Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Whats really sent us down this season.....

edited February 2016 in General Charlton
KF's 14 games in charge.

When we look back on this season, it was his awful spell that really killed us. I think if Riga was here earlier (I know he wasnt available then) or the experienced Neil Warnock type manager weve been demanding actually happened, another 3 or 4 wins in that 14 game spell would have given us a great chance of staying up.

Of course, RD and KM are to blame for putting KF in charge in the first place.

In 2-and-a-half seasons, they have failed to match Powells 9th place finish in 12/13, and that was with no money to back him up.

Comments

• Options
    No arguments from me.

This is the most incompetent Charlton backroom staff I can remember (or are they just really bad at PR?)
  • Options
    The above & the decision to off load our best player Tony Watt without a decent replacement.

Madness.
  • Options
    If this season is to be death by a thousand paper cuts then Karel Fraeye was a definite stab wound.
  • Options
    It's not though Trevor is it? It's the whole season and all the shit results. Guy Luzon wasn't sacked because he was doing ok.
  • Options
    It's not a question of what's really sent us down this season....

...but WHO .

No prizes for guessing his name.
  • Options

Riga's opening 5 games (4 if you exclude Hull) have netted fewer points than Fraeye's first 2. Let's not rewrite history.

I like Riga as a bloke but as I said when he was appointed he did well to keep us up before but been sacked from French second division and with a weaker squad is not the saviour.

He's just another network manager at the end of the day, albeit a likeable one who is great at PR but he has got less points in double the number of opening games than Fraeye against arguably easier opponents.

The system and strategy is wrong and everyone and anyone with any nous in football knows it by now...hence why no decent managers will work under it and we have yest man number 4 "in charge" once again.

Lets see how they compare after 15 games. I know who my money's on to have netted the more points of the two managers.
  • Options

It's not a question of what's really sent us down this season....

...but WHO .

No prizes for guessing his name.

If there's no prizes for guessing WHO, then I'm not playing!!! LOL
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:

KF's 14 games in charge.

When we look back on this season, it was his awful spell that really killed us. I think if Riga was here earlier (I know he wasnt available then) or the experienced Neil Warnock type manager weve been demanding actually happened, another 3 or 4 wins in that 14 game spell would have given us a great chance of staying up.

In 2-and-a-half seasons, they have failed to match Powells 9th place finish in 12/13, and that was with no money to back him up.

Let Reed II. Both short, but damaging periods that cost us our league status because of stubborn owners / chairman.
  • Options

CAFCTrev said:

KF's 14 games in charge.

Let Reed II. Both short, but damaging periods that cost us our league status because of stubborn owners / chairman.
    All the more staggering Richard Murray oversaw the Les Reed reign and the 8 match winless Parky run yet just nodded his head and wagged his tail while the same happened with Fraeye's reign.
  • Options

CAFCTrev said:

KF's 14 games in charge.

All the more staggering Richard Murray oversaw the Les Reed reign and the 8 match winless Parky run yet just nodded his head and wagged his tail while the same happened with Fraeye's reign.
    He has no say in anything.
  • Options
    Richard Murray
  • Options
    Karel 'not enough strikers on the pitch' Fraeye.
  • Options

Riga's opening 5 games (4 if you exclude Hull) have netted fewer points than Fraeye's first 2. Let's not rewrite history.

I like Riga as a bloke but as I said when he was appointed he did well to keep us up before but been sacked from French second division and with a weaker squad is not the saviour.

He's just another network manager at the end of the day, albeit a likeable one who is great at PR but he has got less points in double the number of opening games than Fraeye against arguably easier opponents.

The system and strategy is wrong and everyone and anyone with any nous in football knows it by now...hence why no decent managers will work under it and we have yest man number 4 "in charge" once again.

Leaving aside the 0-6 at Hull 12 hours after he arrived (which no one would blame him for) Riga's opening 4 games have seen us get 3 results and concede only 3 goals - a real tightening up defensively.

Of course the Bristol C result was a killer, but, had RD moved on Luzon earlier and not kept Fraeye beyond 1-2 games at most we would never have looked at it as a life or death match.

The most interesting thing RD had to say to the SLP was to allude to things going on that supporters were not fully aware of. The only possibilities there would appear to be Watt being a corrosive influence in the dressing room (which many of us would have guessed at) or Luzon being difficult to deal with.....stubborn, determined to do things his way to the nth degree and not bringing back Lennon or Harriott from loan even when a huge chunk of the squad were out with injuries.

Should we go down it will be due to RD not acting sooner in my view.
  • Options

It's simply because we are nowhere near good enough from board room to pitch.

.... to the fuckwit responsible for the screen
  • Options
    The grass. It's the wrong sort!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ok nobody would have been surprised to us slip away from the top 6 our position in August but back then not too many would have thought it would guess this bad but that is the way the cookie crumbles I guess.
  • Options

CAFCTrev said:

KF's 14 games in charge.

Spot on! I always thought that if Pardew had come in 3 or 4 games earlier (I know he wasnt available) we would have survived that season.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Fraeye's first two games were a 3-0 defeat at Middlesbrough and a 1-0 defeat at MKD, so that makes no sense. Zero points from them.

Riga, who isn't the answer either, IMO, has got five points from 4/5 games; Fraeye got six from his first five. Unfortunately, he only got four more from the next nine. That's what killed us, although the perpetrators are the full cast.
  • Options
    Roland the Rat, Meire and Murray are the main reason why we will be relegated this season.
  • Options

Leaving aside the 0-6 at Hull 12 hours after he arrived (which no one would blame him for) Riga's opening 4 games have seen us get 3 results and concede only 3 goals - a real tightening up defensively.

Of course the Bristol C result was a killer, but, had RD moved on Luzon earlier and not kept Fraeye beyond 1-2 games at most we would never have looked at it as a life or death match.
    Draws at home in a relegation battle are not results. I agree that RD is responsible for it yes of course but Riga is another yes man compliant to facilitate an unworkable system having previously worked under it before and pick up his wages for the sub standard results that system and strategy is destined to yield.

Rotherham was absolutely superb but every other result has been a failure in the strive to keep us up and another nail in the coffin. I don't blame Riga the man as it is unworkable and even the most competent qualified manager (which he is not) would struggle under this philosophy. But I do resent his consent to work under it and be compliant with it.

Look at the signings that have occurred under his watch and the subsequent results.... does not strike me as the dealings of a man who is either a) competent in understanding what is required or (more likely) b) someone who has unfettered say in getting in the players required.

A network man and a complicit part of the regime as likeable as he may be.
  • Options
    A combination of things but a crazy owner summarises. I don think we are down yet - but it is looking bad.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Fraeye's first two games were a 3-0 defeat at Middlesbrough and a 1-0 defeat at MKD, so that makes no sense. Zero points from them.

I stand corrected. Apologies CAFCTrev for me rewriting history ;-)