Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Serie A

Comments

• Options
    Another good goal. Fiorentina 3-2. 83 mins gone. As Napoli are playing three up front away from home, it ain't over yet. What happened to catenaccio & defensive Italian football? It's been end-to-end.
  • Options
    Pen to Napoli in the last minute. 3-3.
  • Options
    Good game. Chris Perry comes across well as the second commentator.
  • Options
    such a shame for Fiorentina but still a thriller of a game.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Good game. Chris Perry comes across well as the second commentator.

He does indeed.

That was a lot of fun, a great advert for Serie A. Nice to see Enrico Chiesa's son play as well.
  • Options
    Serie A is a better league than people make out.
  • Options
    Have to admit I barely follow Serie A, but when I've checked scores recently I've notice that there seems to be lots more goals than say 3/4 years ago. Is that the case?
  • Options
    I hadn't seen this thread before and have enjoyed reading. I'm half-Italian so have long followed Serie A, supporting Torino (like with Charlton, my dad's to blame!). A few similarities actually – shared 1940s heyday etc.

I echo the comments about Roma's Stadio Olimpico being worth a visit. I watched Torino lose 2-1 there a couple of years ago, and the atmosphere was immense. I was also lucky enough to do a study placement in Naples so saw a few Napoli games, including Porto and Swansea (Europa League) and Juventus (made the hatred at the Den last night seem tame).

It's quite surreal seeing nationals in this country suddenly writing match reports about Torino-Genoa, but as long as BT Sport continue to show lots of our games, I won't complain. We've been unusually good to watch over the last 3 or 4 seasons.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Early days but Milik at Napoli is looking the real deal - 2 first half goals against (a poor) Milan.

I'm aiming to do Napoli in a few months, they'll have Inter on Friday 2/12 then Benevento will be at home the Saturday. Getting around South Italy looks a right pain, though. For example Avellino is 35 miles from Naples yet takes a minimum of 2.5 hours by train.

Unfortunately this is spot on. I spent a year living in southern Italy, and public transport was one of the few things that didn't impress me. The main Tyrrhenian train line isn't bad (although high-speed only goes as far as Salerno, I loved the night train that goes all the way from Rome to Palermo, the carriages being pushed onto the ferry at Reggio Calabria so you don't even have to leave your bed). I think some of the trains along the Adriatic coast are decent (though haven't been). But apart from that there's barely anything, especially not coast to coast. I could give you plenty of other examples like the Avellino one. Palermo and Catania are 130 miles apart but 4-5 hours by train...
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

Have to admit I barely follow Serie A, but when I've checked scores recently I've notice that there seems to be lots more goals than say 3/4 years ago. Is that the case?

Definitely. Nowhere near as many dull games as there was in the past and off the top of my head, Roma, Napoli, Torino and Cagliari games almost always have at least 3 goals.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Super Coppa Italia now on SKY from Qatar?!? Juventus v AC Milan. That'll give the Premier League a few ideas.

Both teams at full strength and taking it seriously.
  • Options
    HT 1-1. Competitive game. Both sides putting their foot in. Two good goals, from a corner for Chiellini to put Juve in front & Bonaventura equalising with a good header. Reasonable atmosphere for a neutral ground. Looks like a few have travelled out from Italy.
  • Options
    FT 1-1. Extra Time. Good second half, spoilt by Gary Birtles co-commentary. He doesn't understand Italian football. The BT co-commentators are far superior. Shame SKY has this game and not BT.
  • Options
    So the Italian super cup final instead of being in Italy at the start of the season, is held midway through it, 2 days before christmas, in Qatar. Who came up with that brainwave?
  • Options
    Money making exercise for the Italian FA? I think it was in New York last year? I'm surprised the two clubs are taking it so seriously. I switched it on expecting a Charity Shield / Testimonial type game.
  • Options
    Well Milan are probably just keen to try and win something for a change. And they have a winter break after this anyway
  • Options
    I think France have their charity shield abroad too.

Can't be too long before our one is held in the US or Asia
  • Options
    They've had this fixture in China as well. Maybe the timing is because of Qatar and its summer temperatures.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Good second half, spoilt by Gary Birtles co-commentary.

Did Patrice Evra sleep with his wife or something?
  • Options
    Love a penalty shoot out
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watch Milan a fair bit. Still can't get my head around a keeper playing 50 odd games for a club of that stature months before his 18th birthday
  • Options
    That ain't no Charity Shield game Bruv.

Milan celebrated that penalty shoot out win like it was the Champions League.
  • Options
    Milan are a team on the way back up. Especially if they can get Verratti and Darmian once the Chinese takeover goes through.
  • Options
    back after the winter break this weekend.

game on in a bit (not live on tv) with Empoli V Palermo near the bottom of the table. 6 pointer as they say.
    Palermo make our managerial changes seem quite conservative. had 9 in the last season and a half.

later Samps are heading down to Napoli. Got to be a few goals in that.
  • Options
    Napoli v Samp has started well. Napoli look dangerous on the break. Napoli in a 4-1-2-3 with Mertens as CF. Samp in a 4-4-2.Diamond. Stewart Robson is a good co-commentator. Knows his stuff.
  • Options
    94th minute winner for Napoli. They love a goal celebration in Italy.
  • Options
    going to be a hectic and heated game between Fiorentina and Juventus. the boys of viola starting well having hit the post already. hope they can beat juva just to open the league title up a bit if nothing else.
  • Options
    I'm gutted Buffon got rid of his 'tache so swiftly.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    just for you redpanda

image" />
  • Options
    Forza Viola