Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    Oh and Fallen grapevine (apa)
    Good stuff
  • Options

Craft beer rising would be good, even if they do seem a bit casual with the term ‘craft’
  • Options
    Very sad to see that the Suffolk cider makers Aspalls have sold out to Molson Coors after almost 300 years as a family business.
  • Options
    New Alehouse ladies and gents.I am sure there will be a few lifers in there after the Plymouth game, if on.
    I will steer clear of the Russian Imperial Stout, in case my feet get stuck to the floor.
    https://www.thekentishbelle.co.uk/
  • Options
    Good choice of beer at the ‘Deptford Craft Beer Feast’, just by the railway station - open until 9:00pm tonight. A nice vibe - and near the’Dog &Bell’

http://www.deptfordmarketyard.com/deptford-craft-beer-feast/
  • Options
    I've been buying limited edition Greene King heritage beers, only available in Teco at £1.75 for a full pint bottle. Either at 5% or 6.5%, they are very decent beers indeed. From their website:

Two limited edition premium beers, Heritage Suffolk Pale Ale (5%) and Heritage Vintage Fine Ale (6.5%), have been lovingly created using East Anglian Chevallier malted barley. Reintroduced two years ago by local maltster, Crisp Malt, five preserved Chevallier seeds were re-sown and crops harvested to create the volume required to replicate a traditional Greene King real ale from the 1800s.

Inspired by a recipe from the brewery archives, the Heritage Series beers are bottle conditioned premium ales, that are typical of the taste of ales consumed in rural Suffolk in the early 1800s.

With both ales brewed from the Chevallier malted barley, Suffolk Pale Ale uses Saaz and Strisselspalt hops to give the brew a refreshing flavour. Herbal, citrus, floral and spicy notes add to the sweet malt taste for a more easy drinking heritage ale.

Vintage Fine Ale is a rich, flavoursome beer, enhanced by biscuity notes from Amber malt with a hint of caramel. Classic English late hopping varieties Fuggle, Bramling Cross and Goldings add soft fruits, floral and spicy notes to create this rich, complex and full-bodied Vintage Fine Ale.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Tried a few of these on Friday night in my local and had a taster of each of the top two. Blow your socks off...but so would the price.
  • Options

Tried a few of these on Friday night in my local and had a taster of each of the top two. Blow your socks off...but so would the price.

That board is great. One of the things I love about beer is the variety of different ones to try. I'd like to think I'm pretty well experienced as a beer drinker yet I've never heard of any on that list (though I have heard of the Wantsum Brewery).

Imagine being into fizzy factory brews, if you'd tried three different ones you be considered a well travelled connoisseur.
  • Options

Whats the name of the pub?
  • Options
    Stig said:

I can't really say because I've never been to the Opera House in Tunbridge Wells, but it is a bit like this:

Marks Hall (13 of 13)" />

Was in here before the Colchester FA Cup game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had a lovely Sierra Nevada pale ale in the KX station bar a few weeks back.

At £6.25 I was bloody glad I enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

The weaker ones are quite reasonable.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Riviera said:

BUT....what's the name of the pub, or is it one of those trendy new type of micro pub that seem to be popping up all over the place.
  • Options

Riviera said:

BUT....what's the name of the pub, or is it one of those trendy new type of micro pub that seem to be popping up all over the place.
    It's this place https://thewightbear.co.uk

Yes it's a micropub, literally at the top of my road. It was an old greetings card shop to give you an idea of size.

Been open about 3 years maybe. Trendy it ain't! They even let me in there. I now have this place, another micropub/brewer just opened up this month (bearded hipster central at the mo') and a Brewhouse & Kitchen (stuff brewed on site there is rubbish tbf but very decent otherwise) all within a few hundred metres of home.

If ever we end up in the same division as Bournemouth...I know, I know stop laughing...we are much better served for decent beer than the last time we played them.
  • Options
    Nice one @Bournemouth Addick ...I know the guys at Bad Seed brewery...based up in Malton, Nth Yorlks...they have some great brews...but that board is ace...if that pub was at the top of my road (I have the River Ale House at the bottom of my road instead, so no keg beers), I'd be in there all the time... Enjoy.
  • Options
    tiny rebel - stay puft marshmallow porter - v tasty
  • Options
    Hop stuff DDH -Double dried hops with some citrus notes.
    Packing a punch at 7% but deceitfully light.
    Lovely stuff.
  • Options

tiny rebel - stay puft marshmallow porter - v tasty

One of my favs!

Chocolate Stay Puft is even better!

Imperial Puft is worth a try too if you like it a bit stronger!
  • Options

Nice one @Bournemouth Addick ...I know the guys at Bad Seed brewery...based up in Malton, Nth Yorlks...they have some great brews...but that board is ace...if that pub was at the top of my road (I have the River Ale House at the bottom of my road instead, so no keg beers), I'd be in there all the time... Enjoy.

I tried the Bad Seed one as well. It was was fine but nothing special to me but my mate loved it. Probably been a bit spoilt for choice of quality beers!

Of that lot I'd recommend the Wantsum ruby beer but as @Stig says there's so many breweries out there these days there's something for everyone.
  • Options

I tried the Bad Seed one as well. It was was fine but nothing special to me but my mate loved it. Probably been a bit spoilt for choice of quality beers!

Of that lot I'd recommend the Wantsum ruby beer but as @Stig says there's so many breweries out there these days there's something for everyone.
    Wantsum brewery are excellent and one of our top breweries at The Long Pond.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was drinking Belhaven Twisted Grapefruit IPA in a boozer in Paris over the weekend......very nice.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Meanwhile, in America, a new trend emerges, then quickly dies, presumably.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I can only imagine it was seven shades of vile...

(Still might try it at the next party I go to....)
  • Options
    Like tiny rebel

If you can get your hands on vibrant forest beer do
    Excellent
  • Options

That's the snakebite that is marginally worse that being bitten by a snake
  • Options
    Halfway House micro pub in Halfway Street sidcup is open now. Went to Kentish Belle on Pickford lane on Monday. Very pleasant and would go again.
  • Options
    I

Halfway House micro pub in Halfway Street sidcup is open now. Went to Kentish Belle on Pickford lane on Monday. Very pleasant and would go again.

Is that the one by the co-op?
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

That's the snakebite that is marginally worse that being bitten by a snake
    and they have the cheek to put it in a Guinness glass!
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Did you try any from the Wantsum Brewery in Canterbury?
    Its a good pub the Wight Bear.