Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oxford 0 - 3 (Three) Charlton - Post Match Views

Yes, you did read that right. Charlton Athletic won a cup game.

Clinical victory overcoming a potential banana skin at a time when the a depleted squad and manager were under growing pressure. We move on now to a difficult next round up at Huddersfield.

Look forward to hearing from those there tonight

Comments

• Well done cafc, same again Saturday please.
  • no one can moan about that surely
  • Don't bet on it
  • 1st 25 mins awful think we forgot wot colour we was in , once we went ahead we looked comfy job done lets move on .
  • JonnyK said:

Don't bet on it

"WHY DIDN'T POWELL BRING ON POYET TEN MINUTES EARLIER THAN HE DID??? SACK THE BOARD"

Huddersfield views: http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/88754/oxford-charlton
  • The Fa cup is ours
  • edited January 2014
    Awful and couldn't pass for toffee for the first 35 minutes first half and first ten minutes in the second.

Got slightly more confidence after the first goal.

Lots of mostly enjoyable songs.

• Slow start by us for the first 20 mins or so. Then Church made the first two goals with some quality hold up play. We then took over was passing with confidence kept the ball well for periods. 2nd half they really didn't have a sniff quality free kick from Yann to top it off
  • I'm sat on a coach leaving. Oxford were poor but that was a solid, professional performance from us. I'm not a Church fan but they were two great assists to swing the tie. The defence was solid and credit to Stephens for a great performance.

We had an older crowd today which was fun, very little "Since I was young" and what not. A few moments in the second half had me laughing, especially the aftermath of "If Pritchard scores then we're on the pitch."
  • Powelly's going wembley hes knees have gona all trembly...
  • Sponsored links:

• Huddersfield Town ‏@htafcdotcom 25m
    .@CAFCofficial have tonight been confirmed as #htafc's FA Cup Round Four opponent on Saturday; £10 adults & £5 concessions at the turnstiles
  • Huddersfield Town ‏@htafcdotcom 25m
    .@CAFCofficial have tonight been confirmed as #htafc's FA Cup Round Four opponent on Saturday; £10 adults & £5 concessions at the turnstiles

So bored of this fixture, such a boring place to go.

Good price point though.
  • did yann wave goodbye
  • did yann wave goodbye

Oh stop it please....

• We woooooon
    Yyyyeeeeeeeesssss@its a miracle
  • we will have to see weegie , you may be closer to him this time next week
  • Henry said Lennon was there who else would he be watching
  • Oxford got what they deserved after charging Addicks twice what Oxes (I assume that's they call their supporters) paid to come to the hallowed turf,
  • Henry said Lennon was there who else would he be watching

Morrow was linked with them
  • Adding to my original comment, we were comfortable after the second goal and started to pass more accurately - all confidence I guess.

Just a bit worried that for the best part of the first half we didn't have any ideas, shape and skill. Indeed after 'hoof' being ironically shouted for ten minutes, one led the first goal.

Enjoyed myself though, as my first away win since MK Dons 2010 I believe.
  • Sponsored links:

• we will have to see weegie , you may be closer to him this time next week

I really hope not...for all the right reasons!

• have to wait and see
  • Maybe Lennon was watching an Oxford player?

Does no one remember the four rules of FA Cup conspiracies from the Preview thread.
  • I knew that 63mins of non worry wouldn't last

I know scottish football is on it's arse but surely Celtic aren't after a league 2 player!

Does no one remember the four rules of FA Cup conspiracies from the Preview thread.

Watching Yann...
  • flew home , feel sorry for those behind cos looked like they were shutting turn off from M40 to M25

Oxford were proper crap as i thought and we were comfortable

loads of old songs and some new ones sung but 'wheels of the bus' is a bit backward

the Wilson song was sung when he was near us and he laughed and gave a thumbs up

he's better than Gus , he's better than Guuuus , Diego Poyet hes better than Gus ....

nice Kermo free kick but it was all a stroll in the park

Alnwick tried a couple of cute passes under pressure and fucked em up but got away with it

Harriott showed some tricks but lacks the composure to do the simple things

85% 4th round exit .... 15% to the 5th round and beyond .................

• BBC continues to have crap coverage. Their report talks about "Church was involved again when the hosts soon doubled their lead, as he squared for Green to tap in from three yards. "
  • Our cup runs continues.....

Can't believe we got further than Man United in the Fa cup this season.
  • Powell post match comments:

“Considering what we went through in the first game, I was very pleased with how we did in this one.

“Even though we had had a long trip to Middlesbrough last Saturday I thought the players put in a sterling effort.

“The goals came at the right time and I thought we were quite clinical tonight. I’m pleased with all aspects of our play and for our fans as well.”

“We do need some momentum and to instill some confidence in the side, and we’ll gain that tonight.

“Yann is our talisman in some respects and I was thinking of not playing him here. But he is so important to us.

“Simon Church, who is desperately chasing a goal, was very selfless for the second goal. He could have gone for goal but did the professional thing and squared it.”

“We’ve got another 10 days for transfers,” he said. “We definitely need some new players to help us stay in the Championship.

“The FA Cup’s much maligned, which is a disgrace really.

“We certainly treat the competition with respect and take it seriously, and I think the FA Cup could galvanise our season.”