Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Poor old Jose Riga

13»

Comments

• Options
    Team bib bob
  • Options
    Has any manager ever left a club without overseeing a single game? I'd have Riga back to head up our academy.
  • Options
    Leroy Rosenior - reportedly sacked after just 10 minutes into the job at Torquay (Due to the club being taken over)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    cafc999 said:

Leroy Rosenior - reportedly sacked after just 10 minutes into the job at Torquay (Due to the club being taken over)

Didn't Steve Claridge do a similar stint somewhere too?....................

*Edit: Millwall manager 21st June 05 - 27th July 05 = No games
  • Options

cafc999 said:

Can we expect to see Riga on the Rootball League show soon then?
  • Options
    rananegra said:

cafc999 said:

Can we expect to see Riga on the Rootball League show soon then?
    The undefeated boys club.............
  • Options

Has any manager ever left a club without overseeing a single game? I'd have Riga back to head up our academy.

Riga deserves far better than the likes of Oyston. Didn't Martin 'Mad Dog' Allen last just four days at Leicester - or was it four games?

• Options

Riga deserves far better than the likes of Oyston. Didn't Martin 'Mad Dog' Allen last just four days at Leicester - or was it four games?

4 games. Made a good start there as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Scapegoat time---"wasnt me it was the Manager who COULDNT bring in the players we wanted"----walk Jose and fast
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

I feel like Riga's been messed around a lot in his managerial career. And he seems like such a nice guy too.

Messed around or bad choices?

Don't agree Duchatalet messed him around, to the best of our knowledge Riga was invited to be an interim manager with a specific objective, which he achieved. There was no "if they stay up you'll be considered.."

As a career interim myself, I know that when I come in to do a role, I am there to achieve specific objectives and then I move on. same for Riga.

Blackpool was a ludicrous decision and he obviously had not done the right due diligence or even ask the tea lady at Charlton.

I like Riga, but its not jst circumstances that has affected him, its his own choices.

• Options
    from what i understand riga wants to bring in a couple of belgian players and has his own targets but oyston doesnt want to pay any agents money.

Crazy.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, but looking like Riga won't be there after the weekend and is locked in an impasse with Oyston according to this BBC report. Copied below, also highlighted an almost throwaway line that probably has more significance than at first glance:
    Jose Riga's future as Blackpool manager is likely to be decided by Saturday.

The former Charlton boss, who took charge at Bloomfield Road on 11 June, is locked in a dispute with chairman Karl Oyston over transfer policy.

Riga is understood to have refused to make any signings unless Oyston brings in three particular players, whose identities have not been made public.
    With three weeks to go until their opening Championship game, Blackpool have just eight contracted players.

If Riga agrees to start bringing in players and is in the dugout for Saturday's opening pre-season fixture at non-league Penrith, he will remain in charge.

However, if the transfer stand-off between Riga and the chairman continues - or if the manager does not show at Penrith - it is expected to spell the end of his reign.

With their opening league fixture to be played at Nottingham Forest on 9 August, the Seasiders - relegated from the Premier League in 2011 - have no goalkeeper and will have to rely on youth-team players and trialists to play Saturday's friendly against their Northern League Division One opponents.

A pre-season tour to Spain, for which the squad were scheduled to depart on Sunday, has been cancelled at the manager's request.

But Riga has been told the Penrith game will go ahead, with the boss - as far as the club are concerned - in the dugout.

The 56-year-old, who had a 16-match spell at Charlton at the end of last season, was appointed as successor to interim player-manager Barry Ferguson, under whom Blackpool narrowly escaped relegation to League One last season.

Riga has not spoken to the media since he got the job 37 days ago.

Michael Appleton currently holds the record for the shortest Blackpool reign - he was manager for 65 days during the 2012-13 season, before leaving to take over at Blackburn.

Blackpool's eight contracted players:
    • Defenders: Gary MacKenzie, Tony McMahon, Charles Dunne
    • Midfielder: David Perkins
    • Forwards: Steven Davies, Bobby Grant, Sergei Zenjov, Tom Barkhuizen
  • Options
    "Riga is understood to have refused to make any signings unless Oyston brings in three particular players, whose identities have not been made public."

Who could they be?
  • Options
    Eight plus three makes a team. Obviously Riga is in the wrong because he has forgotten the substitutes, that must be what's annoying Karl.
  • Options
    just a bit of a weird situation.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    7/4 for Nottm Forest to stick 3 or more past them not looking a bad bet, considering they've been scoring themselves in friendlies while Blackpool can only just about field a 7 a side team...
  • Options
    The Oyston's make Duchatelet seem like a god!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

"Riga is understood to have refused to make any signings unless Oyston brings in three particular players, whose identities have not been made public."

Who could they be?

Church, Abbot & Doherty................
  • Options
    Reza, Astrit and Nego
  • Options

If RD was a God, the phrase "huh" would be blasphemy
  • Options
    Is "huh" a phrase?
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

If RD was a God, the phrase "huh" would be blasphemy
    Or mandatory.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Is "huh" a phrase?

Well, it seems to be RDs catchphrase...........
  • Options
    Rumoured to have left with Billy Davies taking over.
  • Options
    Hasnt he rumoured to be leaving every week since he's been there?
  • Options
    They are meant to have signed Ishmael Miller. TBF, thats not actually a bad signing.
  • Options

They are meant to have signed Ishmael Miller. TBF, thats not actually a bad signing.

Yep, good signing and was a Riga target when he was with us.