Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tim Sherwood.

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2016
    cabbles said:

Paul Parker came out and said he should be the interim at Man Utd. Yes Paul, that's just what Man Utd need right now

Haha, has Parker been taking drugs?

Paul Parker - that well know football pundit and former manager of Chelmsford and Welling. Not to mention the dizzy heights of assistant manager at Folkstone Invicta
  • Options
    I read that and assumed I'd woken up in an alternative universe where Paul Parker had become a leading figure in analysis.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Paul Parker came out and said he should be the interim at Man Utd. Yes Paul, that's just what Man Utd need right now

That's because Paul Parker tells it like it is.
  • Options
    Yup we should all listen to Paul Parker after his successful spell as Welling Manager.
  • Options
    The important thing is to get that clown telling it like it is sooner rather than later. I've missed him. On TalkSport Ray Wilkins kept banging on about what a good young manager he is. What is about people in football circles that think he's any good?

I would safely bet a fair few quid that he won't be a successful top flight manager by the time he gets to say 55
  • Options
    Agreed. The guy has no pedigree whatsoever - like a young 'Arry without the transfer acumen
  • Options
    Paul Parker is a summarizer for Thai TV premier league games. He talks a load of bollocks on that too.
  • Options
    Should drop down to League Two an learn to win matches dirty and with grit
  • Options
    cabbles said:

The important thing is to get that clown telling it like it is sooner rather than later. I've missed him. On TalkSport Ray Wilkins kept banging on about what a good young manager he is. What is about people in football circles that think he's any good?

I would safely bet a fair few quid that he won't be a successful top flight manager by the time he gets to say 55

Come on then cabbles, what EXACTLY did dear old Dim Tim do to you then?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

cabbles said:

He just winds me up mate. And then we have to hear what a good young British coach he is. He's a young British coach, but that doesn't mean he's particularly good. We love it over here as soon as there is a relatively young manager, automatically must be good.

I remember the crap surrounding Appleton when he was in charge at Pompey during their turbulent financial troubles and their drop down the leagues. Everyone was saying what a great job he was doing, just because he was in charge of a team struggling behind the scenes. He wasn't particularly good given how his career has transpired. It's this constant thing we do in this country where if someone is young in their field, they must be the next big thing.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I read the posts on this thread and thought "Come on now, we're all being a bit harsh on ol' Timo, let's take a look at those results again and see how badly he really did."

Then I looked again at the results at the start of the season and saw how badly he really did.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Sherwood got a good rep initially because he did pretty well with Tottenham and then Levy moved him on. Many pundits and people in the press felt he was harshly treated, and perhaps that's true, but clearly he was managing a VERY good side anyway and you would expect them to do well. The Aston Villa job didn't really show us if he is a decent manager either due to the mismanagement of the club as a whole.

It will be interesting to see where he turns up next. I wonder if his ego will allow him to drop down a division, but it would take a brave Premier League side to appoint him because he has no real track record to speak of.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Off_it said:

cabbles said:

He just winds me up mate. And then we have to hear what a good young British coach he is. He's a young British coach, but that doesn't mean he's particularly good. We love it over here as soon as there is a relatively young manager, automatically must be good.

I remember the crap surrounding Appleton when he was in charge at Pompey during their turbulent financial troubles and their drop down the leagues. Everyone was saying what a great job he was doing, just because he was in charge of a team struggling behind the scenes. He wasn't particularly good given how his career has transpired. It's this constant thing we do in this country where if someone is young in their field, they must be the next big thing.

Fair play. I heard someone talking football on TV the other day and thought, who's that? When I looked up I saw it was Tim Sherwood and my first thought - no word of a lie - was, "I wonder if cabbles is watching this!

• Options
    cabbles said:

Wilkins was his assistant at Villa and with Wilkins being a former United player he perhaps thought that if this mad job came off there may be something in it for him!
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Off_it said:

cabbles said:

I know you're quite passionate about Tim's credentials mate, but there is no need to bring Appleton's good name into this. Particularly daring with the excellent rep he enjoys on this site.
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

cabbles said:

Off_it said:

cabbles said:

I know you're quite passionate about Tim's credentials mate, but there is no need to bring Appleton's good name into this. Particularly daring with the excellent rep he enjoys on this site.
    Haha - get the photo out. That photo and the "It's happening" GIF are two of the most overused things on this site, but I still like it when someone posts them.
  • Options
    "Tim Sherwood says he wasn't in the fucking dugout you fucking mug"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tantrum Tim.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
  • Options
    The ref must've struggled to keep a straight face. Dealing with a man whose most memorable moment in football management is melodramatically slapping himself on the chin.
  • Options
    God I love that man. Would'ya? Oh yes please!
  • Options
    2 matches seems lenient.

If it was a player he would have got 3 games so you expect a manager to receive a harsher punishment.
  • Options

• Options

Always thought it was my adonis looks, intellect and sense of humour that made me so attractive to women but, clearly, it must be my endless list of expletives!
  • Options
    The man's an absolute tool and, save for his "supply teacher" spell at Spurs (as he put it), is turning into someone who will guarantee relegation.
  • Options

Bit sexist... :wink: