Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall Watch

Comments

• Options

Very creditable draw v Leeds though. Pains me but they won’t be in danger of going down.

It was a good draw.

But it was at home, Leeds had 3 key players out injured.

As I said it was a good draw but its now 5 games without a win and 4 of those defeats including losing to Rotherham and QPR.

Based on what there fans are saying online they are not playing well, and rumours that Jordan Archer has handed in a transfer request after being racially abused which is why he is not in the squad ATM,if true that could destroy morale
    Racially abused ? Surely not, aren't/weren't they the family club of the year ?
    Not sure how true it is but it seems like the abuse came from the owner, I think thats who JB is
    From a reliable source... our owner brought up his poor attitude, and Archer turned it in to a race issue. If you knew our chairman, and the work he and his family does for disadvantaged youths in America, you’d know the last thing he would do is randomly start racially abusing one of his own players. Ridiculous claim.
    That makes sense. Detest improper usage of the race card.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
  • Options

Very creditable draw v Leeds though. Pains me but they won’t be in danger of going down.

It was a good draw.

As I said it was a good draw but its now 5 games without a win and 4 of those defeats including losing to Rotherham and QPR.

Based on what there fans are saying online they are not playing well, and rumours that Jordan Archer has handed in a transfer request after being racially abused which is why he is not in the squad ATM,if true that could destroy morale
    Not sure how true it is but it seems like the abuse came from the owner, I think thats who JB is
    From a reliable source... our owner brought up his poor attitude, and Archer turned it in to a race issue. If you knew our chairman, and the work he and his family does for disadvantaged youths in America, you’d know the last thing he would do is randomly start racially abusing one of his own players. Ridiculous claim.
    Have you ever thought of becoming a judge?

Don’t.
  • Options

For the record, and in my humble one, Amos made errors for both goals. His reactions seem somewhat slow and his command of his area is appalling.

He did the same at the start of last season for us, took him a little while to get going.

However, and it pains me to say it, he will turn it around and be a quality keeper for you guys this season, he's class.
  • Options

We were awful last night. I think even you'd have beaten us.

Now who’s taking the piss?

Agreed.
    Ludicrous statement on CL 2018 award winner there...
  • Options

We were awful last night. I think even you'd have beaten us.

Now who’s taking the piss?
    Fair cop.

Slightly far fetched, I agree :wink:
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Ebere Eze QPR forward looked the real deal tonight born in Greenwich as well how didn’t we spot him! (And them sell him to someone else for an undisclosed fee)

With ex-Millwall youngster Ebere Eze flying out of the blocks against his former club on Wednesday night, Queens Park Rangers boss Steve McClaren spoke afterwards of his delight at finding out the forward had been prised from The Den, when he arrived as Rangers manager in May.
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/qpr-boss-mcclaren-so-happy-to-have-former-millwall-youngster-in-his-squad/
  • Options

It was a good draw.

Same. Belittles the fight against genuine racism and does the cause no good whatsoever
  • Options

I hadn't realised Ipswich had started the season so badly, a tough start there for Paul Hurst

Just shows what a good job McCarthy did for them with a limited budget.

Thought the treatment of MM was very poor by Ipswich fans.
    Ipswich have been a club going nowhere for years now. It's only a matter of time before they're relegated
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One of the big problems Millwall has as a club is its inability to take the supporters along with it for more than a couple of years. They always give it the big one in terms of passion but there’s no real loyalty. Harris has done very well getting them into the Championship and nearly getting them into the playoffs last term. I think for the time being their best bet is to get behind Harris and dig themselves out of the hole. They won’t though. The terrace time has been called on him and he’s already dead man walking. Disgraceful when you consider what a club legend he is for them. Five bad results and he’s getting The Den treatment. Perhaps Harris has been found out and being able to spend a few bob might have been too much for his ability to gel a team. Last years side was effectively the promotion team and commitment and momentum served them well. This year he’s got to have another plan and not just kick bollock and bite. John Berylson is a good owner though so Harris won’t fear for his job from above. Not yet anyway. If things do go very Pete Tong I do wonder how much more of Millwall JB will stomach.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

One of the big problems Millwall has as a club is its inability to take the supporters along with it for more than a couple of years. They always give it the big one in terms of passion but there’s no real loyalty. Harris has done very well getting them into the Championship and nearly getting them into the playoffs last term. I think for the time being their best bet is to get behind Harris and dig themselves out of the hole. They won’t though. The terrace time has been called on him and he’s already dead man walking. Disgraceful when you consider what a club legend he is for them. Five bad results and he’s getting The Den treatment. Perhaps Harris has been found out and being able to spend a few bob might have been too much for his ability to gel a team. Last years side was effectively the promotion team and commitment and momentum served them well. This year he’s got to have another plan and not just kick bollock and bite. John Berylson is a good owner though so Harris won’t fear for his job from above. Not yet anyway. If things do go very Pete Tong I do wonder how much more of Millwall JB will stomach.

With all due respect, that's nothing more than a word salad with little to no facts in there.

Harris is not a dead man walking at all.

Re the highlighted bit, I think you're getting Harris mixed up with your treatment of Chris Powell. We're nowhere near that stage.
  • Options

With all due respect, that's nothing more than a word salad with little to no facts in there.

Re the highlighted bit, I think you're getting Harris mixed up with your treatment of Chris Powell. We're nowhere near that stage.

You’ve read some actual Millwall forums then have you ?

As soon as things start to go wrong your fans always turn on the manager. You always have and always will. Sometimes it’s justified I suppose but for your lot to be crawling all over Harris after five bad games is laughable. Not sure how you think The Valley crowd turned on Chris Powell. Always a few critical voices but CP is still Charlton royalty.
  • Options

Someone in Eltham's got a new sticker book..

Calling out for someone to draw a hand on the sword.
  • Options

As soon as things start to go wrong your fans always turn on the manager. You always have and always will. Sometimes it’s justified I suppose but for your lot to be crawling all over Harris after five bad games is laughable. Not sure how you think The Valley crowd turned on Chris Powell. Always a few critical voices but CP is still Charlton royalty.
    No, I speak to fans face to face where posturing online isn't a thing.

More fans than are on Millwall Online. If that site is your evidence then you're on very shaky ground indeed.

The validity of those I speak to, and there are many, is more representative of our overall fan base than anything you'll find on an anger infested message board where bravado is the currency of choice.

Your turn.
  • Options

More fans than are on Millwall Online. If that site is your evidence then you're on very shaky ground indeed.

The validity of those I speak to, and there are many, is more representative of our overall fan base than anything you'll find on an anger infested message board where bravado is the currency of choice.

Your turn.
    21st

• Options

Your turn.
    21st

Absolutely top banter.
  • Options

Your turn.
    So, your mate down the pub agrees with you.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Your turn.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Redrobo said:

Your turn.
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Your turn.
    You’re too harsh on yourself. It was going well until you suggested you spend your time canvassing the views of fellow supporters face to face.
  • Options
    Hey you lot... have a care BBW goes to great lengths to canvas the opinions of his fellow Spanners...

• Options
    Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

Your turn.
    You’re too harsh on yourself. It was going well until you suggested you spend your time canvassing the views of fellow supporters face to face.
  • Options

Hey you lot... have a care BBW goes to great lengths to canvas the opinions of his fellow Spanners...

Surely that'd be BWB?
  • Options
    Shut up you melt cos if you was in range I'd stick a bottle in your head you caaarnt..
  • Options
    Millwall are too good to go down...
  • Options

Millwall are too good to go down...

SHATIT SLAAAAG!!!

(I agree BTW)
  • Options
    I actually think Harris could be in danger of getting the chop but not because of the fans but the owner, he’s been allowed to break the club record twice in the summer window in what I’m assuming was an attempt to go one further than last season. And owners are more fickle than supporters right? Can see the owner sweetening the fans with something along the lines of “the manger will take us to the next level” etc which is a fairly popular approach in the modern game.
  • Options

I actually think Harris could be in danger of getting the chop but not because of the fans but the owner, he’s been allowed to break the club record twice in the summer window in what I’m assuming was an attempt to go one further than last season. And owners are more fickle than supporters right? Can see the owner sweetening the fans with something along the lines of “the manger will take us to the next level” etc which is a fairly popular approach in the modern game.

JB and King Harris have a very good working relationship and the mutual respect they have for each other is something they are very proud of.

Harris wont be going anywhere any time soon. I don't even believe the thought would enter JB's head if we were relegated.

I'd certainly want Harris to stay. Not to mention all of those people I spoke about in my 'never mentioned canvassing' post that was highlighted. Can't forget those.