Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Poor old Jose Riga

I saw on SSN today that Blackpool have only got 10 players for pre-season, and Jose has given his chairman a list of players he wants, and we thought we had a small squad. Perhaps he will take all the players we have released? I hope he does not sign the sort of quality players we seem to be getting.

Comments

• Options
    he's a canny fellow and will sort it, sadly so though, as that's one less relegation candidate.
  • Options

he's a canny fellow and will sort it, sadly so though, as that's one less relegation candidate.

Nah, it would take a much better manager than Riga for me to think they aren't serious relegation candidates. Which is not to say they definitely WILL go down - Riga is as you say pretty canny and we know he can get teams under pressure fired up - but it's a club with a whole multitude off issues off the pitch, let alone on it and with so few players. They'll get a few more in perhaps, but they're going to be shopping at Poundland, metaphorically.
  • Options
    I'd be very surprised to see Riga there come Christmas.
  • Options
    Get out no Jose! Before it destroys his reputation and everything else.. there's no way anyone can turn that situation down..
  • Options
    Without a network to rely on how can Blackpool afford to rebuild? They'll be getting a development fee for Ince but will that cover 10 new Championship quality players? I doubt it. I think they'll be in trouble.
  • Options
    He'll be off by October
  • Options
    We could loan them Church if needed, y'know a favour for an old mate of Rolly
  • Options
    Blackpool announce signing of Estonian forward Sergei Jenkov on a 1 year deal
  • Options
    doesnt even come up on google
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2014
    It's only the first week of July.
    There's a ton of decent players available this summer, desperate for a contract.

And maybe Riga will do some of his shopping in Belgium?
    He'll know who is able to do a job for him and up to the rigors of the Championship.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Can see Astrit rocking up there. Though he will probably fail the medical if he goes for a walk up an down the seafront first.
  • Options

Can see Astrit rocking up there. Though he will probably fail the medical if he goes for a walk up an down the seafront first.

Astrit can get on a tram after 60 minutes.

• Options

Blackpool announce signing of Estonian forward Sergei Jenkov on a 1 year deal

Not gonna feel a little isolated up there? Unless Jose's scouting for more…
  • Options
    It's okay, he can get some players from Liege in on loan.

Oh, wait....
  • Options
    Ross said:

It's okay, he can get some players from Liege in on loan.

Oh, wait....

By all accounts, there are not many players left at Standard right now .......

• Options
    Think even Fuller has left!
  • Options
    Was speaking to a season ticket holder at the weekend, reckoned fuller was one of their best players last season, really rated him. Think it was a mistake we let him go.
  • Options

I thought Fuller got released because of his wages rather then as a tactical choice due to us being potless under the last ownership in the end.

According to Paul ince, Blackpool manager at the time, he said we were waiting for a takeover to go through and so couldn't sign him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blackpool's threadbare squad has been described as a "complete and utter shambles" by the chairman of their supporters' association.
    With just five weeks until Blackpool kick off their Championship campaign they have just eight senior players on the books.
    And Glenn Bowley, chair of the Blackpool Supporters Association, spoke of his frustration and concern at the lack of squad building.
    "The squad is not just thin, it is almost non-existent," he told the Blackpool Gazette. "There is a lot of work still to do.
    "It may be that there are things going on behind the scenes but there seems to be a significant lack of progress.
    "We only have eight players five weeks before the start of the season. It is a complete and utter shambles - that's how it seems."

"we still think jossy riga is nowt but godhead though, lad..."
  • Options
    You watch. Blackpool will storm the league now.
  • Options
    Looks like he is wanted by Deportivo La Corunna according to Sky Sports http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9376371

Can't blame him, should he want to get out of Blackpool.
  • Options
    Would think his agent's popped that in there to stir Blackpool up a little, but in many ways I hope he does find a way out of the car crash that is Bloomfield Road these days.
  • Options
    Blackpool boss Jose Riga has emerged as a shock contender for the Deportivo La Coruna coaching role.

Newly-promoted Deportivo sacked coach Fernando Vazquez on Tuesday after a clash over the club's transfer policy.

Now Deportivo are compiling a list of possible replacements and Sky Sports understands Riga is on that list.

Riga took charge at Bloomfield Road earlier this summer following a successful stint at Charlton Athletic, which saw him save the club from relegation last season.

Riga has not found life easy at Blackpool with issues over his backroom staff and lack of progress over signings, and the chance of coaching in La Liga is sure to appeal.

The 56-year-old Belgian is highly thought of on the continent following his spell in charge of Standard Liege and his stint as AC Milan’s youth boss.
  • Options
    If they even think of signing Thuram before us I'll be fuming
  • Options
    Hey, Depor are my team in Spain. Bring him in. Mind you, after the way the last manager got treated after leading them to promotion on a shoestring, he'd be well advised to look for short term renting in A Coruna. Fernando Vazquez got the push for commenting in the press that Depor were having problems signing quality players for next season. Today, the president said they thought he lacked motivation. The guy was running up and down the touchline like a loon every time Depor scored,
    May be a case of out of frying pan into the fire for Jose, but if true, this has cheered me right up.
  • Options
    Latest newd from Spain is that Depor are going to appoint Victor Fernandez as manager,

Gutted.
  • Options

BigRedEvilMember
    I'd be very surprised to see Riga there come Christmas.

Why, does he look good in a beard ?