Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Press Day Today (24th Aug, page 31)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2014
    'Away tirps are never easy' and 'it's difficult having three away games in a row'' = dampening down expectation? Apart from stating the obvious.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Days before the transfer window closes slams shut and no reported questions about transfers?

Maybe all the journos were over at Palace meeting Warnock and Zaha.
  • Options
    Being the politician again. Stating the bleedin' obvious and saying nothing of importance.
  • Options

Days before the transfer window closes slams shut and no reported questions about transfers?

Maybe all the journos were over at Palace meeting Warnock and Zaha.

Looking at the video, someone asked him about new players
  • Options
    i wish theses were streamed on the player LIVE! that would be cool.
  • Options
    No mention of the weekly Presser today ?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

No mention of the weekly Presser today ?

no game no presser
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    No game Saturday.
  • Options
    of course
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Press Day today or not ?
  • Options
    Do they not twitter this out anymore (anyone know) ?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Do they not twitter this out anymore (anyone know) ?

Been wondering the same... Maybe keep an eye on the News Shopper see if anything gets posted on there this afternoon
  • Options
    They are so pointless even the club has given up on them
  • Options

Pressday Live: Bob Peeters speaks to the media before Fulham trip
    Iain Liddle reports

BOB PEETERS PRE-FULHAM

"We had a good chat on Monday with the boys about the way things have been going and what they would like to in training."

"We bounced with three points."

"I knew it was going to be a tough game against Bolton and we were without Vetokele, Gudmundsson and Solly."

"I would like to see us push higher, but players make decisions and when you get results they have done well."

"It is important if we bring in players they must be of good quality."

"I had a good dinner with the owner on Monday and we discussed everything about Charlton."

"He [the owner] knows what we want and I think he can provide it."

"Kit Symons rested four or five players on Tuesday so he means business tomorrow."

"I can't rest any players as our bench on Tuesday was an U21 bench apart from Michael Morrison."

"Igor Vetokele will not be involved on Friday. He is getting better with his Achilles but we will not risk him."

"George Tucudean was given a boost by his goal and assist on Tuesday. I thought he did well."

"Everybody came well out of training on Thursday so we will now pick the team for tomorrow."

"We only have 18 or 19 players and I discussed this with the chairman."

"We don't want too many players, but you want to have a squad of about 20 quality players."

"Yoni Buyens will not be available for the game at Fulham as he is suspended after picking up his fifth booking."

See full reaction to Bob Peeters' press conference on www.cafc.co.uk on Thursday afternoon.

by Charlton Athletic 12:27 PM
  • Options
    If he had dinner with RD on Monday evening, who was then at the game Tuesday, can you imagine BP's relief / joy at winning !
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Pressday Live: Bob Peeters speaks to the media before Fulham trip
    Iain Liddle reports

BOB PEETERS PRE-FULHAM

"We had a good chat on Monday with the boys about the way things have been going and what they would like to in training."

"We bounced with three points."

"I knew it was going to be a tough game against Bolton and we were without Vetokele, Gudmundsson and Solly."

"I would like to see us push higher, but players make decisions and when you get results they have done well."

"It is important if we bring in players they must be of good quality."

"I had a good dinner with the owner on Monday and we discussed everything about Charlton."

"He [the owner] knows what we want and I think he can provide it."

"Kit Symons rested four or five players on Tuesday so he means business tomorrow."

"I can't rest any players as our bench on Tuesday was an U21 bench apart from Michael Morrison."

"Igor Vetokele will not be involved on Friday. He is getting better with his Achilles but we will not risk him."

"George Tucudean was given a boost by his goal and assist on Tuesday. I thought he did well."

"Everybody came well out of training on Thursday so we will now pick the team for tomorrow."

"We only have 18 or 19 players and I discussed this with the chairman."

"We don't want too many players, but you want to have a squad of about 20 quality players."

"Yoni Buyens will not be available for the game at Fulham as he is suspended after picking up his fifth booking."

See full reaction to Bob Peeters' press conference on www.cafc.co.uk on Thursday afternoon.

by Charlton Athletic 12:27 PM

good summary PL54
  • Options

In the long term, inviting the pressure will catch up with us.

Bob seems to get away with it more than the last two coaches,
    but they did not have Bikey and TBH.

The points total is amazing but the team won't be Embraced until we can win by not doing an impression of
    Davey Crockett and the boys at the Alamo. (acceptable at Norwich, but at home to brum and Bolton ????)

The stats show that we are very good defensively, but it's no good for the fans health to concede 119 corners in 13 matches and for me to keep yelling "away" at the top of my voice. (111 times, not at Udders)

I hope we are a work in progress, and this can be improved on the training ground.

• Options

In the long term, inviting the pressure will catch up with us.

Bob seems to get away with it more than the last two coaches,
    but they did not have Bikey and TBH.

The points total is amazing but the team won't be Embraced until we can win by not doing an impression of
    Davey Crockett and the boys at the Alamo. (acceptable at Norwich, but at home to brum and Bolton ????)

The stats show that we are very good defensively, but it's no good for the fans health to concede 119 corners in 13 matches and for me to keep yelling "away" at the top of my voice. (111 times, not at Udders)

I hope we are a work in progress, and this can be improved on the training ground.

"it is important if we bring in players that they are of the right quality... the owner knows what we want and I think he can provide it"

Everyone watches the same games and everyone knows the FAPL is worth £65m per year for finishing bottom.

If we can beat Bolton without Vetokele, Gudmundsson and Solly then I don't really rate Sheffield Wednesday chances in a week or so!

I can live with the uncertainty after seven years of rubbish (with one league 1 title winning season)

Not saying we have to get promoted this season but it sounds to me like there are solid proposals to keep adding to the squad.

• Options
    Bob Peeters faces the press ahead of Millwall home game

BP: Charlton were in the Premier League when I was at Millwall so we didn't play each other.

BP: All over the world derbies are big games and the players know what to expect on Saturday.

BP: It is not about me. I just pick the team and behave as normal.

BP: The atmosphere will change the game a bit, but it is all about us. We need to keep doing what we have done for the first 17 games.

BP: I have not seen Millwall live, but have watched plenty of DVDs and know it will be a tough game.

BP: I am not interested in stats and previous records against teams.

BP: We haven't beaten Millwall in however many years, but we hadn't won at Reading since 1981 and we went and did that.

BP: I try to enjoy any game. There are always nerves, but it is enjoyable and we know what to do and what not to do.

BP: Igor Vetokele is still struggling with his calf.

BP: We will assess on Igor on Friday to see if he can play on Saturday.

BP: In general, we have a lot of players to choose from.

BP: Frederic Bulot is in Paris, but will be back in London on Thursday afternoon.

BP: We will assess Bulot on Friday morning and see if he can play a part.

BP: Millwall is in my past and I am focused on my future and my present.

Full reaction from Bob Peeters' press conference to follow on www.cafc.co.uk on Thursday morning.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

That's us done then. :(
  • Options

BP: Charlton were in the Premier League when I was at Millwall so we didn't play each other.

BP: All over the world derbies are big games and the players know what to expect on Saturday.

BP: It is not about me. I just pick the team and behave as normal.

BP: The atmosphere will change the game a bit, but it is all about us. We need to keep doing what we have done for the first 17 games.

BP: I have not seen Millwall live, but have watched plenty of DVDs and know it will be a tough game.

BP: I am not interested in stats and previous records against teams.

BP: We haven't beaten Millwall in however many years, but we hadn't won at Reading since 1981 and we went and did that.

BP: I try to enjoy any game. There are always nerves, but it is enjoyable and we know what to do and what not to do.

BP: We will assess on Igor on Friday to see if he can play on Saturday.

BP: In general, we have a lot of players to choose from.

BP: Frederic Bulot is in Paris, but will be back in London on Thursday afternoon.

BP: We will assess Bulot on Friday morning and see if he can play a part.

BP: Millwall is in my past and I am focused on my future and my present.

Full reaction from Bob Peeters' press conference to follow on www.cafc.co.uk on Thursday morning.

This is absolutely crucial. We will need this man. Without him, we will struggle to score
  • Options

And that's that before we've even kicked a ball, bloody brilliant!
  • Options
    Igor out, it will be a repeat of last season. Toothless up top, and they'll nick a goal.
  • Options
    I thought it was his achilles? Why cant his injuries just heal. He hasn't played for 2 weeks.

Panic!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Igor will be fine.

Those who were at Bromley Addicks know that.
  • Options

Igor will be fine.

Those who were at Bromley Addicks know that.

Please be right..
  • Options
    Mind games.
  • Options
    zzzzzzzzzz