Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options

On delayed 17.41 Gravesend via sidcup. Pulled in Hither Green to be told train now running fast to Dartford as late (no shit sherlock). Everyone piles off .... only for announcement that it IS calling at stops as planned..cannot make it up

I’m on that train, baking hot and stinks. Fitted with them shit windows that generate as much air circulation as a cinema fart as well.
  • Options
    Can we use this to also moan about Thameslink now that they've taken over some Southeastern routes?

Only my second day of the new timetable. Train home from City Thameslink was cancelled last night. Train in this morning turned up at Dartford 15 mins late and then ran 'fast' to London Bridge. By which I mean it crawled along just didn't bother to stop at any stations. It then sat outside London Bridge for 20 mins, before crawling along towards Blackfriars. Total journey time from Dartford to City Thameslink of 1 hour and 5 mins. I think I would almost have preferred the crap Southeastern service, even though the Thameslink trains are nicer.

First Thameslink delay repay request already submitted!
  • Options
    Wilma said:

Can we use this to also moan about Thameslink now that they've taken over some Southeastern routes?

Only my second day of the new timetable. Train home from City Thameslink was cancelled last night. Train in this morning turned up at Dartford 15 mins late and then ran 'fast' to London Bridge. By which I mean it crawled along just didn't bother to stop at any stations. It then sat outside London Bridge for 20 mins, before crawling along towards Blackfriars. Total journey time from Dartford to City Thameslink of 1 hour and 5 mins. I think I would almost have preferred the crap Southeastern service, even though the Thameslink trains are nicer.

First Thameslink delay repay request already submitted!

Wash your mouth out with soap! The only effect the crap Thameslink trains have had is to make Southeastern even worse than before.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

I saw the new timetable and I very cautiously got excited. Thameslink trains and a lot more trains leaving from where I'm working now at London bridge.

Jump forward to the new timetable and the Thameslink trains are cancelled and they've reduced the other trains by so many carriages they are more crowded than before...

Great.

The Thameslink thing is a pain in the arse. They've cut my usual Cannon Street train in the morning, now I have to waste my time coming back from Blackfriars.
  • Options

Never had to commute and truly feel for you lot but this is one of my favourite threads as lifers lose their shit and manage to communicate it on here in a sadistically comical way.
    There’s definitely a fly on the wall ‘office’ type mockumentury waiting to be made.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Never had to commute and truly feel for you lot but this is one of my favourite threads as lifers lose their shit and manage to communicate it on here in a sadistically comical way.
    There’s definitely a fly on the wall ‘office’ type mockumentury waiting to be made.

I fell like this thread will be used as evidence for my state of mind to get me out in some kind of institution some day!
  • Options

I fell like this thread will be used as evidence for my state of mind to get me out in some kind of institution some day!
    I feel someone is already approaching Jack Dee to play your part.
  • Options
    I’m thinking Alan Carr more like.

What is with the Thames link cancellations? Put a huge hole in the service pattern, surely they must be about to start running them and this is just teething issues?
  • Options
    Not trains through Catford, Catford/Bridge, Bellingham till Monday GRRRRR
  • Options
    Looks like it will be fun getting home this evening. Just checked on National Rail and my City Thameslink train is running 76 mins late and the Cannon Street train is running 26 mins late.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wilma said:

Looks like it will be fun getting home this evening. Just checked on National Rail and my City Thameslink train is running 76 mins late and the Cannon Street train is running 26 mins late.

Just checked too and it states;
    Service Update
    Poor weather conditions affecting the Southeastern Network
    Cunnnnnnnnn.....
  • Options
    My train DEPARTS 35 minutes late this evening. It will probably be tomorrow before it actually arrives!
  • Options
    Sidcup line train arrives at Lewisham over 30 minutes late and is made up of 4 carriages. C***s

• Options
    So glad I cycled in today even though the weather was fucking horrible. The train situation has been absolutely miserable since the new timetable was introduced.
  • Options
    CUNTS, all of them!
  • Options
    To be fair to southeastern, how can you expect them to cope with a couple of hours of rain.
  • Options
    Seriously though, some shocking management of London Bridge station this evening.

Forcing everyone down one end of the platform by closing off the escalators at the other end saying it’s too congested. This meant the bit of the platform that was open was dangerously busy but walking down the other end was basically empty, got on a pretty empty carriage.
  • Options
    Don't even get me started. I'm near to committing murder.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    my train is so hot my shins are sweating!
  • Options

my train is so hot my shins are sweating!

Hitch your sporran up
  • Options

To be fair to southeastern, how can you expect them to cope with a couple of hours of rain.

they've been complacently lying to us all for so long they can no longer distinguish between natural precipitation and their own brand of pissing from a great height on all the unfortunates who wander into range
    sure as eggs is eggs when it's raining biblically at the weekend and the 'service' isn't subject to appraisal they'll run most of the timetable most of the time with few problems - c u n t s just like everytime they think they see a snowflake in Strood
  • Options

Never be fair to Southeastern they will never repay the compliment.
  • Options
    I was at home last night by the time my normal train was eventually cancelled (having been due to depart over an hour late). The secret to a successful journey home in these situations is to avoid Southeastern Trains like the fucking plague!
  • Options
    sm said:

The current favourite problem appears to be delays due to having to reboot the train computer - 28 mins on Friday pm, 20 mins on Monday am. I'm waiting for the computer system at London Bridge to be hacked into by the Russians

Looks like they've already done that.
  • Options
    Maybe Puttin will get the trains running on time
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    sm said:
    The current favourite problem appears to be delays due to having to reboot the train computer - 28 mins on Friday pm, 20 mins on Monday am. I'm waiting for the computer system at London Bridge to be hacked into by the Russians

https://youtu.be/nn2FB1P_Mn8
  • Options
    I moved offices a couple of weeks ago to Canary Wharf and instead of the train to Charing Cross I’ve been getting a 96 bus to woolwich and then the DLR. door to door it’s no longer than my door to door journey when I caught the train but it’s less than half the price and and I always get a seat on the bus (dlr can be a pain though). I’m sure it’ll all go tits up in the winter time but for the moment I’m feeling like I’ve dodged a bullet. Not caught a train since the timetable change so I’m dreading doing so.
  • Options
    Those Thameslink arseholes have already cancelled my train home this evening. l say cancelled but they've actually just removed it from the journey planners in the hope I won't claim a pittance in Delay Repay compensation (fools!). I never thought I would be so grateful for Southeastern's shit service from Cannon Street!