Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

GAA

Comments

• Options
    Really got into GAA this year after going to my first games at Croke Park.
  • Options

@Fiiiiiish picked a cracking weekend for the gaa dublin kerry, should head into flannerys bar the place is mental.

Sorry mate, I meant I was away on a trip and the pub I would normally watch it will be too far. Obviously would love to be in Dublin for it though! Loved the afternoon when I did it before!
  • Options
    redsek said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

redsek said:

Anyone but Kerry or Dublin so on to a loser here. Guess this plastic paddy's county anyone?

Corcai
    Sorry Corgaigh
    Cork is right, boy. God's own county like.
    Worked in Co Cork for a while. Kingdom so much more agreeable to me. But SW Ireland over Dublin anyday.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

This picture brings back so many happy memories of summers back in Ireland...

Don't be getting too carried away though @iainment. Can't see Kerry getting away with playing like that much more :wink:
    It looks like a beautiful place I have no idea why you left
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

TelMc32 said:

This picture brings back so many happy memories of summers back in Ireland...

Don't be getting too carried away though @iainment. Can't see Kerry getting away with playing like that much more :wink:
    It looks like a beautiful place I have no idea why you left
    Nor do I. I'd be back in a heartbeat if I could. Kerry is a beautiful place, the people are great but unfortunately no jobs on my field of work.
  • Options
    Couple of cracking games this weekend with the Cats just getting the better of Waterford, in the replay in Semple yesterday, to take up residence yet again at HQ.

Old hostilities resuming after Tipp (Up Tipp) got past Galway this afternoon at Croke. Looking forward to spotting all the family from Gortnahoe cheering on the Premier County on Sept 4th :smiley:
  • Options
    Maybe it's because I lived in the Kingdom but Hurling just bores me. Especially during a time of such utter domination by Kilkenny.
    Every September they just put the latest aspirant to sleep. Great if you follow the cats but otherwise not.
  • Options
    Waterford should have beat them last week (God, the GAA do love a draw) and went very close yesterday. If Tipp can up their game and stick at it for 70 minutes, they could finally get one over the neighbours this year.
  • Options
    Up Kerry! Hoping to beat the Dubs today. Big ask though.

The minors won easily against Kildare.

So, maybe just maybe it'll be a Kerry double.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a turnaround! Kerry half way there.

Ciarrai abu!!!!!!
  • Options
    Dubs playing possession football now. Running clock down and hoping to score too late for Kerry to respond.
  • Options
    But always remember...the GAA loves a draw!! :wink:
  • Options
    The Jacks are back

Terrific second half from a Dublin point of view, great overal game

Used to watch the games on Hill 16 when I was younger, would have been amazing there today
  • Options
    Oh well. Next year.

Up the Kingdom!
  • Options
    Cracking game. Very hard on Kerry to score two goals and still get beat. Some crowd there at Croker this afternoon.
  • Options
    I think Mayo will be worried.

But as we all know it's the minors that really matter. (This year anyway).
  • Options
    It was a good game, not brilliant. Without the Dublin goalie mistakes it would have been easier for them.

The hurling is far better in my opinion.
  • Options
    Up the Dubs!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ABD.
  • Options
    On reflection a Kerry team with a Paul Galvin would have killed today's game and not allowed the Dubs back in.

But you play what's in front of you.

Well played Dublin.

Still supporting Mayo though!
  • Options
    iainment said:

ABD.

My first visit to Dublin I managed to buy tickets from a tout for the Lienster final; Dubs v Meath. It was a great match and my first introduction to Gaelic football. The city was buzzing that night and have always sided with the Dubs since.
    Up the jacks!
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

iainment said:

ABD.

My first visit to Dublin I managed to buy tickets from a tout for the Lienster final; Dubs v Meath. It was a great match and my first introduction to Gaelic football. The city was buzzing that night and have always sided with the Dubs since.
    Up the jacks!
    Anyone but the capital city! Unless you're from it.
  • Options
    Go Tipp!
  • Options
    Great start to this final trip to tip come on beat Kil
  • Options
    What a first twenty mins this has been
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Tipp starting to power on. Cracking game...please, finally, put these pesky cats away!!!
  • Options
    Another goal for Tipp...get the feck in there!!!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Some game...

Two great teams.