Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    Bloody hell. Fair play to Turning Gold. Definitely looked back to his best.
  • Options
    No worries... Straight from the stables, nearly topped up large in running and bottled it, but paid for the beers for a couple of weeks :)
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Using some of my profit on Light the Lights in the 5.25 at Meydan. Each way bet at 10/1. Been running in better company on turf and he might like the new surface. He equally could hate it and be shite.
  • Options
    Not a tip, but fancy Dancing Jo in 1.10 at Lingfield
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    2.50 Sedgefield - based on my cricketing exploits, haven't seen a much better named horse than THE PADDY PIE, isn't that right @Addickted2TheReds @Leuth @Addick Addict @AshBurton et al?
  • Options
    got on a
    CAFCsayer said:

Into 7/2 fave now
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Wins... Got on at just over 9/2...on fire at the minute... Proper purple patch
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

CAFCsayer said:

Wins... Got on at just over 9/2...on fire at the minute... Proper purple patch
    Well done mate, backed it as well :smiley:
  • Options
    Wood Pigeon fancy in the 3oclock at Huntingdon
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

2.00 pm
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:

2 oclock
  • Options
    edited January 2019

CAFCsayer said:

2 oclock
    Im in Switzerland, sorry.. 2 UK time... Backed it on its own and even money top 3
  • Options
    Bollox, not enough in the tank
  • Options
    Coo unlucky.
  • Options
    presenting percy and cilaos emery both winning over in ireland today.

anyone got anything backed for cheltenham yet?

currently have kalashnikov for the arkle
    altior qm and percy gc double
    supasundae for the stayers.

closer to the time ill make a cheltenham discussion as imo it is the best horse racing meeting of the year

going weds and Thursday stopping overnight in Birmingham same as last year.
  • Options

closer to the time ill make a cheltenham discussion as imo it is the best horse racing meeting of the year

I've got a properly naughty AP book lined up. Genuinely aren't too many bad calls in there:

- Defi Du Seuil any race @ 20/1 e/w, now 7/1

- Lil Rockerfeller any race @ 16/1

- Envoi Allen any race @ 14/1, now 4/1

- Quick Grabim any race @ 20/1 e/w which was good until injury

- Adjali in the Triumph @ 20/1 e/w, now 10/1

- Monalee Ryanair @ 14/1 e/w, now 8/1

- Bellshill and Al Boum Photo e/w for the GC @ 16s and 20s respectively

- La Bague Au Roi RSA @ 12/1

- I have 63p e/w on Unowhatimeanharry to win the Stayers @ 33/1. Don't know why.

- Paisley Park Stayers @ 12/1 (now 11/1)

Oh, and the jewel in the crown is Altior to remain unbeaten in the 2018/19 season @ 4/1, so here's hoping.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

I've got a properly naughty AP book lined up. Genuinely aren't too many bad calls in there:

- Defi Du Seuil any race @ 20/1 e/w, now 7/1

- Lil Rockerfeller any race @ 16/1

- Envoi Allen any race @ 14/1, now 4/1

- Quick Grabim any race @ 20/1 e/w which was good until injury

- Adjali in the Triumph @ 20/1 e/w, now 10/1

- Monalee Ryanair @ 14/1 e/w, now 8/1

- Bellshill and Al Boum Photo e/w for the GC @ 16s and 20s respectively

- La Bague Au Roi RSA @ 12/1

- I have 63p e/w on Unowhatimeanharry to win the Stayers @ 33/1. Don't know why.

- Paisley Park Stayers @ 12/1 (now 11/1)

Oh, and the jewel in the crown is Altior to remain unbeaten in the 2018/19 season @ 4/1, so here's hoping.
    I’ve got a few more will stick them up tomorrow
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    quite a few bets on, a few will not run, but were done early on for value;

kalashnikov arkle 10/1,8/1,5/1
    bvd champ hurldle 9/4
    bags groove rsa 20/1 ew
    supasundae stayers 7/1,6/1
    wholestone stayers 20/1 ew
    samcro jlt 4/1
    presenting percy gold cup 5/1
    bristol de main gold cup 20/1

then got a few multiples on

monalee ryanair & presenting percy gold cup 104/1
    laurina mares, altior qm & man city pl 13/1
    laurina mares, altior qm & presenting percy gold cup 69/1
    bvd ch, tiger roll cross country & presenting percy gold cup 38/1
    thistlecrack any race 10/1
    black op, bvd, might bite any race 150/1
  • Options
    couldn't have Kalashnikov after Kempton defeat
  • Options
    Oh, for the 4.50 on the Tuesday, National Hunt Amateur Riders one (Grade 2), there's only one Willie Mullins entry - Ballyward. Was 33/1 until recently but 20/1 is decent value now. I'd get on board for that each-way.

Also, Derrinross for the Albert Bartlett @ 20/1 each way. A friend gave the following write-up:

I know it's cliche but were he trained by Mullins or Elliot and not Philip Dempsey I think he would be a lot shorter. Other than At Fishers Cross and Bob's Worth this race tends to be a waste land for short priced favourites so happy to look away from the front of the market which includes quite a few Mullins/Elliot horses that remain untested over 3m. Derrinross is clearly enjoying his racing over 3m having won a Grade 3 at Cork beating Sams Profile who I thought ran well finishing second over too short a trip in the Lawlor's Of Naas Novice Hurdle. Derrinross then went on to win a Grade 2 over 3m giving weight away at Limerick beating Defi Bleu. Taken from Sportinglife 'The Limerick contest, registered as the Dorans Pride Novice Hurdle and formerly run at the Guiness Novice Hurdle, has produced a long list of high-class winners since its inception in 2003, with the likes of Weapon's Amnesty, Faugheen, Martello Tower, Up For Review and Penhill winning in recent season'.

I debated backing this now as I don't think his price would be too different but Dempsey has said 'if he gets soft ground he could run at the Dublin Racing Festival', so I decided to get on now as he won't be under the radar with a good performance there. He'll want soft ground at Cheltenham, but this relatively unexposed imposing 7 year old is definitely a player so happy to take 20/1 with the the AB definitely being the plan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Oh, for the 4.50 on the Tuesday, National Hunt Amateur Riders one (Grade 2), there's only one Willie Mullins entry - Ballyward. Was 33/1 until recently but 20/1 is decent value now. I'd get on board for that each-way.

Also, Derrinross for the Albert Bartlett @ 20/1 each way. A friend gave the following write-up:

I know it's cliche but were he trained by Mullins or Elliot and not Philip Dempsey I think he would be a lot shorter. Other than At Fishers Cross and Bob's Worth this race tends to be a waste land for short priced favourites so happy to look away from the front of the market which includes quite a few Mullins/Elliot horses that remain untested over 3m. Derrinross is clearly enjoying his racing over 3m having won a Grade 3 at Cork beating Sams Profile who I thought ran well finishing second over too short a trip in the Lawlor's Of Naas Novice Hurdle. Derrinross then went on to win a Grade 2 over 3m giving weight away at Limerick beating Defi Bleu. Taken from Sportinglife 'The Limerick contest, registered as the Dorans Pride Novice Hurdle and formerly run at the Guiness Novice Hurdle, has produced a long list of high-class winners since its inception in 2003, with the likes of Weapon's Amnesty, Faugheen, Martello Tower, Up For Review and Penhill winning in recent season'.

I debated backing this now as I don't think his price would be too different but Dempsey has said 'if he gets soft ground he could run at the Dublin Racing Festival', so I decided to get on now as he won't be under the radar with a good performance there. He'll want soft ground at Cheltenham, but this relatively unexposed imposing 7 year old is definitely a player so happy to take 20/1 with the the AB definitely being the plan.

skybet who are nrnb are 12/1 for derrinross & 14/1 for ballyward - obvs worse prices as are nrnb at this stage
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

skybet who are nrnb are 12/1 for derrinross & 14/1 for ballyward - obvs worse prices as are nrnb at this stage
    I'd rather take the risk of NRs, though. I've had 0.5pts e/w on them both, and your returns jump from 7.2pts to 13pts, and 8.4pts to 13pts respectively.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

PaddyP17 said:

I'd rather take the risk of NRs, though. I've had 0.5pts e/w on them both, and your returns jump from 7.2pts to 13pts, and 8.4pts to 13pts respectively.
    definately worth it thanks for info.
  • Options
    Anyone know which firms are NRNB for Cheltenham yet ?
  • Options

Anyone know which firms are NRNB for Cheltenham yet ?

Different bookies offering NRNB on different races.
    I believe SkyBet are the only ones doing the whole festival at the moment.
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

Ballyward now down to 7s.
  • Options
    is ballyward not going RSA route now though?
  • Options
    Apple's Jade. Wow. Fair play. And my Defi Du Seuil AP is shaping up wonderfully...
  • Options
    oldbloke said:

is ballyward not going RSA route now though?

If Willie tells me that it's raining, I'll be looking outside. Unusual if he doesn't have a runner I'd think.
  • Options

quite a few bets on, a few will not run, but were done early on for value;

kalashnikov arkle 10/1,8/1,5/1
    bvd champ hurldle 9/4
    bags groove rsa 20/1 ew
    supasundae stayers 7/1,6/1
    wholestone stayers 20/1 ew
    samcro jlt 4/1
    presenting percy gold cup 5/1
    bristol de main gold cup 20/1

then got a few multiples on

monalee ryanair & presenting percy gold cup 104/1