Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Great players you've seen play

Best players I've seen are Cruyff and Ronaldo.
Never got to see Pele or Maradona and would love to have seen Best play.

Comments

• Options
    Are we talking about Live or on the Telly?
  • Options
    Live not Telly!
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Cruyff, Best, Shilton, Henry and Killer are my top 5
  • Options
    Paul Mortimer
  • Options
    Zola, Bergkamp and Leaburn.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Live I'd say Cristiano Ronaldo, Henry, Modric, Ozil, Scholes.
  • Options
    Goalkeeper is an underrated position as prestige goes. Therefore I'll pick the best ever - Buffon.
  • Options
    Gazza, Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Kanchelskis

All unplayable on their day.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    If I was to put together a Team based on who I've seen it would probably be the below (In regards to Lewandowski I saw him play against England for Poland when we made qualification for the 2014 World Cup).

I've included Richard Rufus in there because I do think he was a class Centre-Back who would have done great things had he not been a Charlton player, and Campbell because I remember whenever we played Arsenal at the Valley was just this brick that couldnt be moved

Peter Schmeichel
    Gary Neville .. Richard Rufus .. Sol Campbell .. Ashley Cole
    David Beckham .. Paul Scholes .. Patrick Vieira ... Cristiano Ronaldo
    Robert Lewandowski ... Thierry Henry
  • Options
    Other than prem stars I'd say Messi
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simonsen, head and shoulders above anything we had at the time.
  • Options
    Henry
    Ronaldo
    Platini
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Beckham, Henry, Scholes, Vieira, Ronaldo, Zola, Di Canio, Fox

Saw Barnes as well of course but he was cack by then
  • Options
    Is that Ruel Fox?
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Zidane, Beckham and Gascoinge (could have been one of the greatest).
    For Charlton got to be Simonsen.

• Options
    Henry, Ronaldo, Zidane, Zola and Dalglish
  • Options
    Georgie Best (my all time football hero), Bobby Moore, when they played for Fulham, Rodney March played as well.
  • Options
    If we are talking about players that we have watched at any ground, then I'd say that a match I was at that had Zinedine Zidane, (original before he was fat) Ronaldo, Romario, Roberto Baggio, and Paolo Maldini, offers a very hard decision for me to make.

Regarding players I've seen against us at the Valley, then Christiano Ronaldo.

Best player I've seen playing for us is Paolo di Canio. Beautiful technique and vision.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Georgie Best (my all time football hero), Bobby Moore, when they played for Fulham, Rodney March played as well.

Agree Bobby Moore. I remember he had our Eddie Firmani in his pocket in that cup game 63/64. Did not even get his shorts dirty. Not many defenders kept Eddie quiet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Duncan Edwards
    Wilf Mannion
    Len Shacklton
    George Best
    Denis Law
    Bobby Moore
    Henry
    Bergkamp
    Zola
  • Options

Duncan Edwards
    Wilf Mannion
    Len Shacklton
    George Best
    Denis Law
    Bobby Moore
    Henry
    Bergkamp
    Zola

Tom Finney
  • Options
    Gazza
    Cantona
    Zola
    Di Canio
    Becks
  • Options
    George Best...playing for Manchester Utd, Fulham (was at the famous televised Best/Marsh match) and err Charlton.
  • Options
    Best, Moore, Maradona, Zico, Socrates, Ronaldo, Rumenigge, Beckham, Giggs, Scholes, Gullitt, Hoddle, Cantona
  • Options

Duncan Edwards
    Wilf Mannion
    Len Shacklton
    George Best
    Denis Law
    Bobby Moore
    Henry
    Bergkamp
    Zola

Now THAT'S a list! No Billy Wright, Starinnaddick?

I too saw Moore, Best and Marsh play for Fulham. Also Rumenigge and Matthaus for West Germany. And players like Keegan, Rush, Hoddle, Lineker, Robson, Gascoigne, Shilton etc
  • Options
    Went to The Football League vs The Rest of the World at Wembley 1987.

Maradona took the absolute piss and was roundly booed after the recent hand of God.

Some unbelievable players in their prime playing that day Lineker, Robson, Platini, Shilton, Brady, Beardsley, waddle, berthold, josimar, stojkovic..and Steve Ogrizovic.

It was the first proper game I ever went to so was proper lucky. It somewhat skewed my expectations though and the next game I went to was a Charlton one bringing me crashing back down to reality.

In more recent times Bergkamp, Di Canio, Giggs, Ronaldo, Junhinio, Zola and Henry were all pretty special. And Jonathan Spector.

Barnes for Liverpool in my first Charlton game was great too.
  • Options
    Messi, Ronaldo, Larsson, Bergkamp and Henry would probably be top 5 in no particular order.
  • Options
    Hi Algarve
    I did see Billy Wright but I could have also added Bobby Charlton, Puskas Di Stefano and Lev Yashin