Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Serie A

Comments

• Options

Big game just started. Milan v Fiorentina

Fiorentina have started better so far. seems as if they've been told to shoot as soon as you get near the box.

Joe Hart had a pretty poor game earlier letting 4 in against Roma. he cant still be Englands no 1.

I watched Roma-Torino and, with the possible exception of the first, think it would be harsh to blame Hart for any of the goals. They were excellent!
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    the goals were good so i was being a bit harsh but he never seems to be able to get down quick enough. i remember when he was over here this being a problem.
    saw it on the European highlight show, they seem to suggest he's got a major problem with diving down to his left and that the Roma team exploited this by trying to always aim for the left hand side of the goal. think all 4 went passed him low on his left.
  • Options
    Undoubtedly one of the best live commentary programmes i've seen, smartly dressed men burst into fans. Forgot to post this earlier in the season, worth subscribing to their channel. You don't need to understand Italian to see who supports who and what happens....

https://youtu.be/TBBRYTWAs3s
  • Options
    Inter v Roma on BT.

Brilliant goal by Nainggolan, right foot shot on the run from outside the box, cutting in from the left.

Both teams are 5-4-1 to 3-4-3, so plenty of space to play and expecting a few goals. Roma look stronger going forward. Dzeko can isolate Medel and give Inter problems through the middle.
  • Options
    Bloody hell Nainggolan.
  • Options
    Another stunner from Nainggolan. Won the ball inside his own half, carried it across the halfway line and hit a 25 yarder into the top left hand corner on the run. 2-0 Roma.
  • Options
    Game on
  • Options
    Game over
  • Options
    What a cool penalty from Perotti - perfect !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good game. 3-1 to Roma in San Siro.
  • Options
    Atalanta continue. Now a win at Napoli. What a season.
  • Options
    Nainggolan's goals last night were delicious, such a brilliant player. 2 world class strikes win them the match which is testament as to how good he is.

For me, De Rossi, Strootman, Nainggolan and Perotti are one of the best selections in centre Midfield in club football.

Great to see Atalanta still pushing, have a soft spot for them after seeing them in November, Kessi is unreal.
  • Options
    Juve Napoli is a brilliant match so far. 1-0 Napoli. What a pass from Insigne.

Serie A is producing incredible young Italian players.

Donnarumma, Rugani, Romagnoli, Calabria, De Sciglio, Zappacosta, Chiesa, Gagliardini, Cerci, Moise Kean, Locatelli, Bennassi, Sturaro, Bernardeschi, Berardi, Insigne, Belotti and then you have Verratti over at PSG who will be back in Serie A this summer. Some class players coming through.
  • Options
    Out of interest,why will Veratti be back?

Would be a fair few quid and I doubt the qataris would want to see a man of his quality walking away.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Juve Napoli is a brilliant match so far. 1-0 Napoli. What a pass from Insigne.

Serie A is producing incredible young Italian players.

Donnarumma, Rugani, Romagnoli, Calabria, De Sciglio, Zappacosta, Chiesa, Gagliardini, Cerci, Moise Kean, Locatelli, Bennassi, Sturaro, Bernardeschi, Berardi, Insigne, Belotti and then you have Verratti over at PSG who will be back in Serie A this summer. Some class players coming through.

totally agree. if they can produce the way they play for their teams for the azzurri they're going to win a tournament in the next few years.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Out of interest,why will Veratti be back?

Would be a fair few quid and I doubt the qataris would want to see a man of his quality walking away.

I heard he is heading to Inter as the two Milan clubs are now also loaded. He also fell out with people at PSG as he wanted to leave. He has obviously got his head back down to play well over this season in order to get a move back to Serie A. Conte could also be going to Inter.
  • Options
    Also, my goodness are Juventus a good side. The way they turned that match around in the second half. They also beat Porto 2-0 away the other day without even breaking a sweat. I've said for a couple of years now that Dybala really is the real deal. That Juve defence too of Bonnucci, Barzagli and Chielini is unbelievable. If Juve played in the prem, they would win it by a country mile.
  • Options
    very competitive game between the rivals Lazio and Roma. Lazio won 2-0 in the first leg of the cup semi final. only a third full as the fans are boycotting due protests against the barriers in the ultra ends. Immobile did his usual, I like him but my god is he selfish. he's like a really good tony watt.
  • Options
    Do you really think Juve, Roma, Napoli, Barca, Madrid, Bayern, Athletico, would draw 1-1 at home to Bournemouth? The prem is dead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AC Milan v Chievo - Carlos Bacca with a penalty kick that makes Nicky Bailey's look close. I reckon it's in the top tier of the San Siro.
  • Options
    Chievo have an outfield player wearing no.1 on the back of his shirt, penalty scorer Jonathon De Guzman (ex Swansea). The only other team I can remember doing that is Argentina in the World Cup, who number their players alphabetically.

Massimo Gobbi is playing well at left back for Chievo. His name is obviously the Italian translation of Karl Robinson.

Milan 2-1 up, Bacca with a second.
  • Options
    Cacciatore is a quality right back aswell for Chievo.

Gutted for Roma, just when i was hoping they could reel in Juve for more pressure, they get beat by Napoli....but Mertrens could crack any team to be fair. Keeps the second place chase interesting.
  • Options
    Atalanta v Fiorentina on BT. Old School ground, with open terraces. Proper Italian atmosphere from the 80s & 90s. Atalanta doing well in 4th place. Not surprised judging from the opening half-hour. Very positive 3-4-3 system, as being used by Conte at Chelsea. DIsappointed Frank Kessie is suspended. Very highly rated apparently.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Chievo have an outfield player wearing no.1 on the back of his shirt, penalty scorer Jonathon De Guzman (ex Swansea). The only other team I can remember doing that is Argentina in the World Cup, who number their players alphabetically.

Massimo Gobbi is playing well at left back for Chievo. His name is obviously the Italian translation of Karl Robinson.

Gobbi is an insult often thrown at Juventus fans. It means hunchback, something considered lucky in Italy although I've also heard it's because Juve fans spend their days hunched over cars in the Fiat factories.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Atalanta v Fiorentina on BT. Old School ground, with open terraces. Proper Italian atmosphere from the 80s & 90s. Atalanta doing well in 4th place. Not surprised judging from the opening half-hour. Very positive 3-4-3 system, as being used by Conte at Chelsea. DIsappointed Frank Kessie is suspended. Very highly rated apparently.

Quality player, saw Atalanta v Roma in November and he was the man of the match in a midfield where he had to conpete with De rossi, strootman and Nainggolan....says it all. Loved the ground, was next to the Roma fans, electric atmosphere.

Roma will be kicking themselves, missed a chance to get a decent gap with Napoli and Juve dropped points aswell.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    RedPanda said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

Gobbi is an insult often thrown at Juventus fans. It means hunchback, something considered lucky in Italy although I've also heard it's because Juve fans spend their days hunched over cars in the Fiat factories.
    The "gobbi ladri" strike again. Ladri means thieves...
  • Options
    What a way to win a game :D
  • Options
    good blog on Italian football by an Englishman.

http://www.thegentlemanultra.com/
  • Options
    derby of the lighthouse is on tonight. Genoa v Sampdoria

should be a good game.