Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Milos Veljkovic (rumoured loan)

edited January 2015 in General Charlton
Sky news Peter Pete O'Rourke reporting he will join us on loan for the est of the season

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SportsPeteO 20m20 minutes ago
Tottenham's Milos Veljkovic is poised to join Charlton on loan until the end of the season. #THFC #CAFC

Comments

• Options
    19 year old serbian defender

been on loan at boro since 16th October and played 3 games
  • Options
    CB or CM. Won the U19 Euros with Serbia in 2013.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aitor-karanka-heaps-praise-milos-8345352

Boro’s teenage loan star Milos Veljkovic was “the best player on the pitch” against Ipswich, according to head coach Aitor Karanka.

The versatile Spurs midfielder replaced Kenneth Omeruo shortly after the hour mark at Portman Road, and caught the eye of the Boro boss.

The 19-year-old has had to be patient since arriving at the Riverside in October, and has been restricted to only two substitute appearances to date.

His Boro bow came during the 5-1 demolition of Millwall, and that was followed by a 30-minute cameo in Saturday’s defeat.
    With Veljkovic’s loan deal set to expire next month, Karanka again refused to be drawn on whether the Serbian or Chelsea goalkeeper Jamal Blackman will be extending their stay on Teesside.

“I know what I want to do but I haven’t spoken to the players and I need to speak with them,” Karanka said.

“I am very happy with both of them. Jamal has been unlucky because he’s had a few injuries.

“I am very pleased with Milos. I felt he was the best player on the pitch in the last game.

“He went onto the pitch at a difficult time and he showed everyone he is a mature player, even though he is only 19 years old.”

With Blackman’s only Boro appearance coming in the Capital One Cup shootout defeat to Liverpool, his future on Teesside appears far from certain.

But Karanka’s recent praise for Veljkovic could suggest he has a part to play at Boro, if Spurs agree to an extension.

The Serbian’s stay in the North-east could depend on the return of Rhys Williams, who will provide Boro with another option in the central positions.

The Australian has been out since January with a serious Achilles injury.
  • Options
    Good player.
  • Options
    If Luzon can't get TBH/ABA under control we need a pacy defender to partner Gomez. Bring it on. Think we need young enthuseism rather than know-all experience following recent events. Steep learning curve but there are three poor teams eight points adrift.
  • Options
    He has gone back to the Lane.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/milos-veljkovic-set-return-tottenham-8445814

Aitor Karanka could look to bolster his midfield in the transfer window after confirming Milos Veljkovic will return to Spurs when his loan spell comes to an end tomorrow.

The Serbian teenager made just four appearances during his three-month stay but was still expected to extend his loan stint with Boro short on cover in centre midfield.

But Aitor Karanka wished the 19-year-old well after confirming Veljkovic is heading back to White Hart Lane.

"I'd like to thank Milos for his efforts while he was here and wish him all the best for the future," Karanka told the club's website.

"I'd also like to thank Tottenham for allowing him to come here for three months."

Veljkovic was made to wait almost two months for his Boro debut after completing the switch, making his first appearance as a substitute in Boro's 5-1 mauling of Millwall.

He was brought off the bench again during the defeat at Ipswich before making his only start for Boro at Blackburn.

Veljkovic's departure leaves Dean Whitehead as the only recognised centre-midfielder to cover for first-choice pairing Grant Leadbitter and Adam Clayton.

Aitor Karanka was linked with a move for highly-rated Chelsea midfielder Lewis Baker in the summer but the 19-year-old has since completed a loan switch to Sheffield Wednesday until the end of the season.
  • Options
    How on earth do you say that.

Interesting to see whether he comes in as a cb or as a cm. If it's cm I'd imagine that's the end of Buyens
  • Options

Interesting to see whether he comes in as a cb or as a cm. If it's cm I'd imagine that's the end of Buyens

Good!
  • Options

Don't pronounce one of the l or j I'd imagine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

How long has Milos (see what I did there, Greenie Junior? ;o) got left on his Spurs contract?

Meaning is he out of contract at Spurs in June?

• Options
    Pronounced Vel-kovich I imagine.
  • Options

Bolshevik.

Trust me.

• Options

Correct. The J is silent.
  • Options
    His Boro bow came during the 5-1 demolition of Millwall
    Any tips on how to repeat that scoreline would be most welcome!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Bolshevik.

Trust me.

Communism is inevitable.
  • Options

Buyens wants out. His performance against Watford was pathetic, didn't wanna be there. Didn't even bother looking at the fans as he walked off. I suppose it's fair when you consider the fact that Roland has brought in a coach he's already fallen out with at another club...
  • Options

Pronounced bullshit me thinks
    He aint in our network Ffs get a grip

• Options
    edited January 2015
    RedChaser said:

If Luzon can't get TBH/ABA under control we need a pacy defender to partner Gomez. Bring it on. Think we need young enthuseism rather than know-all experience following recent events. Steep learning curve but there are three poor teams eight points adrift.

Steady on mate in addition to your call for 17 year old Mitov to play in goal at Wolves you're now proposing a 17 and 19 year old centre back pairing as half the spine of the team! Someone like Yann or Gestedt would have a field day against them, men against boys. I grant you Bikey has been out of sorts the last few games but by his own inference he's knackered and needs to be rested.

As for TBH, he like the rest of that shower on Saturday was poor but he must be one of the favourites for player of the year given his average score in the players marks thread. Let's not get too carried away with rumour and hear say about what went on with senior players resulting in BP getting the boot. Give youth a chance by all means but we've already seen what happens when too many are thrown in at once without sufficient experience around them. And what about Onyewu we haven't really seen what he can do yet because I'm not going to judge him on bit part sub appearances or an U21 game so let's keep things in perspective eh? :wink:
    Not a judgement on their performance or ability but solely on reports of them upsetting the dressing room leading to our recent abject displays. If true they need to be gone. Prefer Morro types to come in but we are Aldi not Waitrose. Not going to happen.
    Dick Plumb's view on Onyewu for U21s was PONY. We know he is slow and was a donkey in Wendies run in.

If we are going to under-perform at least let's give our assets some experience.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Buyens wants out. His performance against Watford was pathetic, didn't wanna be there. Didn't even bother looking at the fans as he walked off. I suppose it's fair when you consider the fact that Roland has brought in a coach he's already fallen out with at another club...
    That is unfair. I was watching him, he took two steps towards the fans, paused, looked at them and bottled it. Really it was very similar to watching his attempts to tackle all season.
  • Options

That is unfair. I was watching him, he took two steps towards the fans, paused, looked at them and bottled it. Really it was very similar to watching his attempts to tackle all season.
    Really, the early part of the season most people on here myself included was saying how great it was to finally have a cm who is not afraid to put a challenge in
  • Options

Pronounced bullshit me thinks
    He aint in our network Ffs get a grip

Cos Henderson, Bikey, Gudmundsson, Moussa and Vetokele all came from the network
  • Options
    I'm fed up of these network players
  • Options
    edited January 2015

RedChaser said:

Steady on mate in addition to your call for 17 year old Mitov to play in goal at Wolves you're now proposing a 17 and 19 year old centre back pairing as half the spine of the team! Someone like Yann or Gestedt would have a field day against them, men against boys. I grant you Bikey has been out of sorts the last few games but by his own inference he's knackered and needs to be rested.

As for TBH, he like the rest of that shower on Saturday was poor but he must be one of the favourites for player of the year given his average score in the players marks thread. Let's not get too carried away with rumour and hear say about what went on with senior players resulting in BP getting the boot. Give youth a chance by all means but we've already seen what happens when too many are thrown in at once without sufficient experience around them. And what about Onyewu we haven't really seen what he can do yet because I'm not going to judge him on bit part sub appearances or an U21 game so let's keep things in perspective eh? :wink:
    Not a judgement on their performance or ability but solely on reports of them upsetting the dressing room leading to our recent abject displays. If true they need to be gone. Prefer Morro types to come in but we are Aldi not Waitrose. Not going to happen.
    Dick Plumb's view on Onyewu for U21s was PONY. We know he is slow and was a donkey in Wendies run in.

If we are going to under-perform at least let's give our assets some experience.
    So you're writing off Onyewu based on Dick Plumb's 90 minute assessment of him in an under 21 game and I assume you watched all his appearances for Wendies did you? I'll make my own mind up after I have the opportunity to assess him in the first team thanks.

What's the reliable source of these reports that it was Bikey and TBH that were unsettling the dressing room then? All I'm saying is let's not jump to conclusions without the full facts and bin off one of our best performing players/defenders to date and deplete the team of further experience which is a must in the Championship.

Hopefully we can secure our 2nd tier status with time to spare and then is the time to alter the balance of the team towards more youngsters. Similarly if we get marooned at the bottom blood them for the following season by all means. I don't think now is the time to put an over reliance on youth, it is a time for the senior players and I include Sollly, Wiggins, Church, Onyewu in addition to TBH, Bikey and JJ to stand up and be counted.
  • Options

Poorly considered attempts at quick fixes are what sent us down in 2009.

Or was it dressing-room unrest similar to what is rumoured now?
  • Options

Poorly considered attempts at quick fixes are what sent us down in 2009.

Or was it dressing-room unrest similar to what is rumoured now?
    That and poor loan after poor loan.

• Options
    Another foreigner? We want our Charlton back........lets get some bloody Brits in!!!!!!! Sack the board.
  • Options

Velching ?