Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

GAA

Comments

• Options
    It's a beautiful little town , I love it and it has a huge part of me in it also , I spent so long running freely in that town when you come from London and don't have the space send freedom that those little towns offer as a youngster,

• Options
    I have weird images of nla with a broad paddy accent, to be sure
  • Options
    Looks like we're all related then, well Curb_it's my mum anyway.
  • Options
    There's a Charlton song about this :smile:
  • Options
    This actually might be my favourite thread ever. To be sure. To be really sure.

Xxxx
  • Options
    Hic
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Curb_It said:

Xxxx

Y'see this is what GAA is really all about, you go off to the county ground on a Sunday afternoon to watch gaelic football but it is so tediously average that you stand around talking to some randomer about where your family might have met their neighbour in the 1920's.

"Shure 'tis mighty!"

Anyone for a cuppa tea?
  • Options
    gaa football personally I really enjoy it, the Mrs is from Westmeath so sort of follow them although there not great, went to the leinster final last year, good day out and excuse for a drink up, croke park is a great stadium, its good that its getting more coverage on sky now as it is still an amateur game.
  • Options

Curb_It said:

Xxxx

Y'see this is what GAA is really all about, you go off to the county ground on a Sunday afternoon to watch gaelic football but it is so tediously average that you stand around talking to some randomer about where your family might have met their neighbour in the 1920's.

"Shure 'tis mighty!"

Anyone for a cuppa tea?
    Or talk about the weather?

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Curb_It said:

Xxxx

"Shure 'tis mighty!"

Anyone for a cuppa tea?

"Ah, at least it's mild."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Curb_It said:

Curb_It said:

Xxxx

"Shure 'tis mighty!"

Anyone for a cuppa tea?

"Ah, at least it's mild."

Fierce warm.
  • Options
    Soft rain.
  • Options
    Teaming down
  • Options
    Thought yiz were talking about Kerry. Down are already out @nth london addick :) Anyway hoping for a Mayo v Monaghan final unless Fermanagh beat Kerry.
  • Options
    anyone following this years kerry dublin is gonna be a cracker
  • Options

anyone following this years kerry dublin is gonna be a cracker

I'll be watching it in the Bull in Woolwich.

Ciarrai abu! Up the Kingdom!

Hoping the Gooch is back to his best.
  • Options
    My old man used to play for the Beara Peninsula in Cork - he lived on Bere Island in Bantry Bay
  • Options
    Still mourning Tyrone's loss.

Hoping for Mayo to win now.
  • Options
    My Dad won an all-Ireland Minors (U21?) Gaelic Football Medal in 1954 before coming over to England. I've played a couple of games here in the USA but you are always a marked man with an English accent. My cousin Keith Barr won an all-Ireland with Dublin. So it runs in the family
  • Options
    Only just seen this thread, must say GAA is a cracking sport.

My sister moved to Dublin 4 years ago and I saw a semi final at croke park a couple of years later. Great all action game.

A pal of mine watched the events last Saturday after the Liverpool v bArca friendly and was taken in by it aswell. Im off on a trip on the 28th August but will try to find a tv that will show it.

Come on the Dubs!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone but Kerry or Dublin so on to a loser here. Guess this plastic paddy's county anyone?
  • Options
    redsek said:

Anyone but Kerry or Dublin so on to a loser here. Guess this plastic paddy's county anyone?

Mayo?
  • Options
    redsek said:

Corcai
  • Options
    iainment said:

redsek said:

Corcai
    Sorry Corgaigh
  • Options
    went to leinster final as girlfreinds family are from westmeath they got hammered by dublin, i enjoy the hurling aswell, 2 counties dominate hurling though kilkenny and tiperary.
  • Options
    @Fiiiiiish picked a cracking weekend for the gaa dublin kerry, should head into flannerys bar the place is mental.
  • Options
    I love the fact sky have it on the telly box best decision in ages
  • Options
    iainment said:

iainment said:

redsek said:

Corcai
    Sorry Corgaigh
    - gas fitters in the Gaeltacht?

I'd be more inclined to apologise to Corcaigh.

• Options
    iainment said:

iainment said:

redsek said:

Corcai
    Sorry Corgaigh
    Cork is right, boy. God's own county like.
  • Options
    Premier County. Nuff said.