Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Milos Veljkovic (rumoured loan)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Winner PAULIE
  • Options
    just won the U20 world cup
  • Options

just won the U20 world cup

Ah yes, one of the three Serbians who could not join the U21s in CZ because of this. Forgot about him.

Would be good to have him back, no?

• Options
    Milos has had a fantastic tournament and played Centre back in the final against a
    very skillful Brazil team who left their shooting boots at home except for Pereira
    the Man Utd 19 year old who scored Brazil's goal.
    Milos played defensive midfield in the other games and the Serbian lads fitness was great as 4 of their games went to extra time before scoring late on and without the need of penalties.
  • Options
    I quite liked the little we saw of him, would take him back as a squad player
  • Options
    If his shoulder is now OK then yes he would be a great player for us,very impressed with him.
  • Options

Milos has had a fantastic tournament and played Centre back in the final against a
    very skillful Brazil team who left their shooting boots at home except for Pereira
    the Man Utd 19 year old who scored Brazil's goal.
    Milos played defensive midfield in the other games and the Serbian lads fitness was great as 4 of their games went to extra time before scoring late on and without the need of penalties.

Get him back. Replacement for Gomez when he joins Derby ;-)
  • Options
    I'd take him as a centre back option, given that we have Bikey and Lennon only
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

We can do better than him surely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

wmcf123 said:

Can we? I didn't rate him as a midfielder but we are going to need 3/4 new centre backs
  • Options

wmcf123 said:

Bloody hell, he's just played a starring role in the u20 World Cup winning team. So no, I doubt we can. The question is whether Spurs would let him go anywhere.

• Options
    Didn't he underwhelm whilst here...well, the reports I remember suggested as much?
  • Options
    I saw him play once and didn't look mobile enough for a DM, but I think he could be a very good CB. Surprised people saying we could do better, I think he is very well thought of at Spurs
  • Options
    Would like to see him back. If he is the quality of a "squad player" then we are well sorted.
  • Options

wmcf123 said:

Bloody hell, he's just played a starring role in the u20 World Cup winning team. So no, I doubt we can. The question is whether Spurs would let him go anywhere.

U20 World Cup winner or an experienced CB in their late 20s/early 30s like Bikey and Ben Haim were? Or a good young CB like Morrison or Dervite? He's not yet proven himself at first team level playing week in week out, and is CB even his best position?

At CB surely we'll be looking for someone with more experience than Veljkovic.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

wmcf123 said:

U20 World Cup winner or an experienced CB in their late 20s/early 30s like Bikey and Ben Haim were? Or a good young CB like Morrison or Dervite? He's not yet proven himself at first team level playing week in week out, and is CB even his best position?

Under 20 World Cup winner for me over 30 year old journey man. Anyway, we need more than one so they could bring in someone experienced along side him.
  • Options
    I wouldn't be disappointed if he rejoined us.

Thought he showed a fair amount of promise before his injury cut short the loan.
  • Options
    Katrien said at Bromley that we had already expressed an interest but that Spurs wanted him for pre seasons and that they would make a decision then if they were going to loan him out
  • Options
    Sorry peeps, I'm expecting him and Pritchard to be in the first team squad next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I wouldn't be disappointed if he rejoined us.

Thought he showed a fair amount of promise before his injury cut short the loan.

I thought he looked good as well, and clearly some football intelligence the way he comfortably dropped back to CB when someone like TBH went on one of his runs.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

wmcf123 said:

I was more thinking of defensive centre mid, since I believe it would be foolish to rely on Jacko playing that role the whole season.

But @JohnBoyUK has just answered my last question.

• Options
    Let's get Obika
  • Options
    Let's get Obika too
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Let's get Obika

dizzee said:

Let's get Obika too

Bit eager
  • Options
    Seen him linked with loan moves to Norwich, Swansea or Villa now
  • Options
    He's playing on Sky Sports 1 right now for Spurs U21's if anyone needs their football fix for tonight!
  • Options

He's playing on Sky Sports 1 right now for Spurs U21's if anyone needs their football fix for tonight!

Saves RD from having to send anyone to the game anyway.
  • Options
    Kasey Palmer just scored for Chelsea, was on our books wasn't he?