Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton 2 - 2 Oxford - Post Match Thread

The Wembley dream continues :-)

Sounds like a dire first half and the a decent comeback. Look forward to hearing from those there

Comments

• Options
    It's a cup run!
  • Options
    Looks like the players are as excited by the prospect of another trip to huddersfield as the fans are!
  • Options
    we was rusty.
  • Options
    Song for 2nd leg: Are you Huddersfield in disguise?
  • Options
    What a pointless exercise, a trip to Oxford just so we can go to Huddersfield and lose 1-0.

Time for penalties, replays are ridiculous.
  • Options
    @CAFCTickets: Replay ticket details. Tues 21st Jan (7.45pm). Adults £19, Students £15.50, Over 65s & U16s £11.50, U7s free. Sales date to follow. #cafc
  • Options
    Quarter finals this year.
    ...live the dream
  • Options
    Not there but my first thoughts are that 2 - 2 at home to Oxford is not acceptable particularly given the reports on the match thread about the performance. A replay is an unneeded fixture. Those suggesting that SCP needs to impress the new owners will be happy. For me it's a bad start for him that he could do without.
  • Options
    Very poor performance. Their number 7 was the best player on the pitch with his positive runs. Nobody from our side comes out of that with any credit. Great play by Green for the equaliser but aside from that he was as bad as the rest. Hamer seemed to react slowly to their deflected first goal, Thuram starting to look like a good signing :-)

What has happened to Pritchard? One of my faves from last year but dreadful tonight and this season in general.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We need more depth to the squad. The fixtures are mounting up.
  • Options
    Will go to the replay but &19 for a Tuesday cup game is dear
  • Options
    NINETEEN QUID!
  • Options
    First half dire.

Second half only marginally better.

Didn't really deserve the draw.

Some absolute dog turd performances tonight.
  • Options
    The cup tie that never ends.
  • Options
    We were poor and lacked any urgency to want to win. Why can't these games go to a replay? Just an extra fixture neither side want.
  • Options
    So, we didn't lose then?

#justsaying
  • Options
    5,500 there tonight---well done to those that made the effort----the fans that is.

a dog turd of a season

playing for contracts with a new owner ??????????? do f--k off.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

NINETEEN QUID!

That was my thought! Sod that!
  • Options
    We will win the fa cup

...*gets coat*
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @RichCawleySLP: Powell: "Could be worse 45 since I've been manager here. Got to give them some credit - they showed a lot of courage."

This man no matter how bad it gets never disappoints. Appreciate the honesty.
  • Options
    Bend over and have pants pulled down and a red hot poker shoved up
    Ur a**e if ur willing to pay that!
    Piss takers after we charged them a tenner!

• Options

@RichCawleySLP: Powell: "Could be worse 45 since I've been manager here. Got to give them some credit - they showed a lot of courage."

Blimey, must have been bad if it was worse than 0-4 v Notts County!
  • Options
    The unbeaten run continues!!!!!!
  • Options
    according to the Oxford commentary team they are shocking at home...
  • Options
    The worst 45 minutes I have seen. Disgrace from all of them. Should be ashamed of that shit.
    Pritchard I don't know what to say. The worst out of the whole lot. Doubt we will ever see again after that.
  • Options

The worst 45 minutes I have seen. Disgrace from all of them. Should be ashamed of that shit.
    Pritchard I don't know what to say. The worst out of the whole lot. Doubt we will ever see again after that.

I was amazed Pritchard came out for the second half. The moment when the left back brushed him off the ball early in the second half was cringeworthy.

• Options

Blimey, must have been bad if it was worse than 0-4 v Notts County!
    It actually was! Notts County was just one of those days where every time they attacked, they scored. Today, we were dire all half and not much better in the second. Hopefully this will convince our new owner that we need some investment in the team!
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2014
    Oxford charging 19 for a mid week game is way too much. People may want to tick off one of the 92 stadiums but not that much.

At least Charlton didn't lose to league 2 team at home on a crap pitch after the postponements. Sometimes you got to keep the faith, even when things are looking pretty ropey. Charlton won't win the Cup and likely won't have much of a cup run, but I think that from here in, things will start looking up for the team and club particularly when we start to strengthen.

• Options
    Green changed the game surprisingly.Pritchard was beyond hopeless.