Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Today's Penalty and fat refs

Stonewall, thought so at the time just seen a replay and deffo a pen and the keeper would have got a red.
The ref was still in the centre circle he just couldn't keep up with play why are so many refs unfit? Criminal .

Comments

• Options
    Greenie said:

Stonewall, thought so at the time just seen a replay and deffo a pen and the keeper would have got a red.
    The ref was still in the centre circle he just couldn't keep up with play why are so many refs unfit? Criminal .

From where I was in the upper north, was not sure but seen everywhere else it was a penalty, but the standard of refereeing is disgraceful,

the throw in about 2 minutes later was just as bad clearly came off them and yet he gave them the throw, that got Riga angry as well
  • Options
    These refs need to be publicly criticised. They're a joke!
  • Options
    I too thought it was a pen from the west stand, however I saw a mate at the station who sits in the east & he said Church dived.
  • Options
    looking at the video, it was so clearly a penalty
  • Options
    It was either a penalty and a red cars or a yellow to Church. You can't have neither.
  • Options
    Yeah from lower north looked like a slip, deff pen though. To be fair I looked straight at ref who was some distance away & he looked straight at lino who had a clear view of incident.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Thought he slipped, having seen this, it was a pen.

http://youtu.be/KSXd6d8Gc3o

That is absolutely a stone wall penalty, Bogdan may not intentionally kick Church but he does and that causes him to fall. Awful decision.
  • Options
    From the East Stand Penalty for sure. Why didn't the linesmen give it he was dead in line with the incident.
  • Options
    In normal time it looked like a slip as everyone around agreed . Seeing that it was a pen. Can't really blame the ref.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hold my hands up, that looks like a penalty to me.
  • Options
    simon church ‏@churchy18 2m
    Cannot believe that wasn't a penalty!! Decisions haven't gone our way this season but we move onto Monday now another big game.#cafc
  • Options

In normal time it looked like a slip as everyone around agreed . Seeing that it was a pen. Can't really blame the ref.

Disagree mate the fat bastard should have been up with play and why didnt the Lino give it
    Disgraceful!
    They should be ashamed!
  • Options
    Thought it was a pen at the time. Church is not the sort of player to go down with a chance like that on a plate. Can't believe Refs are allowed to be that fat and stupid!!!!
  • Options
    The goalie clearly doesn't get any of the ball. It's just whether he made contact with Church or whether it was an unfortunately timed slip.
  • Options

I know my eyes are dodgy but if you watch the slo-mo version the keeper doesn't touch Church and his feet just go from underneath him because WE WATERED THE FECKING PITCH.

only ourselves to blame.

You're right, you need to go to specsavers. Keeper connects with Church's leg and his leg gives way.
  • Options
    Fat refs should not be allowed. They are paid well as professionals nowadays not some part timers. If you can't stay fit then go be a teacher or something which does not involve running FFS.
  • Options

It was either a penalty and a red cars or a yellow to Church. You can't have neither.

This is what annoys me most, refs are too chickenshit to make a call either way so do nothing. It has to be one or the other

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Greenie said:

I know my eyes are dodgy but if you watch the slo-mo version the keeper doesn't touch Church and his feet just go from underneath him because WE WATERED THE FECKING PITCH.

only ourselves to blame.

Utter utter bollox as ever!
    Like, like, like, like, like, like...........
  • Options

I see why you can't really blame the ref as he was miles away (or you could go back to Greenie's point about him being fat etc) but even so the lino was right in line with it, he must have seen it and should have given it.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

This is what annoys me most, refs are too chickenshit to make a call either way so do nothing. It has to be one or the other

No it does not. Should he be booked for slipping?? Jeeez
  • Options
    People in the North stand have said they thought it was a pen, so have people in the west and east stands. I don't understand how both the lino and ref did not see it, Infact I don't believe that they did not see it - as usual the officials are too cowardly to give a decision to lowly charlton
  • Options

Croydon said:

except he didn't slip? I get your point though, obviously a good tackle or genuine slip should go unpunished.

• Options

Croydon said:

He was claiming a penalty, so if it was not a penalty he should of been booked for diving, cant be a slip if he is claiming a penalty
  • Options

Croydon said:

If he slipped then why does Church complain? It was either a foul (which it was) or a dive (because he started complaining to the ref).
  • Options
    Ffs he had beaten the keeper he had no reason to go down unless he bottled it?
  • Options
    This has confirmed that Golf says things to be controversal/wind up!!!!! Anyone who seen that clip and doesn't KNOW it was a stonewall penalty seriously need their eyes tested because they either need glasses/stronger lenses/ a guide dog.
  • Options
    Paul Jewell on SSN said 100% no pen and church slipped...