Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tim Sherwood.

Comments

• Options
    Big_Bob said:

Sherwood sacked by Xmas

Big Bob tells it like it is.
  • Options
    Sherwood on Saturday was already into damage limitation mode, trying to lower expectations with "our team is young and inexperienced and will struggle" type comments!
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Cringeworthy. So out of his depth bless him.
  • Options
    TalkSport saying today he's under a bit of pressure. I think they were leading from the article in the mail that he has up until the next Intl break to turn it around.....

Not surprised. Yes they pointed out that some of the summer signings were by their director of recruitment or whatever, but he must have known that prior to agreeing to manage them. He'll be resurfacing at Fulham this time next year I reckon. He'll get a stab at a decent sized championship team, screw that up and then that'll be it for him. Back to coaching
  • Options
    Haha. Good article. Striker horse whisperer, comedy gold
  • Options
    The Currant Bun linking Rodgers with the Villa job, whilst the Daily Fail links David Moyes.

Next 4 - Away to Chelsea, home to Swansea, away to Spurs, home to Man City. I reckon a defeat to Swansea will finish him, although they might let Spurs and Man City put the final nails in. Definitely a new manager in place for the home game against Watford on 28 November.
  • Options
    The article is brilliant. Basically anyone I've ever heard talk about him that's had good things to say follows it up with the usual 'he tells it like it is/talks straight' bollocks. This doesn't make you a good manager. Anyone that has ever described themselves as a straight talker or someone who's not afraid to pull their punches has been someone usually quite difficult and someone who actually just pisses people off.

You can still be direct with people and have diplomacy. You don't need to wear a badge telling everyone you won't hold back when letting them know your thoughts. I believe this tag, plus the fact he's not a good manager will ultimately be the reason he'll get one more job after Villa and we won't see Tim in management from 2017 onwards
  • Options
    I'm not surprised he has done poorly. He has been handed 2 Premiership managerial roles serving zero time in gaining experience in being a manager.

Only in football...
  • Options
    he's our occasional gardener, does a decent job with the hedgerows
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talksport also said Southend manager Phil Brown could be offered a coaching role/assistant at Sunderland.
    Can't help thinking that the Southend gig would be perfect for someone like Sherwood. The fella needs to learn the management game. He'd probably disagree!
  • Options

Talksport also said Southend manager Phil Brown could be offered a coaching role/assistant at Sunderland.
    Can't help thinking that the Southend gig would be perfect for someone like Sherwood. The fella needs to learn the management game. He'd probably disagree!

Good point. He was coach at Spurs for quite a while, but why not do what Gary Rowett and Hasselbaink have both done and prove themselves at a lower league club. I don't mean join Burton Albion though when I say that. Give him Yeovil or Dagenham & Redbridge
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    The bloke is an absolute chancer. I've worked with loads of people like him in the past. Attempting to disguise their lack of knowledge to do a job behind shouting, bravado and bullshit. Reminds me of Pardew so much it's not funny
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Good point. He was coach at Spurs for quite a while, but why not do what Gary Rowett and Hasselbaink have both done and prove themselves at a lower league club. I don't mean join Burton Albion though when I say that. Give him Yeovil or Dagenham & Redbridge
    What you got against Yeovil and Dagenham to inflict Sherwood on them?
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34541803

I've picked out some really good insight from it to save you time.

"If he does become the next Premier League manager to lose his job, it would not just be unfair, it would be absolutely ridiculous."

Not really Chris. They've lost 6 on the spin or something. Rogers is available and maybe, just maybe the players don't buy into the gun slinger's philosophy. What if they kept the gunslinger, and everything continued as it was, they kept on losing. Do you see him turning it round?

"Of course I am not just backing him to succeed at Villa because I used to play with him - the reason is that, since the earliest days of my career, I have always seen him as manager material."

I think you are just backing him to succeed because you played with him. How do you know he's management material having never been 'managed' by him, or having 'managed' yourself.

'It's OK to be cocky as long as you make sense'

Is it making sense. The gunslinger has started to refer to himself in the 3rd person and looks starved of sleep. At the moment he looks more like he could manage a crew of zombies in the walking dead rather than a prem football team.

"So it does not surprise me that, as a manager, he has got the best out of players who had been under-performing - like Emmanuel Adebayor at Spurs or Christian Benteke and Fabian Delph at Villa last season - because he has always had the ability to get people playing for him."

This is an argument wearing thin. Adebayor is a leech on the game. Yes he may have got Adebayor to have a decent spell over half a season, however Pottechino who has come in and is slowly getting Spurs into a bit more shape has recognised Adebayor is a waste of space and terminated his contract. Which manager do you rate more and whose decision would back re: Adebayor. I also guarantee that had Sherwood and Adebayor stayed at Spurs longer than half a season together then it would've deteriorated.

"At times he might say things that players don't like - because he tells the truth. That ruffles a few feathers but I don't mind it, in fact he should be commended for it."

Ah yes, my favourite thing people reference when they talk about Tim. Glad you and the 1000s of other people that rate Sherwood always use this as a reference point. Him 'telling it like it is' is far more important than results.

"but the logical thing to do is to give Sherwood more time because he is an intelligent man who has already shown he can improve players - which is exactly what Villa need now."

The only thing that giving him more time will achieve is me getting to rant more on this thread. Is that what you want Chris?

"Sherwood has chopped and changed his team and formation a lot so far, but that is only because he is trying to find the right balance between attack and defence while he beds those new signings in and finds a system that works with the players he has got."

That's actually because he doesn't know what he's doing.

• Options
    Maybe Tim should tell it like it is and say 'I'm a shit manager'.
  • Options
    All Sherwood seems to talk about is "fronting up" and "taking responsibility", and emotion and being bloody-minded. He hasn't said anything about tactics or approach, he never refers to why things might be going wrong. It's all about "Hey I'm here, I'm standing in the rectangle taking the brunt of it!"

If I was a Villa fan, i'd be worried that he doesn't have any insight whatsoever into how their games are going.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

The Currant Bun linking Rodgers with the Villa job, whilst the Daily Fail links David Moyes.

Next 4 - Away to Chelsea, home to Swansea, away to Spurs, home to Man City. I reckon a defeat to Swansea will finish him, although they might let Spurs and Man City put the final nails in. Definitely a new manager in place for the home game against Watford on 28 November.

I hope Moyes stays abroad. I also think Villa will suck most managers dry, and it'd be a shame for Rodgers to go so far downhill.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I saw a quote in the Standard this week, maybe last night, where Tim Sherwood was talking about himself using the third person again. Will see if I can find it, just for you cabbles!
  • Options
    I've put villa down for an absolute shoeing in my last few predictions. Not sure if it will be Chelsea today,but its coming.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:

I saw a quote in the Standard this week, maybe last night, where Tim Sherwood was talking about himself using the third person again. Will see if I can find it, just for you cables!

I just liked this @Off_it and then took it back because as we all know, it's two b's, not one
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    We all know it's two b's. Off_it knew it was two b's. Off_it meant to type two b's. But we all know Off_it is a fool.

Off_it knows Off_it is a fool
  • Options
    Off_it said:

We all know it's two b's. Off_it knew it was two b's. Off_it meat to type two b's. But we all know Off_it is a fool.

Off_it tells it like it is
  • Options
    Off_it said:

We all know it's two b's. Off_it knew it was two b's. Off_it meat to type two b's. But we all know Off_it is a fool.

I've just liked it again because of this
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I'm guessing it's just me but for some reason I can't help but imagine him naked at this point.....
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Leuth said:

I'm guessing it's just me but for some reason I can't help but imagine him naked at this point.....
    Wishful thinking? (;
  • Options

Leuth said:

Wishful thinking? (;
    I've always thought he was a bit cocky
  • Options
    Will be Luzon's replacement.
  • Options

Will be Luzon's replacement.

"I tell it like, er, Roly tells me how it is"
  • Options
    Paul Parker came out and said he should be the interim at Man Utd. Yes Paul, that's just what Man Utd need right now