Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympic Stadium; our day in court

Comments

• Options
    Good luck Prague. This marathon continues.
  • Options
    Good luck PA
  • Options
    Good luck
  • Options
    Good work Prague, and good luck.
  • Options
    Good luck today Prague
  • Options
    Thanks for taking this forward, Prague. Hope the meeting is successful.
  • Options

Another big day for us tomorrow at City Hall. Now that the Moore Stephens inquiry has uncovered the full extent of the ongoing financial shambles, the question is, what to do about it? And the answer is definitely NOT, let WHU take it off the taxpayers hands for a sweetheart price.

To my pleasant surprise, three different players at City Hall readily agreed to meet us.

First up is David Bellamy, who is Khan's Chief of Staff. We never knew of him until I watched the webcam meetings. He is right on top of his brief, and is the one who can tell us whether our own ideas for putting the stadium on a better financial footing are goers. If so, he has the hotline to the Mayor.

Then we have Gareth Bacon. We fear that he may be too close to West Ham, as well as Johnson, but lets see. If he sees that we can show how unreasonable West Ham are ( threatening legal action at the drop of a hat), maybe he is the one to persuade the Baronness that a bit of humility might be in order.

Finally two Labour AMs, messrs Shah and Dessai. This ought to be a friendly meeting, but in politics, nothing is straightforward. During a routine search on the web, I discovered that Dessai is a trustee of the WHU Foundation ( equivalent CACT) and on Newham Council, so nothing can be taken for granted.

But, they all agreed to meet us, and to fit in to my small visiting window. It looks like they take us seriously, and now we have to show we deserve it. Doing my homework right now...will report later in the week.

He's only 85!

Sorry wrong thread....
  • Options
    Does anyone know if the (Un)Happy Hammers held their planned march, also featuring a coffin, yesterday?

Btw if you've not seen it yet their version of CARD may need a little more...er...pizzazz shall we say.

realwesthamfans.com/Real_West_Ham_Fans_Com/Home.html

Item 5 of their 'demands' made me chuckle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scratch the above...it's next month they're supposed to be marching! Doh!!!
  • Options
    Real West Ham Fans

Website sponsored by Dubai Hammers lol.
  • Options

Does anyone know if the (Un)Happy Hammers held their planned march, also featuring a coffin, yesterday?

Btw if you've not seen it yet their version of CARD may need a little more...er...pizzazz shall we say.

Wow, those demands. Hardly the stuff of nightmares is it.
  • Options
    Overpaid? Over-f’ing-paid?! Really? What world do they live in FFS?
  • Options

Scratch the above...it's next month they're supposed to be marching! Doh!!!

Their problem is exactly that they cannot get together and organise the C in CARD, a coalition.

For example, one of the more articulate groups is a tacit supporter of the Olympic Stadium Coalition...run this little video...

I think that's generously known as a mixed message he's giving there!
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

TBF @JohnBoyUK...what price their soul?
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

JohnBoyUK said:

TBF @JohnBoyUK...what price their soul?
    West Ham fans have souls?
  • Options

The initial 5 points raised and sent to the club are:

1 : Must take up full away ticket allocation

2 : Memorial garden to be maintained regularly

3: The Hammer and Castle badge to be recognised with immediate effect on match programme and, in future, in the stadium

4 : The owners to be more professional on social media i.e remove the Sullivan kids from speaking on the clubs behalf

5 : The 15 minute interval must be managed better in the food & drink kiosks as it currently impossible to get to the toilets get a drink and be back for the restart a for the second half
    So of the five most important points, one of them is not having enough time for a fag piss at half-time?

Cheeky little cockney rascals.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2018
    If you want a laugh whilst sat outside London Bridge, have a look at this - Brady's reply to supporters with the hump. http://www.kumb.com/docs/kb_open_letter_to_whgu.pdf

Will need to be a long delay, it's 5000 words.
  • Options

If you want a laugh whilst sat outside London Bridge, have a look at this - Brady's reply to supporters with the hump. http://www.kumb.com/docs/kb_open_letter_to_whgu.pdf

I'm surprised the primary walkway to the stadium is being renamed "The West Ham Way". I guess its just another small thing to make them feell its their home.
    In saying that considering the rent they pay, its not.

• Options
    IT_Andy said:

I'm surprised the primary walkway to the stadium is being renamed "The West Ham Way". I guess its just another small thing to make them feell its their home.
    In saying that considering the rent they pay, its not.

Should be lined with shops selling stuff on the cheap, as that is the West Ham way.
  • Options

Brady chatting more lies in the Evening sub-standard tonight.

West ham earn record £43m profit but Brady claims "we would have made a similar profit at the Boleyn ground".

Doesn't take a maths genius to work out this is a lie. In fact all you need is the ability to count to work out that this is compete rubbish. Without your state handouts and free use of the council house stadium you'd be much worse of. If you actually had to pay your own policing and running costs you be even worse off.

Dont forget the business rates which they would be paying at Upham Park .
  • Options

Brady chatting more lies in the Evening sub-standard tonight.

West ham earn record £43m profit but Brady claims "we would have made a similar profit at the Boleyn ground".

Doesn't take a maths genius to work out this is a lie. In fact all you need is the ability to count to work out that this is compete rubbish. Without your state handouts and free use of the council house stadium you'd be much worse of. If you actually had to pay your own policing and running costs you be even worse off.

Dont forget the business rates which they would be paying at Upham Park .
    And is she taking into account that whu might have had to pay out for a bit of general maintenance, wear and tear repair on the Upton park ground had they stayed there ?
  • Options
    Roughly the amount Newham put in.
  • Options
    They were pleading poverty, when they were at Upton Park. They wanted people to feel sorry for them to help lever a deal. How times change!