Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Morgan Fox

Comments

• Morgan did ok. FFS he's a youngster learning his trade. You have to accept that if you play the 'kids' they are going to be inconsistant, have bad games etc etc but they will learn from it and become better players for it. Give him a break.
  • iaitch said:

He wasn't great but we already know he's not going to be our best full back, and he probably won't be round for long with Wiggins and the emergence of another exciting prospect in the same position. He does well at filling in and that's all he does, a stop gap.

Worst full back performance? Please tell me you remember Kerkar playing there?

Holmes-Dennis is just an exciting prospect at the moment, who knows how he will develop, he's getting good reviews at League 2 level but can he step up, only time will tell.

Maybe Fox will come on for the experience he's getting, let's wait and see before hounding him out the club.
    I'm not hounding him out, and I do hope he comes good! I'm just saying in my opinion I'm not sure he'll be around for long, he looks a bit like Basey.... BUT I hope he proves me wrong and I'll always cheer him and the team on.
  • Hamer

Not saying you were, it's just that some players seem to be the whipping boys and other can be excused anything.

• Fox is hardly a whipping boy but for me he lacks enough pace to be a top half championship full back. That won't change nomatter how many games he plays. I'm confident he will do a decent enough job whenever asked but he is not IMHO the future of left back even as cover.
  • edited November 2014
    Sorry Greenie. I'm not sure what/who you were watching, but I agree with everyone else.
    Fox made one bad error, which resulted in Bikey getting booked. But other than that, he was fine.
    A reasonable, average performance, pretty much like all the others.
  • How can people say he was defensively sound? He was beaten time and time again by his man and failed to cut out a number of crosses. That's basic full back defending, don't let the winger get the cross in. Going forward he offers nothing.
    I think as a group of fans we wish nothing more than our academy products to be successful, I'm in that group, but some of you guys seem blind to the fact that some aren't good enough. Fox and Piggott to name two.
  • Prefer Megan Fox but Morgan is doing a job, have a feeling he will get better and better the more he plays, didn't do to much wrong against them dirty horrible burberry wearing , onion shaped head fcukwits but in saying that Millwall were the worst team to visit the valley this season.
  • I am sure someone on here posted he has an excellent attitude and when one of the coaches was thinking of releasing him he redoubled his efforts. If I am right he will at least have the satisfaction of knowing he will play at the highest level his talent allows. For me, his pace holds him back and I would expect lower Champ/League1 to be his level but on a tight budget he is a decent stand in for us and always gives his best.
  • It was in the programme a couple of years ago. He was around halfway through his final season as an u18 and asked Paul Hart if he'd get a pro contract. He said at that point no, but by the end of the season he impressed enough to be offered a deal.
  • As the last two posters have said, he has worked very hard at his game and deserves credit. He is a bit slow on the turn, which I am sure he realises, and explains why you won't see him getting tight on the winger. One strength of his game is that he hits a good curling cross from deep positions, which he used to do regularly for the U18's and U-21's, don't ask me why he hasn't been doing it for the first team, but I hope he shows that he can. I also get the impression that he's tough enough mentally not to be bothered by some of the critical stuff. As the song says, it's not just what you're born with, it's what you do with what you've got.
  • Sponsored links:

• As the last two posters have said, he has worked very hard at his game and deserves credit. He is a bit slow on the turn, which I am sure he realises, and explains why you won't see him getting tight on the winger. One strength of his game is that he hits a good curling cross from deep positions, which he used to do regularly for the U18's and U-21's, don't ask me why he hasn't been doing it for the first team, but I hope he shows that he can. I also get the impression that he's tough enough mentally not to be bothered by some of the critical stuff. As the song says, it's not just what you're born with, it's what you do with what you've got.

He put in some great crosses vs Fulham.
  • Some players immediately impress you with their class, while others do a job and will make a career in football, but not at the level we want to be at.

To me Fox looks more of a Sturgess or Basey than a Solly or Jenkinson, but I'll be happy to be proven wrong.
  • Another solid performance from him today.
  • He's far from good enough.. anyone backing him up has got their blinkers on and I think big Bob is just hoping he'll improve and settle in. It's not just the errors it's the amount of times he's caught wanting elsewhere in the pitch, doesn't know when to go forward. Would go League One for a bit maybe even League Two, then see how he performs and re-assess.
  • How did he look on the telly ?
  • PUT YOUR FOOT THROUGH IT
  • Fox is hardly a whipping boy but for me he lacks enough pace to be a top half championship full back. That won't change nomatter how many games he plays. I'm confident he will do a decent enough job whenever asked but he is not IMHO the future of left back even as cover.

This
  • masicat said:

How did he look on the telly ?

Pretty average in defence, and looked like he had no idea what to do when going forward.

• Sponsored links:

• Going to avoid this thread for the next few days but he made the mistake that cost us the game unfortunately.
  • It doesn't matter though, cos he came through our academy. Bollocks. Fuck him off

Good old constructive criticism.

The lad should have cleared it further up the pitch, but let's have a bit of perspective here. I thought he was ok again but if people want to hammer him then fine. It's not going to help.
  • how many good chances did we miss ? twice Igor miscontroled a ball when he could have been clean through---which might have WON us the game but slag off a kid for a f--k up which lost us 1 point---twats

It's a bit easier to put your foot through a ball than it is to control a fast paced ball and THEN beat the keeper, pal. I don't agree with using Fox as a scapegoat, but I do agree that he's not good enough - some people don't view that as an option. Mistake or not I didn't like his performance, personally.
  • how many good chances did we miss ? twice Igor miscontroled a ball when he could have been clean through---which might have WON us the game but slag off a kid for a f--k up which lost us 1 point---twats

Agree 100%

It's a bit easier to put your foot through a ball than it is to control a fast paced ball and THEN beat the keeper, pal. I don't agree with using Fox as a scapegoat, but I do agree that he's not good enough - some people don't view that as an option. Mistake or not I didn't like his performance, personally.
    Agree. Whether we had scored early on or not. Fox shouldn't be making such basic mistakes like that. Winds me up that because he's an academy player it's as if any mistake he's made is instantly forgiven, yet people slag George off at will, yet he's never cost us a game, has he?
  • Only last week