Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tareiq Holmes Dennis on loan to Oxford

Ketts of the Dr Kish site seems to think he is on the move on loan to the Kassam. Good news in my view.

http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201410&date=20141015&time=2005

Comments

• Options
    Good move if true.
  • Options
    Very good news if the youngster is ready for a loan move at his age... 18-years old yet?
  • Options
    Almost 19 I believe.
  • Options
    The curse of the updated squad list again strikes again.

As soon as it goes up a player moves in or out.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Can you update it every day please Henners, then by the law of averages we might eventually get a target man in. :-) Back on topic, good move for the lad.
  • Options
    I thought he was one of the stand out players in the youth cup game v Chelsea early last year. I think he'll do well in League 2, wouldn't be surprised to see him make him involved here in the first team at some point this season. Will probably need him back if Wiggins or Fox get injured.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

I thought he was one of the stand out players in the youth cup game v Chelsea early last year. I think he'll do well in League 2, wouldn't be surprised to see him make him involved here in the first team at some point this season. Will probably need him back if Wiggins or Fox get injured.

And he looked good on Monday at the Valley Scoham, along with a few others.
    Hope we have the lad's signed up?
  • Options
    when watching the u18s it was always him and gomez who stood out. Hope he comes back ready to challenge for that first team spot!
  • Options

Scoham said:

And he looked good on Monday at the Valley Scoham, along with a few others.
    Hope we have the lad's signed up?
    On a contract until summer of 2016

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20131018-holmes-dennis-signs-new-contract-1120718.aspx
  • Options
    Good experience for the youngster if he goes there. Oxford in the bottom 2 at present so may not enjoy the management skills of Appleton for long.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My Oxford mate says Appleton is trying (unsuccessfully) to instill a passing game, which is risky at div 4 level as most players are uncomfortable and not suited to this. However, such a philosophy will suit THD.

He is a great prospect and along with Thomas are the next future first team players.
  • Options
    On loan to Oxford until November 15th
  • Options
    good move. our younger players need this experience and to get games under their belts.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Surprised that an Appleton picture hasn't been posted yet, oh wait...
  • Options

shirty5 said:

Good experience for the youngster if he goes there. Oxford in the bottom 2 at present so may not enjoy the management skills of Appleton for long.

Is that picture of Appleton the single most posted picture on CL in its history?
  • Options
    Always good to see the development boys go out and get league experience.
  • Options

shirty5 said:

Is that picture of Appleton the single most posted picture on CL in its history?

It's certainly been feckin' done to death..............
  • Options
    Even a blind person could see what's going on here. I hope that I can survive long enough to see Bob's Young Bucks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Year below me at my old school, good move for him.
  • Options
    He thought he was up for a degree...he was looking forward to getting a floppy fringe and a bit of punting...
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    getting confused with him and Ahearne - Grant !! .. Cambridge with a cameo from Lennon beat Oxford 5-1 at the weekend !!
  • Options

odd decision .. he came on, albeit at the very end at Norwich .. Church has just been injured .. we are short of strikers .. Oxford are seriously struggling, Cambridge did them 5-1 at the weekend with a cameo role from Lennon .. we could do a swap for Kwesi Appiah .. will this do the lad any good in the longer term ?

Your thinking of Karlan Aherne-Grant... Tarieq Holmes-Dennis hasnt appeared for the first team yet

(Dont worry there are too many hyphenated and triple word names in our Squad these days so its easy to get them mixed up)
  • Options

odd decision .. he came on, albeit at the very end at Norwich .. Church has just been injured .. we are short of strikers .. Oxford are seriously struggling, Cambridge did them 5-1 at the weekend with a cameo role from Lennon .. we could do a swap for Kwesi Appiah .. will this do the lad any good in the longer term ?

Your thinking of Karlan Aherne-Grant... Tarieq Holmes-Dennis hasnt appeared for the first team yet

(Dont worry there are too many hyphenated and triple word names in our Squad these days so its easy to get them mixed up)
    lol .. I changed the post .. too late for the on the ball eagle eyed you .. ((:>) .. I am sitting here blushing
  • Options
    In the starting line up today
  • Options
    Played the full game as they won their crucial match against Tranmere 2-0 . Encouraging to see that Jason Euell tweeted to say he was there.
  • Options

From an Oxford forum...
    "That is a quality performance not just for ur first game at a new club. But first professional game for any club. Good in the air. Great tackling and going forward."

Link if anyone's interested:

http://yellowsforum.co.uk/thread/19309/tareiq-holmes-dennis?page=2

First page many were questioning why they had signed him as they already had a couple of players that could cover left back. A few others have since said he played very well.