Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alan Pardew - Next England Manager

i nearly crashed the car off the road in shock this week, on my way to work, when they were saying on the radio, that Alan Pardew could be the man to be the next England manager when Roy steps down, and lead England forward.

I think if it did happen it would really make me give up on watching England, could this be a plausible nightmare, or is it a load of old hogwash?

Does 'Super Al' have the credentials to lead our great nation to glory?

Comments

• Options
    As long as it fuc.. Palace up then I wouldn't have a problem with that.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    He is currently the best option as it is probably a bit too early for Garry Monk. I've supported England with racist arseholes like John Terry playing, will support them with a racist in Jamie Vardy playing later, I can deal with Alan Pardew's smug face. It's better than Harry Redknapp.
  • Options
    The media will jump on whoever is doing well over the last 6 games. Once they hit their inevitable lean spell and go half a dozen games without a win, they'll be discussing whether or not he should get sacked.................
  • Options

He is currently the best option as it is probably a bit too early for Garry Monk. I've supported England with racist arseholes like John Terry playing, will support them with a racist in Jamie Vardy playing later, I can deal with Alan Pardew's smug face. It's better than Harry Redknapp.

And you have supported them alongside millions of racist England supporters good for you
  • Options
    Millions of racist England supporters?

You get that from where?
  • Options
    I don't think the FA would approve of Pardew...they would choose a safer option. An older, wiser, more stable head.

Pardew is a good manager in a sense but "form" is also integrated in managers as well as players. He is on great "form" at the moment and at the peak of his career as a manager which may even get better.
    I think he has learnt from some previous mistakes tbf... in terms of management and the way he comes across...but overall he is still a c**t and should be no where near the England job.

Next.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    England manager should be English. The next England manager should be the best option at the time. That will either be Monk or Pardew I should think. However, do not discount Eddie Howe who, I believe, will one day manage England. He has a great attitude, is clearly a good man manager, speaks particularly well on the game at the end of each match and gets his teams trying to play decent football. So, Eddie Howe for me but probably after one other when we finally get rid of the depressing monotony that is Hodgson.
  • Options
    Jamie Vardy is not racist ffs
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I can't believe nobody has mentioned Chris Powell for the job - he is, after all, brilliant........isn't he ?
  • Options
    Howe is the man.
  • Options
    I think Howe is doing a great job but I don't know, he seems a little timid for the England job? Just not sure if people like Rooney etc would respect him. Guess thats where it would come in useful where Pardew would think he is bigger than the England job.
  • Options
    Curbs
  • Options

England manager should be English. The next England manager should be the best option at the time. That will either be Monk or Pardew I should think. However, do not discount Eddie Howe who, I believe, will one day manage England. He has a great attitude, is clearly a good man manager, speaks particularly well on the game at the end of each match and gets his teams trying to play decent football. So, Eddie Howe for me but probably after one other when we finally get rid of the depressing monotony that is Hodgson.

Yes,yes,yes. Expect an English capitulation at the Euros followed by an 'Englishman management can't cut it' fervour.....
    Mourinho in the seat by August!!!

• Options
    Howe or Monk for me. Both better coaches than Pardew. If that man ever gets the gig I'll stop watching.
  • Options
    Get Pardew in...great way to see whether that super-injunction is still in place when the press want to dig him out!!! :wink:
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Thank god I will have the choice to fecide to be Scots if that happens. Oh hang on a minute....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its the homer simpson default option..
  • Options
    If the next manager has to be English, there isn't exactly a long list of suitable candidates.

Successful club management record
    European experience
    No dodgy personal issues

Maybe someone like Gary Neville, who has been involved with the England team, would be an option?
  • Options
    No way. Just a journalistic merry go round story which was last given air time when we had won 4-0 at Hartlepool, remember that weekend and the days after it was being discussed on the radio as he was doing well at Newcastle at that point. Don't worry, this story will disappear again when Palace hit a slump later this season.
  • Options

If the next manager has to be English, there isn't exactly a long list of suitable candidates.

Successful club management record
    European experience
    No dodgy personal issues

Maybe someone like Gary Neville, who has been involved with the England team, would be an option?

would love gary neville to be england manager. A punt but a calculated one.
  • Options
    Tim Sherwood...
  • Options
    I honestly think it'll be Neville or Southgate if it's an English coach. I wouldn't rule out Mourinho though.
  • Options
    Might have to consider moving to Germany ;)
  • Options
    To those suggesting Neville or Southgate gan I remind you of the last occasion when we promoted someone from within the England set up! A certain Steve Mclaren. Well that ended well didn't it!
  • Options

To those suggesting Neville or Southgate gan I remind you of the last occasion when we promoted someone from within the England set up! A certain Steve Mclaren. Well that ended well didn't it!

To be fair, all England managers have been "failures" since Sir Alf, as none have won anything. The only ones with any sorts of achievements are Sir Bobby, after 8 years and many disappointments and El Tel, who got the push due to his Del Boy tendencies!