Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Standard Liege (page 12, rumours of new bid)

Comments

• Options
    One of our Belgian lifers is a Lierse fan. @byl ? Apologies if I got the wrong one again. Would be interesting to hear from him. It's now common to hear Belgians say " the league starts in January" because of the rather odd structure of their playoff system. Let's hope RD agrees with that, for Luzons sake
  • Options

They were home to
    the team bottom of the table today
    2-0 up at half time
    then 2-1 after 68 mins
    Lierse down to 10 men on 74th minute
    Standard down to 10 men on 82nd minute Van Damme scorer of both of Standard's goals sent off
    90th minute 2-2 former Everton player Vellios with the goal

leaves them 8th 3 wins, 3 draws, 3 defeats, 18 goals scored, 18 conceded

tough game on Thursday away to Feyenoord in the Europa League who won 4-0 yesterday

A shame to see our feeder club having such a tough start to the season.
  • Options

One of our Belgian lifers is a Lierse fan. @byl ? Apologies if I got the wrong one again. Would be interesting to hear from him. It's now common to hear Belgians say " the league starts in January" because of the rather odd structure of their playoff system. Let's hope RD agrees with that, for Luzons sake

yes i'm a Lierse fan indeed, but at the moment life is not fun for a Lierse fan. Though a 90th equaliser after being 2-0 down at Standard Liège helps a bit :)

By the way both Peeters and Buyens came through the Lierse youth acadamy as a player. Romelu Lukaku as well but Anderlecht "bought him" when he was 14:(
  • Options
    @byl‌

Hope Lierse pick up. we know all about underage strikers being "bought". Jermain Defoe...

What's the general Belgian view of Standard so far. Crisis? or are they just sorting themselves out for a January push?
  • Options
    Bit worried Duchatelet might sell Jackson to Liege
  • Options

Bit worried Duchatelet might sell Jackson to Liege

"Sell"? Wouldn't it be a youth loan or something like that?
  • Options
    I'm hoping to tie a work trip to Brussels later this year to a Liege game. Thing is Liege cashed in on a hell of a lot of talent over the summer plus they have loaned us Buyens and now Bulot. From what I read it's all about finishing top six in the Jupiler league so the same challenge as us! I wonder who gets to secure targets in January?
  • Options
    lost 2-1 away to Feyenoord today

goal scored by Viera, leaves them 2nd in the group
  • Options
    Frank1898 said:

Rumour in liege goes, Bob Peeters might become the new standard liege manager if they lose against bruges this weekend.

Realistically , I can't see peeters wanting to go there nor katrien letting him go
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sammy391 said:

Frank1898 said:

Rumour in liege goes, Bob Peeters might become the new standard liege manager if they lose against bruges this weekend.

Realistically , I can't see peeters wanting to go there nor katrien letting him go
    Agree on the Peeters front. As for Katrien - don't think she would have much say seeing as RD is her boss.
  • Options
    #headsgoneifyoubelievethat
  • Options
    Frank1898 said:

Really did make me "lol"
  • Options
    Frank1898 said:

I wished I could lol more than once, there is more chance of me being the next Standard manager than Peeters leaving us for them
  • Options
    I lived in Brussels for a couple of (very boring) years. Liege vs London - Championship vs Jupiler (?) - having a laugh
  • Options
    Well he has only got 7 months left on his contract and despite a decent start, no sign of an extension. I wouldn't blame him for jumping ship :-)
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

Well he has only got 7 months left on his contract and despite a decent start, no sign of an extension. I wouldn't blame him for jumping ship :-)

Seriously

if he goes Standard it will be the same, he said that when he most managers there have rolling year contracts its how they do it as its beneficial to both parties, in respect of a payout if the manager resigns or gets sacked
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

No, I couldn't see any player or manager doing such a thing.
  • Options
    if RD says he goes, then he goes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why are we even talking about this, its not gonna happen, why would he take our manager away when we are doing so well

he has put money into the club and wants to get us promoted he aint then gonna suddenly send Bob Peeters to a struggling Standard
  • Options

DRAddick said:

Seriously

if he goes Standard it will be the same, he said that when he most managers there have rolling year contracts its how they do it as its beneficial to both parties, in respect of a payout if the manager resigns or gets sacked

No, not seriously. I would have thought the smiley face and the ridiculousness of the comment may have been a clue.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

DRAddick said:

Seriously

No, not seriously. I would have thought the smiley face and the ridiculousness of the comment may have been a clue.
    I would not of been surprised with some of the comments I have seen on here in the past week
  • Options

Frank1898 said:

I wished I could lol more than once, there is more chance of me being the next Standard manager than Peeters leaving us for them
    I know why would a Belgian manager want to manage one of the top Belgian clubs? Ludicrous.
  • Options
    I would have thought more likely Riga than Bob
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Today away to Club Brugge so was always going to be tough

11 mins-Standard down to 10 men Enoh sent off
    28 Mins-1-0 Brugge Penalty
    90 mins-Standard down to 9 men Louis sent off
    91 Mins-2-0 Brugge Penalty
    96 Mins-3-0 Brugge

Standard now down to 11 only 3 points above relegation
  • Options
    I think the owner should sell up while he can and concentrate on chasing the premiership millions. (ideally after BP has had the pick of their squad).
  • Options
    Bob peeters to liege then
  • Options
    Frank1898 said:

So when we expecting to lose Peeters then
  • Options

Frank1898 said:

So when we expecting to lose Peeters then
    Not until next summer, if at all.

It really hasn't been a great weekend for the network though. Sint Truiden also lost 3-0, to fellow promotion contenders, while Carl Zeiss Jena lost 2-0 at home in an important game. Alcorcon are now 2-0 behind an hour in. Ujpest did manage to win, also by the popular score line of 3-0, but they were against the team placed bottom of the table.

Our home draw doesn't seem so bad by comparison!!