Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Please you

Comments

• Options
    Another year of sick & terminally ill children & their families enjoying a weekend away at Disneyland creating priceless memories :)
    I saw them all heading off down the M2 one year whilst driving on the other side of the road, something in my peripheral vision clocked there was something odd on the other carriageway and I realised every car was a black cab - got into work and looked up what it was. 

Such a lovely idea. 
  • Options
    Finding "Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons Greatest hits" on vinyl in the charity shop absolute mint condition. 
    *On the K-Tel label!
    *one for the oldies there*
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Finding "Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons Greatest hits" on vinyl in the charity shop absolute mint condition. 
    *On the K-Tel label!
    Did you know you can listen to virtually anything for free on you tube ?
    Just put it in the search bar & click on play.

https://music.youtube.com/search?q=frankie+valli+and+the+four+seasons
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    *On the K-Tel label!
    Did you know you can listen to virtually anything for free on you tube ?
    Just put it in the search bar & click on play.

https://music.youtube.com/search?q=frankie+valli+and+the+four+seasons
    I do, but there's not much better than flipping over an album to listen to the other side. ;)
  • Options
    Walking to the Red Robin pub today there was a squelch as I trod on something soft and very slippery. My foot went from under me but I managed to stay upright. I then looked down at the offending item - I have never been so pleased and relieved to see a squashed pie.
  • Options
    after Charlton losing yesterday and Scotland losing this morning, Hearts finishing the weekend with a win in the Edinburgh derby has cheered me right up
  • Options
    after Charlton losing yesterday and Scotland losing this morning, Hearts finishing the weekend with a win in the Edinburgh derby has cheered me right up
    YYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSS oh shit, still on duty...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/49795961 
  • Options
    I think they call in karma.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Going for a walk and tracing a shape on a map.  I've done a few that were planned in advance, but this shape of Great Britain was completely by accident:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    No Irish backstop then, Stig?
  • Options
    Bet that'll be a barrel of laughs in this ultra pc world we now live in
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Going for a walk and tracing a shape on a map.  I've done a few that were planned in advance, but this shape of Great Britain was completely by accident:

Glad you took a shortcut up the banks of the Severn, cutting Wales off
  • Options
    I think Marion should have gone to Specsavers. In fact, your mate might be able to sell the idea to their ad agency... ;) 
  • Options
    Big the Musical - Absolutely superb 
  • Options
    Getting a 7 letter word watching Countdown while Dictionary Corner & the contestants only manage 5. The word was cageful, I know I have a sad life.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    The West Ham fan who complained on Twitter, about the Palarse fan who threw a flare onto the claret coloured AstroTurf possibly burning it and should he pay for it. Being told, he probably did pay for it, just like the rest of us. 

Any link for this please?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    The West Ham fan who complained on Twitter, about the Palarse fan who threw a flare onto the claret coloured AstroTurf possibly burning it and should he pay for it. Being told, he probably did pay for it, just like the rest of us. 

Sorry I couldn’t find it , bit of a technophobe I’m afraid.
  • Options
    Getting a 7 letter word watching Countdown while Dictionary Corner & the contestants only manage 5. The word was cageful, I know I have a sad life.
     2019 - @happyvalley shows up the countdown crew. He had a cageful of decent facts before this one.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    T_C_E said:

Sorry I couldn’t find it , bit of a technophobe I’m afraid.
    Ha, I'm the same,  hence the bit of buck passing. No worries.
  • Options
    Restores quite a bit of faith in today's youngsters, he'll go far. Taken at London Bridge BR station on the 3rd of Oct apparently -

• Options
    edited October 2019
    if you are intelligent enough to go to a decent uni and you have anything about you, you don’t need to tout yourself at a train station...
  • Options
    if you are intelligent enough to go to a decent uni and you have anything about you, you don’t need to tout yourself at a train station...
    Agree, but I think the fact he is, shows that he has a lot more than any Uni can teach him, and to be honest, I don't this the University education is the main thing that shines out with this young man.
  • Options
    if you are intelligent enough to go to a decent uni and you have anything about you, you don’t need to tout yourself at a train station...Don't even n
    If you need Uni to blag a job, you obviously don't have much about you already.  

University  can support an application but shouldn't be a requirement IMO.

I'm quite well thought of as a Business Analyst but never went to Uni.

I've also never failed to get a job offer off the back of an interview either.
  • Options
    Restores quite a bit of faith in today's youngsters, he'll go far. Taken at London Bridge BR station on the 3rd of Oct apparently -

Only i can change my life, no one can do it for me...

Asks people to take photos and share on his behalf because printing 4 sheets of A4 is easier than reaching out to companies yourself.