Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    think bvd ruins the field tomorrow - well thats what im hoping have it back ante post for ch.

great to see unwimh win today - dissapointing from wholestone
  • Options

Just had Viv le Roi go in at Newbury. That is one game horse.

PaddyP17 said:

Just had Viv le Roi go in at Newbury. That is one game horse.

You and me both sir!!!!!!! What a story, too - 99 in a seller to 128 today!
    AND .. @ 14/1 !!
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Several of those at the head of the market for today's Hennessy tick all (or virtually all) of the stat boxes. I wouldn't normally take single figures but, with this morning's rain, MS PARFOIS, fresh from a wind op, is the pick for me. I emptied the remainder of Mrs M's Christmas tin to back her at 6s.
    It could well be attritional today, like Hennessys of old, and there's certainly scope for a surprise. At the price, I've added ALLYSSON MONTERG at 33s (4 places).
    All the best.

Ugh......Boy, am I in deep do-do.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Samcro 11/10
    Bv D 11/8
  • Options
    Samcro completely ontclassed by Buveur D'Air. That's the end of his Champion Hurdle campaign.
  • Options
    Gordon Elliott just said that Samcro is still going for the Champion Hurdle. What a bad decision.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Gordon Elliott just said that Samcro is still going for the Champion Hurdle. What a bad decision.

He won't.

The Stayers is more likely - 10/1
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

He won't.

If they don't want to send him over fences yet, that would be the sensible path to take.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

He won't.

Might have a nibble.

I've had an uncommonly good last couple of days. Unwimh, Vive Le Roi and now Sizing Tennessee coming in
  • Options
    Lester Piggott in hospital for reported routine tests - hopefully nothing serious.

In my opinion, the greatest ever British sportsman.

Best wishes Long Fellow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Been doing well recently. Had a nice treble up yesterday. Thought I'd share my fancies for today. Follow at your own risk though!

1.00-Vango De Vaige-3/1(NAP)
    7.30-Kings Field-2/1
    8.15-Natch-each way 20/1
    8.45-Zarrar-2/1(NB)
  • Options
    some big money races at Sandown and Aintree tomorrow .. However big time jock Noel Fehily has just the one booked ride, at Wetherby in the 12.05 .. will go off at a short price but the omens look good .. Time to Move On
  • Options
    Hills paying 7 places in the Becher!!! Madness.
  • Options
    Going to Cheltenham tomorrow, looks like it’s going to be a very cold and wet one - I’ll probably spend more time in one of the bars 😂

Had an absolute stinker when I went in October so any tips are appreciated! My missus picked 5 winners last time though, beginners luck!
  • Options

Going to Cheltenham tomorrow, looks like it’s going to be a very cold and wet one - I’ll probably spend more time in one of the bars 😂

Had an absolute stinker when I went in October so any tips are appreciated! My missus picked 5 winners last time though, beginners luck!

12.45 - Le Breuil @ 11/4, 1pt win

1.20 - Theinval @ 11/2 (ish?), 0.75pts win

1.55 - Okay so William Hill are paying SEVEN places in a 14 runner race. I'd advise backing everything between 10/1 and 20/1 each way lol. But seriously - CEPAGE @ 11/1, and FOXTAIL HILL @ 14/1, 0.5pts e/w. (Cases made for Romain de Senam, and Mr Medic too. The ones at the top of the market don't represent each-way value/burglary, which is my specialty).

2.30 - Lisnagar Oscar @ 8/1, 0.75pts e/w

3.05 - I'm on a watching brief here but if you have a bet, then speculatively either VISION DES FLOS or THE NEW ONE, 0.5pts e/w (8s and 10s respectively)

3.40 - Petticoat Tails @ 6/1, 1pt win; Giveaway Glance @ 16/1, 0.5pts e/w
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

1.55 - Okay so William Hill are paying SEVEN places in a 14 runner race. I'd advise backing everything between 10/1 and 20/1 each way lol. But seriously - CEPAGE @ 11/1, and FOXTAIL HILL @ 14/1, 0.5pts e/w. (Cases made for Romain de Senam, and Mr Medic too. The ones at the top of the market don't represent each-way value/burglary, which is my specialty).

3.05 - I'm on a watching brief here but if you have a bet, then speculatively either VISION DES FLOS or THE NEW ONE, 0.5pts e/w (8s and 10s respectively)

Cheers mate. Had no luck so far, hopefully get a win soon! Fucking freezing though
  • Options
    How cool is Bryony Frost
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

Cheers mate. Had no luck so far, hopefully get a win soon! Fucking freezing though
    Yes Lisnagar Oscar!!

• Options
    Which bookie is that with? Can usually tell by the colours/font but can’t with that one...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Which bookie is that with? Can usually tell by the colours/font but can’t with that one...

Come On Bet. They had a couple of good new customer offers recently, so decided to give them a go.
  • Options
    Going Ascot tomorrow any tips would be appreciated
  • Options
    12.45...…. Gallaher's Cross
  • Options
    some cracking racing coming up over the festive period any big fancies?

Walsh heads to limerick for the ride of getabird, whilst leaving a decent lepordstown card for paul townend.

no trains to Kempton on the 27th which means i wont be attending - will likely really damage the crowd there which as a struggling racecourse isn't welcomed - fucking unions. shame as usually about 12 of us go and a good day out.

think native river is a great price in the king george, in office for a few hours this morning so will have a glance across all the cards.
  • Options

some cracking racing coming up over the festive period any big fancies?

Walsh heads to limerick for the ride of getabird, whilst leaving a decent lepordstown card for paul townend.

no trains to Kempton on the 27th which means i wont be attending - will likely really damage the crowd there which as a struggling racecourse isn't welcomed - fucking unions. shame as usually about 12 of us go and a good day out.

think native river is a great price in the king george, in office for a few hours this morning so will have a glance across all the cards.

I will be poorer if Native River fails to make the first 4 at 5s with Skybet.
    Not necessarily his track and he prefers further, but he is the most genuine horse in training and I can't ever let him run unbacked.

• Options
    Backing the De Bromhead horses at Leopardstown normally makes a profit.
  • Options
    Huge day today. Any particular fancies? I'll be on board Native River in the King George today as Politologue is miles too short for my liking.

Earlier in the card you have Delire d'Estruval at a massive 33/1 in the 1.20, which is surely worth a nibble with Hills paying five places? Vivas has the larger share of my interest though.

Away from Kempton and I really like Rhythm is a Dancer @ 13/2 in the 1.25 at Wincanton. Impressed last time out and 9lb up seems fair and manageable.

I also like Kilfinchen Boy in the 2.00 - probably each way at 8/1 in a race where a lot of the chances have question marks over them.

Go well today unless you're (probably wisely) opposing my selections!
  • Options
    King George looks wide open but I have gone for Thistlecrack at 8. also done Glen Forsa 9-2 and Bags Groove 5 both at Kempton
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Huge day today. Any particular fancies? I'll be on board Native River in the King George today as Politologue is miles too short for my liking.

Earlier in the card you have Delire d'Estruval at a massive 33/1 in the 1.20, which is surely worth a nibble with Hills paying five places? Vivas has the larger share of my interest though.

Away from Kempton and I really like Rhythm is a Dancer @ 13/2 in the 1.25 at Wincanton. Impressed last time out and 9lb up seems fair and manageable.

I also like Kilfinchen Boy in the 2.00 - probably each way at 8/1 in a race where a lot of the chances have question marks over them.

Go well today unless you're (probably wisely) opposing my selections!

I'm with you on Native River, Paddy.
  • Options
    Fancy Politologue/Native River