Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Archie Edwards New Contract

edited May 2014 in General Charlton
I noticed this was in the updated squad thread but feel it deserves a thread on its on

Archie Edwards ‏@archie3_ 1h
Delighted to sign my first Professional contract with Charlton Athletic Football Club! Great club to be at! Hopefully first of many!

Comments

• Options
    That is a pucka signing Archie very nearly joined the blue side of Manchester not so long a go

And this is great news

Well done Archie
  • Options
    Great news, well done Archie
  • Options
    Another great prospect from our Academy.

Congrats, Archie!
  • Options
    Anyone able to give a quick run down on him?
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Anyone able to give a quick run down on him?

a left sided Chris Solly
  • Options
    how old is he?
  • Options
    What is it about Charlton and home grown left backs!

• Options
    On par with Joe Gomez?
  • Options
    Better baller than solly

Archie has brilliant footballing skills already

If he can learn the game as well as he can play it

Our defence will be the start of our attack

I expect Edwards to be in midfield in his first team playing days tbh
  • Options
    How tall is he ? Seriously.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

How tall is he ? Seriously.

Taller than Solly.
  • Options
    Hope he doesn't mean first of many clubs.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

only on charlton life will you find people who can find a negative in any positive. Bit harsh to pick you out, but i've seen others post the same thing. Bizarre.
  • Options
    He is a converted midfielder. Very frail looking but he has a good left foot and despite his build he is not afraid to put his foot in. A good prospect. But left back is a position we are well served with Wiggins, Fox, Holmes-Dennis can play there plus Edwards. Could revert back to midfield.
  • Options
    I think he will be back there dick he is far too much of a baller to be playing left back and I agree we have a depth of talent that can play there

Citeh certainly wasn't thinking left back when there approach was made
  • Options
    Only seen him in youth cup vs Chelsea and looked painfully out of his depth but think that was mainly because of physical attriubtes, as I believe he may have been as young as 14. Definetly not one to judge after one performance and with Citeh sniffing around he can't be no mug so good news and hopefully more to follow with Gomez.
  • Options

Only seen him in youth cup vs Chelsea and looked painfully out of his depth but think that was mainly because of physical attriubtes, as I believe he may have been as young as 14. Definetly not one to judge after one performance and with Citeh sniffing around he can't be no mug so good news and hopefully more to follow with Gomez.

He was 15 then, and looked younger. Chelsea targeted him because of that, but because of his clever positioning they got little joy out of him, which is when I realised we had a prospect on our hands. It was only when he went off after about 70 minutes that Chelsea started to get any joy down that flank.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very happy about this. Especially if he was linked with City and theres rumours of Hart going there. Wouldn't have been surprised if Hart had gone and tried to snap him up.
  • Options

He was 15 then, and looked younger. Chelsea targeted him because of that, but because of his clever positioning they got little joy out of him, which is when I realised we had a prospect on our hands. It was only when he went off after about 70 minutes that Chelsea started to get any joy down that flank.

Agree, he was brilliant in that game despite looking about 14.

A real prospect.

Very good news that he is signed up.
  • Options
    He needs to hit the gym!
  • Options
    Good news, I think it was last summer when there was talk of him going to Man City.

I thought he did well enough in that Chelsea game even though other players stood out more. He kept it simple, didn't do much wrong and the whole team had a great start to that game.

From the way others have talked about his ability on the ball I don't think I saw the best of him in that game. The fact that they played him in a game like that shows he's highly rated - clearly he hadn't been pushed up an age group because of his physique!
  • Options
    dizzee said:

dizzee said:

only on charlton life will you find people who can find a negative in any positive. Bit harsh to pick you out, but i've seen others post the same thing. Bizarre.
    Only on Charlton life can you find people with no sense of humour.
    Well that's not very funny is it... :-)
  • Options
    Well done lad! congrats Archie
  • Options
    Not seen the lad play but from what I have heard it seems he is a talented boy. Pleased to hear he has signed. The hard work starts now Archie. Talent only gets you so far in football. Hard work and a willingness to always wanting to improve will get you a career in football.
  • Options
    felix_31 said:

He needs to hit the gym!

His Mum needs to keep the fridge stocked up.

• Options
    I noticed on Archie's twitter page a Kieran Rufus saying well done. I am no goodon twitter but looks like he is part of an academy? So is he Richards son and is he on our books?
  • Options
    He's Richards son but not on our books I believe he writes on here aswell.