Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Senior Cup 15/16

For those that are interested in these games we begin our defence of the trophy @ Hythe Town in Round One.

Comments

• Options
    The word on the street said we were moving to London
    and not entering this year? that was just a rumour ?
  • Options
    I heard a similar story about us not entering this year...so much for rumours eh?
  • Options
    The rumour was, (I got this from Jason Euell at the POTY do) that we weren't't happy with a number of events last season.

One was we were arsed around at Ebbsfleet when we weren't allowed to wear our strip. And secondly, when Gillingham and Charlton were invited, and accepted, to rejoin the tournament, that it would be for development squads. Sure, you could play a couple of first steamers if they were coming back from injury etc. But it was never meant to be Tony Watt, Caballos, Yann or whoever making a load of semi professional players look like mugs. (Ahearne -Grant and Ansah were able to do that anyway...)

And then, in the final, Gillingham put out a team containing 7 first teamers...
  • Options

The rumour was, (I got this from Jason Euell at the POTY do) that we weren't't happy with a number of events last season.

One was we were arsed around at Ebbsfleet when we weren't allowed to wear our strip. And secondly, when Gillingham and Charlton were invited, and accepted, to rejoin the tournament, that it would be for development squads. Sure, you could play a couple of first steamers if they were coming back from injury etc. But it was never meant to be Tony Watt, Caballos, Yann or whoever making a load of semi professional players look like mugs. (Ahearne -Grant and Ansah were able to do that anyway...)

Which they then lost 1-0 :)
  • Options
    Maybe we could ask the club to knock the Kent Cup on the head and enter the London Senior Cup instead :)
  • Options

Maybe we could ask the club to knock the Kent Cup on the head and enter the London Senior Cup instead :)

A director of the London FA, who happens to be a Lifer too, did suggest that we join the London Senior Club too.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    See, great minds think alike :)
  • Options

See, great minds think alike :)

Don't know if I'd class either of you as "great minds"

:- )
  • Options
    I have my moments :wink:
  • Options

For those that are interested in these games we begin our defence of the trophy @ Hythe Town in Round One.

Do you know when ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just out of curiosity how many teams are involved in this competition?
  • Options
    23 teams by the looks of things. Here are the fixtures:

Cray Wanderers v Hythe Town or Charlton Athletic

Greenwich Borough v Folkestone Invicta

Phoenix Sports v VCD Athletic

Margate or Tonbridge Angels v Faversham Town

Sittingbourne or Whitstable Town v Dover Athletic or Bromley

Chatham Town or Ramsgate v Herne Bay

Dartford or Welling United v Gillingham

Thamesmead Town or Maidstone United v Ebbsfleet United

• Options

I know, I was there!

It had more to do with the determination of our kids, than anything Gillingham did.

And a top finish by Ahearne-Grant.

Gillingham even took the captaincy away from their youth player who had captained them through all the previous rounds.

Very shabby, I thought...
  • Options

Winners play Huddersfield away?
  • Options
    Hythe s not that far from Hastings might be able to go depending on which eve.
  • Options
    Yep, i'm from Hythe. Currently living in Sydney. Always going to happen.

Cheers.
  • Options

I know, I was there!

It had more to do with the determination of our kids, than anything Gillingham did.

Gillingham even took the captaincy away from their youth player who had captained them through all the previous rounds.

I was there too...very shabby indeed from Gillingham.
  • Options
    The London Senior Cup looks good, hopefully we'll switch to that next year if we're allowed to(I thought we played in the KSC because were affiliated to that FS?)
  • Options

I know, I was there!

Did Gillingham ever offer a statement about it and did anyone at CAFC ever raise a complaint with the FA / Kent FA ?
  • Options
    I think the agreement not to put out a load of 1st team players was just a gentlemen's agreement with nothing set in stone which makes Gillingham look like an even bigger bunch of mugs then our development squad made them look in the actual match.

I'm liking the potential Cray Wanderers tie if we can get past Hythe :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PL54 said:

I know, I was there!

Did Gillingham ever offer a statement about it and did anyone at CAFC ever raise a complaint with the FA / Kent FA ?
    As far as I am aware, no comment ever made by Gillingham.

I think it was made clear to the Kent FA that we were "considering our position". I am sure that the Kent FA were aware that gates for these games would reduce dramatically if Charlton weren't in the tournament. Whatever game Charlton are playing I am always astounded how many Charlton idiots (myself included!) are at the games...
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Since we re-entered the cup a few seasons back I only missed last seasons Maidstone game..so yes I'm a fully fledged Charlton idiot :)
  • Options

Since we re-entered the cup a few seasons back I only missed last seasons Maidstone game..so yes I'm a fully fledged Charlton idiot :)

Not missed one yet!

As long as we don't get Dartford away...
  • Options

I think the agreement not to put out a load of 1st team players was just a gentlemen's agreement with nothing set in stone which makes Gillingham look like an even bigger bunch of mugs then our development squad made them look in the actual match.

Do Cray still share with Bromley?
  • Options

Do Cray still share with Bromley?
    Yes,I think they do.
  • Options

Me too
  • Options
    Why do we start a round ahead of Gillingham?
  • Options
    I think they are looking at obtaining the Flamingo Park what was the National Dock Labour Board ground.
  • Options
    Charlton will begin their defence of the Kent Senior Cup with a trip to Hythe Town on Tuesday, October 6th (7.45pm).

Jason Euell's development squad will travel to Reachfields Stadium in the first round of the competition, which they have won twice in the last three seasons, and will be hoping to work towards a repeat of the scenes which saw them lift the 127-year-old trophy against an experienced Gillingham side in the final last May.

The winners of the tie will go on to face Cray Wanderers at Bromley's Hayes Lane in the second round.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-hythe-town-kent-senior-cup-2663235.aspx#qptM8mtYdbhc4TVl.99
  • Options
    Count me in for this one...I've not been to Hythe Town before :)