Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Press Day Today (24th Aug, page 31)

Comments

• Options
    It obviously helps that we're winning, but I've liked hearing what Bob has to say so far. Allowing for the occasional bit of muddled English that comes from it being his second (or third?) language, he's a plain speaker and I get the impression he is being as honest and open as any football manager ever is. He knows what he wants and seems to have set high standards, but is also realistic about the speed with which we can/need to reach those standards.

It's far from the be-all-and-end-all, but it feels like he fits in with the Charlton way of doing things and despite his not completely fluent English (although it very far from bad) he certainly makes a whole lot more sense than Pardew or Dowie ever did in their pressers.
  • Options
    I think we are always thankful for Fanny here on CL...
  • Options
    There's another thing I like about BP.

He seems to be very hard to please. Describing our football as "garbage", after a 4-0 win is a case in point.

I got the impression it was all a bit too chummy when CP was in charge.

Footballers seem to be a bit like kids. They need a good telling off now and then!
  • Options
    He does it selectively though. I noticed at the wigan game that several players received constant instruction but the likes of TBH and Solly were left to get on with it.

On Tuesday he was also quick to applaud Pope's decisions even when the execution was less than spot on.
  • Options
    Thanks for the updates @‌PL54

I'm also yet to disagree with anything Bob has said, I've valued everything he has said since the Reza situation, that was when I knew he meant business and wasn't to be messed around with.
  • Options
    Anyone ask why he did not square up to McClaren after the game on Tuesday, I am sure it is a tradition now!
  • Options

I think we are always thankful for Fanny here on CL...

Hmm, that's given me a worryingly "warm" feeling, soapy....

• Options
    Kap10 said:

Anyone ask why he did not square up to McClaren after the game on Tuesday, I am sure it is a tradition now!

because it would have ended like that ^
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see how he will come across if we aren't performing well, or are on a dip in form.

Really like what he is saying and think the results and performances are showing the players react well to it aswell.
  • Options
    Change for the better eh.....

Who'da thought it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

There's another thing I like about BP.

He seems to be very hard to please. Describing our football as "garbage", after a 4-0 win is a case in point.

I got the impression it was all a bit too chummy when CP was in charge.

Footballers seem to be a bit like kids. They need a good telling off now and then!

I think one of the Belgian posters said garbage was a word used for poor first touches, bad passes etc, as in "there was garbage in our game", rather him than calling a comfortable 4-0 win garbage.
  • Options
    Bob strikes me as a passionate guy, who hates losing, I'd hate to be on his wrong side, I bet he goes mental.
  • Options

Bob strikes me as a passionate guy, who hates losing, I'd hate to be on his wrong side, I bet he goes mental.

Just ask Uwe Rosler...............
  • Options

Charlton Athletic FC@CAFCofficial · 47m

PRESSDAY: Bob Peeters will be talking to the press at around 1pm, ahead of Saturday's trip to @OfficialBHAFC #cafc
  • Options

Charlton Athletic FC@CAFCofficial · 27s

Bob Peeters has arrived for his pre-Brighton presser. Quotes to follow.... #cafc

Tardy in my opinion
  • Options

Charlton Athletic FC@CAFCofficial · 11s

BP: Six games in, it looks promising. Derby was a tough game but players came in and showed me I can rely on them #cafc
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Charlton Athletic FC@CAFCofficial · 27s

Bob Peeters has arrived for his pre-Brighton presser. Quotes to follow.... #cafc

Tardy in my opinion

Perhaps he's been waiting for Simon Church to score in training?
    #
  • Options

Charlton Athletic FC@CAFCofficial · 37s

BP: Every player who played on Tuesday is in my thoughts for Saturday. #cafc
  • Options

Charlton Athletic FC@CAFCofficial · 10s

BP: I'm looking forward to visiting Brighton but away trips are never easy #cafc
  • Options

Charlton Athletic FC@CAFCofficial · 5s

BP: It's difficult having three away games in a row but hopefully we can get something out of it. #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think he's fallen asleep
  • Options

Charlton Athletic FC@CAFCofficial · 8s

BP: Henderson trained today. Has a chance for Brighton. No other injury concerns. #cafc
  • Options
    Wow, if he is answering questions from the press, they must be asking some really interesting questions
  • Options

Charlton Athletic FC@CAFCofficial · 12s

That concludes this week's presser. Reaction to follow on http://cafc.co.uk #cafc
  • Options
    10 minutes all in - is there a point ?
  • Options
    Cool... Answers the Question about Stephen Henderson's fitness for us at least
  • Options

Does it? Is he fit to play or not, just said training
  • Options
    Unbelievable, whats the point of these press days?

Say the same rubbish each week. May as well ask me the questions, save bobs time
  • Options

yep. same answer that he gave last Thursday
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Not a single funny quote there. Poor from Bob.