Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Solly

Comments

• Options

So that's him gone after sat too...Been flogged off to the Gills,be nearer to his part time...if so I will be gutted,but who could blame him really,gave/given/giving his all...undermined by our incompetent SMT...it's only gonna get worse if they don't fuck off...!!!

If the Gills are signing George Boyd and Rob Elliot as well, they'll have a fine team next season!
    Maybe Charlton are signing them both?

You head the (completely made up) rumour here first.
  • Options

http://www.playerseliteacademy.co.uk/venue/

Quite professional looking website, based in Gillingham. Obviously easier for Solly and Crofts to get more hands on, seeing that Boyd and Rob Elliott are based somewhat further away!

Robbie still has a nice place not far from Gillingham. He spent a lot of time down here during his time out with his most recent injury.

I went to his house last summer for his younger sisters birthday (my girlfriend went to school with her). Had a nice dip in his pool, asked him about his time at charlton. His 2 yr old was better than me at football.
    Made his first appearance of the season this week, so was on the pitch as Newcastle clinched promotion!
    Iirc he's been injured a while and this was his first start since recovering.
  • Options

JJ will be happy!

I guess it wont matter as Jacko and his Academy are based in Essex. Of course if Jackson starts to provide transport for kids to travel from Medway to his Academy... then there may be a bit of an uproar ;)
    Dear old Jacko could hardly call it the 'Jacko Express' could he?
  • Options

Good to see players planning for the future. No doubt with his injury Solly's aware just how short careers can be so he's putting something in place. Plus he'll be able to engage with the children well as he's about the size of one

It'll be nice for him to tower over people for once.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Good to see players planning for the future. No doubt with his injury Solly's aware just how short careers can be so he's putting something in place. Plus he'll be able to engage with the children well as he's about the size of one

I dunno... He might be mistaken for one of the 10-year olds come to do the learning ;)
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

JJ will be happy!

I guess it wont matter as Jacko and his Academy are based in Essex. Of course if Jackson starts to provide transport for kids to travel from Medway to his Academy... then there may be a bit of an uproar ;)
    Dear old Jacko could hardly call it the 'Jacko Express' could he?
    "The slow coach"
  • Options

SDAddick said:

I dunno... He might be mistaken for one of the 10-year olds come to do the learning ;)
    Look, I'm only 5'8'' tall so I can imagine what it'd be like. And it'd be brilliant, I'd put meself up front as a target man center forward. "On me head lads, only on me head."
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Look, I'm only 5'8'' tall so I can imagine what it'd be like. And it'd be brilliant, I'd put meself up front as a target man center forward. "On me head lads, only on me head."
    I know this... 5'8" and a half (the half matters) exactly the same height as Sols. It's disappointing. I always wanted to be a fast bowler!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

I know this... 5'8" and a half (the half matters) exactly the same height as Sols. It's disappointing. I always wanted to be a fast bowler!!
    Sorry whats that... Cant hear either of you down there ;)
  • Options

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Sorry whats that... Cant hear either of you down there ;)
    What's the weather like up there?
  • Options

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

You could have been a fast bowler. Your comment reminded me of ex-Kent bowler, Duncan Spencer, whom I saw on tv when I was a teenager, bowling at Viv Richards and rattling him. I thought, 'This guy's going to be a star'. Spencer was 5'8" (as I am). Here's his story...

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/the-nightwatchman/2016/sep/16/duncan-spencer-cricket-fast-bowler
    That's a pretty good story! Unfortunately I could never manage anything gets above medium pace and I'm not much with the bat either....
  • Options

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

You could have been a fast bowler. Your comment reminded me of ex-Kent bowler, Duncan Spencer, whom I saw on tv when I was a teenager, bowling at Viv Richards and rattling him. I thought, 'This guy's going to be a star'. Spencer was 5'8" (as I am). Here's his story...

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/the-nightwatchman/2016/sep/16/duncan-spencer-cricket-fast-bowler
    Great article that. It really shows how things have improved with the conditioning of modern bowlers

• Options

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Great article that. It really shows how things have improved with the conditioning of modern bowlers

this .. and the great Malcolm Marshall was no giant .. about 5' 10"
  • Options

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Harold Larwood was 5' 7" and has been described as the fastest bowler of all time. The late, great Malcom Marshall was only about 5' 9" I believe too.
  • Options
    Darren gough isn't exactly a giant either
  • Options
    Solly of Anfernee to play RB next game?
  • Options
    Solly for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Solly actually plays well at left back when I've seen him.
  • Options
    Solly no question about it... Hasnt done anything wrong to be dropped
  • Options

Solly actually plays well at left back when I've seen him.

Purringtons the man for LB
  • Options
    Solly...but I don't think he should be an automatic pick, as he was poor on Saturday
  • Options
    Never thought I would say this, but Solly doesnt start for me on Friday

Dijksteel has looked good the last few games and Solly shouldnt come straight back in.
    Bowyer might want to freshen up and go with Solly's experience

IF we reach the Final though its the big question over who starts though
  • Options
    Never thought I would say this, but Solly doesnt start for me on Friday

Dijksteel has looked good the last few games and Solly shouldnt come straight back in.
    Bowyer might want to freshen up and go with Solly's experience

IF we reach the Final though its the big question over who starts though
    No thanks .  Dijksteel is a much better defender .  I love Solly but he doesn’t deserve to come in 
  • Options
    I can see the argument of keeping together a winning side, but not having Dijkstill down as a ‘much better defender’.

Chris Solly is a fantastic defender. 
  • Options
    I think Dijksteel became 1st choice RB today.