Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reading v Charlton post-match views 2013

Disappointing. But seems that we threw everything we had, but we just weren't good enough on the night.

Talking points: Penalty should have been given. Substitutions were made.

Well done to those that made the trip up. Sounds as though you were vocal throughout and I'm sure you'll give a fresh perspective.

Comments

• Options
    This is what happens when you don't have a goalscorer in the team, church will give it his all for the shirt but is poor when it comes to scoring. Nothing we can do but get behind the boys every game and hopefully get a string of decent results
  • Options
    No goal threat church has had a few chances like the 1 tonight and he just doesnt seem to take em my son kicks the ball harder ,the mans an international ffs.
  • Options
    Hurry up and buy us
  • Options
    If the penalty gets given (and possibly their fella gets sent off) then it's a different game.

But that's football.
  • Options
    Even after the final whistle you could still hear them singing. I hope every single player went over there at the end.

So frustrating. Sounded like we really stepped up second half. The lack of goals is getting a serious crisis.

21st, yet if we had won tonight we would have been 15th
  • Options
    Sounds like we gave it a go but again we didn't get many shots on target. Unless we improve our strike force in January we will go down as at the moment it isn't good enough.

• Options
    yes, we would be play offs with a goalscorer - but also the delivery needs to be better. Having said that, our strikers don't know where they have to be to make the most of crosses. We are too easy to defend against, and despite being competitive everywhere else- we are in trouble. The problem is that the next development could be that the general performance levels dip!
  • Options
    Someone sign a takeover contract please!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    No doubt we have a real fight on our hands. We have a decent midfield and defensive base but clearly struggle up front. We are not getting well beaten which suggests we are not that far away in terms of quality. Unfortunately we have no real depth to the squad so it is up to these players and management team to sort it. We've had tough times before and come through them. My current fear is that, with the unsettling situation behind the scenes this may be a battle that will ultimately prove beyond us.
  • Options
    Did not go but can take positives from what i heard and read about the game. The 3rd 6 pointer of the season for us on Saturday. We beat Doncaster and Birmingham. Need to beat Yeovil.

In Powell I still trust
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    boogica said:

No goal threat church has had a few chances like the 1 tonight and he just doesnt seem to take em my son kicks the ball harder ,the mans an international ffs.

Well, he plays for Wales anyway! Does that count?

• Options
    Must put more pressure on owners to sell surely, they can't be interested in owning a League 1 club again if they don't even want a Championship one.

Scores could not have been worse for us tonight. Let's hope Yeovil are as bad as Donny were at The Valley, but I doubt it sadly.

Thought Church's agent said he would score 30 a season if he was played! Lol
  • Options
    Gave it a go for last 20 mins, formation is all wrong Yann needs to be last man up top, not playing in hole. Stewart looked better when he swapped wings, get the same feeling at the moment as I did last time we went down. Their wasn't any belief until the subs. Fans were top drawer.
  • Options
    The difference is all the team's below us have added a good loan striker and they all scored tonight
    We could play for a week and won't score
    Good possession and play and gave it a good go in the second half etc
    Count for nothing when u lose
  • Options
    Did not go but can take positives from what i heard and read about the game. The 3rd 6 pointer of the season for us on Saturday. We beat Doncaster and Birmingham. Need to beat Yeovil.

In Powell I still trust
  • Options
    Fans sounded great though
  • Options
    You want 100% but limited player at the centre back not up top. Dont think sordell is the answer necessarily and I respect church for the effort he puts in but he isn't Championship imho.

We could be in trouble.
  • Options
    Sounds like they did everything but score. The book says 1-0 Reading though.

Massive six pointer on Saturday at Yeovil. WE MUST NOT LOSE.
  • Options

boogica said:

Well, he plays for Wales anyway! Does that count?

U r probably right but so does bale ?
    Works hard but just struggles to find the back of the net honestly believe unless this changes we are gonna be in for a real battle to stay up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One of those where you walk away feeling absolutely gutted! Nothing goes our way at the moment and am wondering where a goal is going to come from. Quality support from ours! Bottom 3 on Saturday for us I`m afraid!
  • Options
    We are going to need a big away following for the Yeovil match , its become a massive game now.
  • Options
    To be fair sordell looked very sharp
  • Options

To be fair sordell looked very sharp

He is shite
  • Options
    We're in trouble when we start playing poorly then...
  • Options
    Ok son LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Four defeats in the last five looks like a crisis - but as I think AFKA pointed out, we're only six points off Backburn in 13th place. A run of three consecutive wins and we are smiling again in mid-table.

But can anyone see us winning three on the spin? With our inability to score it's very hard to imagine it happening.
  • Options
    As said above Reading and Yeovil (and previously Brum) added loanees to their squads. Powell wanted to but wasn't backed.

Others will point to "sack the manager and you win" but its the lack of loan strenghtening that is hurting us.

Sounds like we went for it but just couldn't get the clear cut chance.

Despressing and heaps pressure on for the six pointer at Yeovil. I'll be there, Up the Addicks
  • Options

We are going to need a big away following for the Yeovil match , its become a massive game now.

Well I'm going and will be lagging hit Yeovil at 11.20