Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Game Of Thrones

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2017
    What did Jamie not believe?

Was it that Cersei is Pregnant or that she would allow the mountain to kill him... or that he does not want to believe what she has become.

Any way about it, I feel Jamie will re-unite with Tyrion and let the Targaryen army know what Cersei is up to.

Has anyone questioned whether Jaime and Cersei are Targaryen or even part? Would certainly be an interesting twist and would explain the Targaryenesque incestuous nature they have.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Dazzler21 said:

I want to know why Rhaegar called Jon 'Aegon' when he already had a son called Aegon.

Bit weird. Very harsh on the first one.

Aegon was the name of the first Targaryen king.

Aegon Targaryen, also known as Aegon the Conqueror and Aegon the Dragon, was the first Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and king on the Iron Throne, having conquered six of the Seven Kingdoms during the Conquest. He was the founder of the ruling Targaryen dynasty of Westeros.
    I get that, but who calls two of their kids the same name?
  • Options
    where was Jamie off to ? thought he was brown bread at one stage

The Hound has marked that weird lumps card
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

I want to know why Rhaegar called Jon 'Aegon' when he already had a son called Aegon.

Aegon Targaryen, also known as Aegon the Conqueror and Aegon the Dragon, was the first Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and king on the Iron Throne, having conquered six of the Seven Kingdoms during the Conquest. He was the founder of the ruling Targaryen dynasty of Westeros.
    Surely there's several generations between the two, or am I totally missing something?
  • Options

Was the first son still alive when Jon (second Aegon) was born... the Last Kingdom series by Bernard Cornwall is a good example of kids having the same name.

i.e. Uhtred (main character) was originally called Osbert with his older brother being called Uhtred and so having the same name as their father... When older brother Uhtred is killed by the Vikings early in the first book, the younger son (Osbert) is given the new name Uhtred so that he is seen to be the (new) eldest child
  • Options

I don't think anyone of them care that much about banging family to be honest

But with the wall falling like that does that mean my favorite wildling is dead

I am absolutely gutted it's now going to be months before it's on this is the first time I have had to wait

Things about to get real and I want thats slut Cersi to die horribly

He's not dead, if he was, we'd have seen it!
    Absolutely right - never, ever trust an off-screen death in a TV show! Except Stannis, that wasn't quite the same thing.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Surely there's several generations between the two, or am I totally missing something?
    I think you are. Rhaegar (Dany's oldest brother), had a son and a daughter with Ellia Martell. The son was called Aegon. The kids and their mum were murdered (and Ellia raped) by Gregor Glegane.

The reveal in the last episode was that Rhaegor's marriage to Ellia was annulled and that he had then married Lyanna Stark and had Jon Snow. So if Jon's name is Aegon, he would have had a brother also called Aegon.

• Options

Jon banged his aunt (Dany.) That will be awkward in episode 1 of next season when Bran let's him know who he really is.

Can just see them In a Jeremy Kyle: Westeros Special.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Jon banged his aunt (Dany.) That will be awkward in episode 1 of next season when Bran let's him know who he really is.

Can just see them In a Jeremy Kyle: Westeros Special.
    That's a brilliant idea for a spoof show.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All George Foreman's sons are named George Foreman.
  • Options

LoOkOuT said:

And his grill

Random fact his grill was not his design he just put his name to it. The companies first choice was Hulk Hogan but he turned them down as he did not think there would be any money it it for him
  • Options

LoOkOuT said:

And his grill

Random fact his grill was not his design he just put his name to it. The companies first choice was Hulk Hogan but he turned them down as he did not think there would be any money it it for him
    Probably worked out better in the long run given Hogan was exposed as a racist
  • Options

Odds on Dany is going to be up the duff next season.

half dragon half northerner flying through the air spewing john smiths at people chanting were all Leeds aren't we
    And suddenly the Night King seems like a good option
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Dazzler21 said:

Was it that Cersei is Pregnant or that she would allow the mountain to kill him... or that he does not want to believe what she has become.

Any way about it, I feel Jamie will re-unite with Tyrion and let the Targaryen army know what Cersei is up to.

Has anyone questioned whether Jaime and Cersei are Targaryen or even part? Would certainly be an interesting twist and would explain the Targaryenesque incestuous nature they have.

It was almost certainly that he didn't believe she would kill him. I thought the scene was a little unclear, because she gives the nod and The Mountain goes for his sword, then he says "I don't believe you" - so I didn't understand why The Mountain didn't grab him, at least without Cersei saying "let him go".
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Dazzler21 said:

It was almost certainly that he didn't believe she would kill him. I thought the scene was a little unclear, because she gives the nod and The Mountain goes for his sword, then he says "I don't believe you" - so I didn't understand why The Mountain didn't grab him, at least without Cersei saying "let him go".
    This is the bit i didn't get as well. The mountain just let him walk past him.
  • Options
    My guess is that it went that way in the edit. I think they really wanted to push us into thinking he was about to die, then he calls her bluff on "nobody walks away from me". It was just odd that the Mountain knew what Cersei wanted without her saying it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have just paused and rewound sky plus to the point where you get an Arial view of the walkers going through the wall and see if there's a hidden wolf formation confirming that bran is the night king and I can't see it anyone else seen this
  • Options

I have just paused and rewound sky plus to the point where you get an Arial view of the walkers going through the wall and see if there's a hidden wolf formation confirming that bran is the night king and I can't see it anyone else seen this

It's just like the good old days of Basic Instinct on VHS isn't it?

Whatever gets you off mate, each to their own.
  • Options

Bran is definitely going to flee back north of the wall and live in a tree for thousands of years (telling somebody to build a wall).

It's like The Matrix.
  • Options

It's just like the good old days of Basic Instinct on VHS isn't it?

Whatever gets you off mate, each to their own.
    I admit, synchronized zombies is a bit niche.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Also, someone told me today that Season 8 isn't being released until 2019 - is that correct?

Yeah my money is on February 2019 at the moment.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I don't think anyone of them care that much about banging family to be honest

But with the wall falling like that does that mean my favorite wildling is dead

I am absolutely gutted it's now going to be months before it's on this is the first time I have had to wait

Things about to get real and I want thats slut Cersi to die horribly

He's not dead, if he was, we'd have seen it!
    Absolutely right - never, ever trust an off-screen death in a TV show! Except Stannis, that wasn't quite the same thing.

• Options
    I still can't see it

Others can