and career, not sold to the highest bidder for private profit!

This is a very good point!