Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    *Opens popcorn*
  • Options
    there wont be a long term success with dickface owning us
  • Options
    Target 10,000 would be a start!
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Is there still a main supporters club? I thought that disbanded a while ago, hence all the splinter groups.

Trust not mentioned either.

No 2% representative
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    To an extent, I can see the merit in having a tick-box list - especially having younger people on it - though I'd question some of the categories on it (why not family stand ST holders, to see what can be done to make it easier for families to come?).

But once the thought ghosts across my mind, it's hard not to reach the conclusion that KM and RD, even if only sub-consciously, see existing supporters over 35 as a problem. I can see why she'd want to diversify things away from "the usual suspects", for want of a better phrase, but many of those people have a huge deal of experience and need to be part of the process.

And obviously, if the football's crap and you're doing nothing to change that, then you're always going to face an uphill task. How does any Championship club market itself in the face of the Premier League juggernaut? Always good to aim for the stars, but even tourist-friendly Fulham haven't topped 19,969 this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How will getting more people in no matter how unlikely help progress the club, which is held back by one thing only and that is the Duchatalet model that won't change.
    They must be laughing their heads off.
    The aim for addicks should be target 5000 to help push the virus from the Valley. Persuade people not to go. Spread the word of how things can only improve with new owners.
  • Options
    Could be great news this. If a CEO completely fails to meet their targets they generally get sacked, so the 14 fans we're bringing in by May might even spell the end for Katrien. Somehow I doubt RD is quite so trigger happy with CEOs as he is with managers though
  • Options

WSS said:

Hope you're putting yourself forward Rick.

The club is well aware that I will help out if wanted. I was asked, as were others, and I said I would.

Unfortunately, the goalposts have since been moved in order to exclude people with experience. There are reasons for that, but they have nothing to do with achieving the best outcomes for Charlton.
    So why have they excluded people with experience?

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Good luck with that , i personally think you need a team and manager that the fans can hang their hats on and relate to (just a little bit) rather than a revolving door of in and outs before this sort of idea will have any chance of heading in the right direction if we ever get an average of 20k for a season outside the premiership I'll pay for PL54's season ticket the following season

Bring in a UK manager and give him a budget that isn't on a par with Barnsley.
  • Options
    The list of people that the club are looking to recruit could be a good focus group to sound out the ideas from an *actual* Target 20,000 team but clearly not the ones to steer it.

Getting the views of younger fans and from minority groups is obviously welcome but that doesn't make them best placed to suggest strategies for growing the matchday attendances.

If only we had a group of experienced fans who had been through this before and were willing to help out, we could ask them... oh hang on a minute...

All a bit of a joke really, but what I've come to expect from Comical Katrien our esteemed CEO.
  • Options
    The basic underlying problema is that the football part of the club is being mismanaged. A lot of fans can see it so they don't come. That is the part the CEO needs to address. I honestly can't see what else will bring the fans back. Posting video's of people having sex on the pitch is not likely to bring a single new supporter through the turnstyles, and of that is the level the CEO is working at, maybe we need a new CEO.
    Just an afterthought. If any of our fans are in touch with the 'other side', maybe we could have a médium on the commitee to ask dead fans what they think about target 20,000?
  • Options
    Whilst I agree that the experienced guys such as the obvious ones should be on board with this, I feel that some people are being under estimated here.
  • Options
    They don't quite realise how much they have pissed people off both on and off the field. Encouraging people, particularly kids, to go at the moment is more likely to put them off Charlton for life.
    I don't think my first proposal of KM stepping down will be very well accepted so I wont be putting myself forward. Having recently retired and with 40 years of business experience, much in consumer orientated businesses, is something I would have seriously considered.
    Too old for KM's dream of 20,000 under 25's anyway.
    it is just another example of a decent idea badly thought through and badly presented.
  • Options
    Not surprising the age gaps stop at 35, they have no interested in the older supporters, that interview KM spoke volumes