Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Standard Liege (page 12, rumours of new bid)

Comments

• Options

the womens team are doing well, just had a look on flash score for the kick off time for derby game tonight and noticed that the Standard Liege women's team are beating Cardiff in a champions League qualifier 8-0

Does the network extend to the ladies team?
  • Options

Drew 2-2 home to Westerlo

4 Mins 1-0 Westerlo
    16 Mins 1-1 goal from Louis
    34 Mins 2-1 Westerlo
    55 Mins 2-2 goal from De Camargo
    70 Mins Westerlo down to 10 men
    71 Mins Standard miss penalty
    83 Mins Standard Miss Penalty

I also notice Ajdarevic was not on the bench, he has been for the last few games not sure if he is Injured, Dropped or being sold

I would hope Ajdarevic might turn up in SE7 again as an alternative on the left and for dead ball situations...I know Peeters ruled him out initially but perhaps this changes after four league games...depending upon pursuit of other options?
  • Options
    I would like Ajdarevic back too. He added a touch of class last season and am sure he would again, especially with the new players.
  • Options

I would like Ajdarevic back too. He added a touch of class last season and am sure he would again, especially with the new players.

He would work quite well in the typical Jacko role I think. He had a good shot on him and was quite tricky, setting up some decent play.

Would certainly be nice to have another option on the bench, and a like-for-like replacement for when JJ needs a break/to begin in his place.
  • Options
    I liked Ajdarevic but I can't see him working in this system, doesn't have the work rate and natural fitness.
  • Options

I liked Ajdarevic but I can't see him working in this system, doesn't have the work rate and natural fitness.

I would've agreed, but Jacko demonstrated against Derby that there's still room for a midfielder who can do a simple job without too much running around. I can't remember what Ajdarevic was like tackling though..?
  • Options

Drew 2-2 home to Westerlo

4 Mins 1-0 Westerlo
    16 Mins 1-1 goal from Louis
    34 Mins 2-1 Westerlo
    55 Mins 2-2 goal from De Camargo
    70 Mins Westerlo down to 10 men
    71 Mins Standard miss penalty
    83 Mins Standard Miss Penalty

I also notice Ajdarevic was not on the bench, he has been for the last few games not sure if he is Injured, Dropped or being sold

Maybe he was in Burger King?

• Options
    2 Pen misses ! - Obviously we've got their regular pen taker now !
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Just seen the goal they conceded tonight, honestly thought YTU was in goal for a minute.

and a Player decided to swap shirts at HT, I would hate that if it was Charlton
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    From what I've seen so far, I don't think we would have any trouble beating Liege
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

From what I've seen so far, I don't think we would have any trouble beating Liege

I think RD has agreed by whats gone on lol
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Penalty 2-0 Zenit on the nght 3-0 on Agg, Standard need 3
  • Options
    3-0. Standard really look bad.
  • Options
    Poor Poor defending 3-0 on the night 4-0 on Agg Standard now need 4

oh and Zenit have been down to 10 men since the 43rd min
  • Options
    We have just been mentioned
    Ajdarevic has come on and commentators mentioned us
  • Options
    Finished, Standard unlucky to finish with 10 men as there was a covering defender, but not unlucky to lose, they were poor
  • Options
    Below poor, I would imagine that RD was embarrassed by that performance, could not see any of them getting into our team on that display.
  • Options
    Awful awful team
  • Options
    DOES THAT MEAN HE WILL HAVE TO START SPENDING ON THEM?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:

DOES THAT MEAN HE WILL HAVE TO START SPENDING ON THEM?

No chance, to make them a decent team it will cost more than he would get back, its not worth it, Charlton and the Premier League is where the money is, we know it and I am sure he does
  • Options
    Another defeat last night I see 5-3 at home to Oostende
    no wins since the 5th August now
  • Options
    I would not be so sure about the spending, I think we need a half decent SL, whilst Premeir League is the crown jewels it also costs a lot to get there, Champions League is in the short term possibly a better return, tough balancing act for RD and his companies.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

I would not be so sure about the spending, I think we need a half decent SL, whilst Premeir League is the crown jewels it also costs a lot to get there, Champions League is in the short term possibly a better return, tough balancing act for RD and his companies.

But they money he gets for Premier League is a lot more than Champions League, and as they proved this season Standard probably wont qualify for the group stage unless they win their league, RD is a businessman I am sure he has looked at it and knows the best thing for him is to get us promoted. I think thats proved by

Bulot- 26 Games last season for them now playing for us
    Buyens- 24 Games for them last season now playing for us
    suppose you could even add
    Ben Haim-10 Games last season for them now playing for us
  • Options
    Such muppets not qualifying last season, that extra 20 million would have been properly handy for our big push
  • Options
    1-0 up against Rijeka in their Europa League match Ciman a CB with the goal

YTU was on the bench but again no sign of AA
  • Options
    Other teams in their group are Seville and Feyenoord.
  • Options
    2-0 Araujo
    hectic 3 mins for him came on 85th minute, booked 86th, scored 87th
  • Options
    I would say the coach badly needed that win, after the weekend 3-5 fiasco.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    They were home to
    the team bottom of the table today
    2-0 up at half time
    then 2-1 after 68 mins
    Lierse down to 10 men on 74th minute
    Standard down to 10 men on 82nd minute Van Damme scorer of both of Standard's goals sent off
    90th minute 2-2 former Everton player Vellios with the goal

leaves them 8th 3 wins, 3 draws, 3 defeats, 18 goals scored, 18 conceded

tough game on Thursday away to Feyenoord in the Europa League who won 4-0 yesterday