Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Archie Edwards New Contract

2»

Comments

• Options
    He does.
  • Options
    Well if you do your dads a top top man

Rufus jr
  • Options

Well if you do your dads a top top man

Rufus jr

Never a truer word spoken.

• Options
    Checking the handbook it seems our Archie will be 17 on 10 July 2014.

As I understand it he can't sign a pro contract until he turns 17.

Obviously, Charlton won't have drawn up a contract and got him to sign it before that date as that's not allowed and Charlton wouldn't break any rules.

So just a misunderstanding and lets wait until 11 July and see what is announced then.

Pyke was born Feb 96 so must be another reason for that.

Gomez 23 May '96 so turns 17 this Firday.
  • Options

Checking the handbook it seems our Archie will be 17 on 10 July 2014.

As I understand it he can't sign a pro contract until he turns 17.

Obviously, Charlton won't have drawn up a contract and got him to sign it before that date as that's not allowed and Charlton wouldn't break any rules.

So just a misunderstanding and lets wait until 11 July and see what is announced then.

Pyke was born Feb 96 so must be another reason for that.

Gomez 23 May '96 so turns 17 this Firday.

you can sign a pre-contract agreement
  • Options

Another great prospect from our Academy.

Congrats, Archie!

Another great prospect from the Harold Hill Academy ;-)
    Kap10 said:

Anyone able to give a quick run down on him?

Great little player always has been, can score goals for fun from anywhere on the park. Will not be a left back for long, although an attacking fullback in the right system could see rewards. Going to be a vary very good player.

• Options
    uncle said:

Another great prospect from our Academy.

Congrats, Archie!

Another great prospect from the Harold Hill Academy ;-)
    Kap10 said:

Anyone able to give a quick run down on him?

Great little player always has been, can score goals for fun from anywhere on the park. Will not be a left back for long, although an attacking fullback in the right system could see rewards. Going to be a vary very good player.

Thanks for adding that info, uncle.

• Options
    Is he better than Jonjo?

;-)
  • Options

Is he better than Jonjo?

;-)

Came from the same youth team as Jonjo, and the same as Connor Leon who i think is a fantastic young footballer. I think Archie could go on to be a big star, he's got the right attitude.
  • Options
    Uncle was there not an inkling of Jonjo getting in the England squad, would have been in my 23 100%.
    Just because he can do the least expected at any point.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Give Archie a go at LB please KR. I heard years ago that the club were waiting for him to fill out. They thought that Da Silva wouldn't cut it, so why not try Archie on Saturday?
  • Options

Worth a try, he doesn't look too small.
  • Options
    I am afraid that Archie Edwards is well out of the frame and will probably leave at the end of his contract. Has anybody seen Brandon Hanlon or or Josh Umerah?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    He's not that short, just very skinny/slight.
    dickplumb said:

I am afraid that Archie Edwards is well out of the frame and will probably leave at the end of his contract. Has anybody seen Brandon Hanlon or or Josh Umerah?

Kind of forgot about them - why are they now seemingly behind players like Hackett-Fairchild (not asking that to Henry)?
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

This is worrying from an U23 stalwart. Archie was poor coming back from injury but seemed to have his mojo back in play-off match. Getting rid of these three would be a big big mistake.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

He's not that short, just very skinny/slight.

dickplumb said:

Kind of forgot about them - why are they now seemingly behind players like Hackett-Fairchild (not asking that to Henry)?
    They should be the front three in our 4-3-3 formation

But yes, where are they?
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

That's very sad to hear, wasn't everyone raving about what a quality player he is before his injury?
  • Options
    Shame he turned down Man Utd to stay with us so hope we dont cast him aside too quickly
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

I've been wondering that all pre-season. Is it just that neither are fancied anymore? Or are they being lined up for loans? We're not overly blessed up front I would think they'd at least be in the conversation.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

dickplumb said:

I've been wondering that all pre-season. Is it just that neither are fancied anymore? Or are they being lined up for loans? We're not overly blessed up front I would think they'd at least be in the conversation.
    Did they play in the under 23 games at all? Or are they injured?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How old is Archie now? He's not that young anymore i believe and hasn't played a professional match in his career, whether its with us or elsewhere i hope he gets a game.
  • Options
    He's just turned 20.
  • Options
    I think he should go out on loan.
  • Options
    None of our 20 (or whatever) head coaches has trusted Edwards despite lots of other youngsters getting first team action of some sort. Maybe he genuinely isn't good enough?
  • Options

Would like to see Edwards, Hanlon, Umerah, Lapsie and Bowry all out on loan, ideally to League Two clubs, probably more realistically to non league. Offer them out, offer to pay 100% of wages each game they play and see if they have it in them.

Agreed. Someone posted at one point that the youngsters will be given until the end of August to show what they can do and whether they should stay/go out on loan. I think everyone you mentioned would do well with a loan move. Hanlan looked too good for non-league when he was with...was it Bromley last year? Umerah barely got any games at Killie. I suspect Bowry and Lapslie, if nothing else due to their youth and inexperience, would go non-league. I would hope the other three would go to League Two.
  • Options
    Brandon Hanlan & Josh Umerah are both injured along with George Lapslie. Brandon has only played in one friendly this season, Josh has not at all.
  • Options

Brandon Hanlan & Josh Umerah are both injured along with George Lapslie. Brandon has only played in one friendly this season, Josh has not at all.

thanks @snakedavis
  • Options

dickplumb said:

That's very sad to hear, wasn't everyone raving about what a quality player he is before his injury?

dickplumb said:

Yes, I was one. Always seemed to have an old head on young shoulders.
  • Options
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/59f3111286026/academy-graduate-joins-national-league-south-club-on-loan

Edwards won't be involved in the cup games, he's gone out on loan for the first time. Joined Bognor Regis Town in the National League South until 1st January.