Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Gomez (ed. ongoing progress)

Comments

• Options
    Mustard again...
  • Options
    saw him today at Leicester .. he's Bobby Moore like .. he, Coady of Wolves and Maguire would be a terrific back 3 for England .. all read the game so well, are comfy on the ball and are not scared to get stuck in when necessary
  • Options
    Just needs to stay injury free for a decent period of time. Knowing his luck he'll get injured on international duty next week
  • Options

saw him today at Leicester .. he's Bobby Moore like .. he, Coady of Wolves and Maguire would be a terrific back 3 for England .. all read the game so well, are comfy on the ball and are not scared to get stuck in when necessary

Coady was at Liverpool I believe. Haven’t seen much of him but Stones Maguire and Gomez have the potential to be a top draw back 3.
  • Options
    Joe's just been given a full-on Martin Keown praise segment on MoTD.

Joe Gomez = The Mutt's Nuts
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    #madeincharlton
  • Options
    Very assured on and off the ball
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45543022 and scroll down Garth Crooks' appraisal of Gomez. Reckons a future England captain!
  • Options

Joe had a great game tonight in The Champions League alongside Van Dyke. Looking so confident and calm.

Playing regularly for Liverpool. Up against Mbappe and Neymar tonight, that's doing it at the highest level.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watched down my pub. 3 games on different screens. Decent perforomances from Gomez, Konsa and Ajayi, with Michael Smith making a nuisance of himself in the Championship also.
  • Options

Watched down my pub. 3 games on different screens. Decent perforomances from Gomez, Konsa and Ajayi, with Michael Smith making a nuisance of himself in the Championship also.

Katrien would be proud her plan is coming together
  • Options

Coady was at Liverpool I believe. Haven’t seen much of him but Stones Maguire and Gomez have the potential to be a top draw back 3.
    I don’t get Maguire . Useful old school stopper and ok on the ball, but painfully slow.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

I don’t get Maguire . Useful old school stopper and ok on the ball, but painfully slow.
    He always reminds me of good ole Stevie Brown ... 'cept he's not as good, obviously.
  • Options
    I think Steve Brown would seriously have been up there with the best but for a yard or 2 of pace ..one of my favourites ever and of course Gomex wouldnt compare as a goalkeeper
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Just made an absurd goal line clearance to keep it 0-0.
  • Options
    Its harsh on Maguire yet Stones and Gomez could be our England partnership for years!!

• Options
    He's come on so much this year. While Liverpool strikers are probably only performing at 75% of last years level, the trio of Alisson Gomez and Van Dyke have made Liverpool a totally different side this year. Not sure if there is a better CH in England than Gomez at the moment.
  • Options
    redman said:

He's come on so much this year. While Liverpool strikers are probably only performing at 75% of last years level, the trio of Alisson Gomez and Van Dyke have made Liverpool a totally different side this year. Not sure if there is a better CH in England than Gomez at the moment.

One could argue VVD as slighty ahead of him
  • Options

redman said:

One could argue VVD as slighty ahead of him
    Are you suggesting Joe is Mary Poppins to Virgil?