Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most disliked or unfunny comedians

Comments

• Options
    Ah, balls. We can't even quote Stewart Lee properly.

'I dunno know if you've heard of that Al Qeada that they've got now.'

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Dave2l said:

The killer question, he's not registered as a comedian, but, Do you find Clarkson funny?

Sorry Dave, but just in case the last six hours of silence haven't screamed out the answer to you I'll tell you straight: No, the reason Clarkson's not 'registered as a comedian' is because he's not funny. He has standard set of three joke-formulas which he uses again and again ad-nauseum. Once you've worked that out, you'll know that he's about as funny as having a stickleback forcibly inserted into your japs-eye (for the uninitiated, the stickleback comment is a re-working of one of Clarkson's three formulas). What he does have going for him is a convincing delivery. He sounds like he's saying something funny; in fact he's so convincing that I honestly believe that he thinks he's funny. No-one could bluff like that. Alas, once you understand the script, you realise that it's the same old stuff over and over and over again. I can say without any fear of contradiction that the only time Jeremy Clarkson was funny, was when he was the subject of a Stewart Lee sketch. Which reminds me I've just seen Stewart Lee taking his son to school on the 470 bus, he looked depressed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgABbHPdwH4
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Not to piss on your parade boys, but it's These days.........................

Good comedy is always mosquitoed.

• Options
    Stig said:

Dave2l said:

The killer question, he's not registered as a comedian, but, Do you find Clarkson funny?

Sorry Dave, but just in case the last six hours of silence haven't screamed out the answer to you I'll tell you straight: No, the reason Clarkson's not 'registered as a comedian' is because he's not funny. He has standard set of three joke-formulas which he uses again and again ad-nauseum. Once you've worked that out, you'll know that he's about as funny as having a stickleback forcibly inserted into your japs-eye (for the uninitiated, the stickleback comment is a re-working of one of Clarkson's three formulas). What he does have going for him is a convincing delivery. He sounds like he's saying something funny; in fact he's so convincing that I honestly believe that he thinks he's funny. No-one could bluff like that. Alas, once you understand the script, you realise that it's the same old stuff over and over and over again. I can say without any fear of contradiction that the only time Jeremy Clarkson was funny, was when he was the subject of a Stewart Lee sketch. Which reminds me I've just seen Stewart Lee taking his son to school on the 470 bus, he looked depressed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgABbHPdwH4
    Yeh He just takes the p*ss out of James may in a show off sad kind of manner. I think he would actually have the front to do stand up but the crowd full of pro Clarksons would laugh at anything.
    I do love top gear though.
  • Options
    No doubt he would have the front to do it.
  • Options
    Him and piers morgan hate each other but they are almost the same person.

British ego wars.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Aren't you in it? Next time you see him give him a slap

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Stig said:

You're ACTUALLY the Stig aren't you stig?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    So very suprised different people like different comedians - who would have thought it ;-)
    I really like Dave Gorman. And Mark Thomas.
    But,
    Lee Nelson, Hart, Patrick bloody Kielty and Sue Perkins somehow irritate me when all they are trying to do is make people smile.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jo Brand can do one and she supports Palace. But the most irritating sweaty bellend out there has to be Lee Evans.
  • Options
    SMW28 said:

Jo Brand can do one and she supports Palace. But the most irritating sweaty bellend out there has to be Lee Evans.

Lee Evans was wearing the No.20 shirt for AFC Bournemouth on Tuesday night, anyone else notice?
  • Options
    Stig said:

Which reminds me I've just seen Stewart Lee taking his son to school on the 470 bus, he looked depressed.

And fat.
  • Options
    couldnt find a comedian thread but went and saw roy chubby brown at the orchard last night thought he was great, who the fuck is alice was quite loud, not bad for a 71 year old.
  • Options
    Jim Davidson - manages to be both unfunny and offensive
  • Options
    Roland duchatalet
  • Options
    Caught up with episode 4 of the latest series of Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle last night. The Rod Liddle stuff had me crying with laughter...
  • Options
    Simon Donald. Saw him once at the comedy club in Greenwich. Thought it was going to kick off he was so shit. Stick to the drawings fella.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Caught up with episode 4 of the latest series of Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle last night. The Rod Liddle stuff had me crying with laughter...

I think the first of series three was fantastic throughout, one of the best half hours of intelligent comedy I've ever seen. Shilbottle/shitbottle. Twinned with Bouteille de Merde France.....
    And Scheiseflasche Germany
  • Options
    I 'dont get' Stewart Lee at all. His voice and his comedy sends me to sleep. Feel like i'm being lectured rather than entertained.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I 'dont get' Stewart Lee at all. His voice and his comedy sends me to sleep. Feel like i'm being lectured rather than entertained.

I can see why he might not be everyone's cup of tea Gary. But every one of his shows has at least one "gag" in it that has me roaring with laughter.
  • Options

Redskin said:

Miranda Hart's an actress not a comedian.

Billy Connelly - tempted to throw in a tasteless quip similar to his own concerning that hostage, but I won't.

Lenny Henry - never funny save his Othello which was hilarious.

Call her whatever you like she's still shite.
    JiMMy 85 said:

Dara O'Briain. The man cannot deliver a joke without using "EEEERRRRRR" at the end of it. Once you notice, you won't be able to handle him either. Plus three mates have all said he's a total arse to work with.

Put him in a wooden box with that obnoxious twat Lee Mack and hand me the nails.

Agree about Dara o'briain...that errrrr does my head in. It's almost has if he never finishes a sentence.

Disagree about Lee Mack tho, I find him hilarious sometimes.
    Lee Mack is one of the funniest comedians of all time imo. Razor sharp, a bit like me good self I like to think
  • Options
    Russell Kane.

Not clever, not funny.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Victoria Wood

James Corden

Oh yeah and Russel Howard.

Actually to be fair I'd struggle to name more than a couple of funny women.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited April 2016
    Patrick Kielty
    Jo Brand
    Russell Brand
    Stewart Lee
  • Options

I
    And Greg Davies. We get it, you are tall. Well done you

Green eyed monster?
  • Options
    Nick Helm
  • Options

Redskin said:

Miranda Hart's an actress not a comedian.

Billy Connelly - tempted to throw in a tasteless quip similar to his own concerning that hostage, but I won't.

Lenny Henry - never funny save his Othello which was hilarious.

Call her whatever you like she's still shite.
    JiMMy 85 said:

Dara O'Briain. The man cannot deliver a joke without using "EEEERRRRRR" at the end of it. Once you notice, you won't be able to handle him either. Plus three mates have all said he's a total arse to work with.

Put him in a wooden box with that obnoxious twat Lee Mack and hand me the nails.

Agree about Dara o'briain...that errrrr does my head in. It's almost has if he never finishes a sentence.

Disagree about Lee Mack tho, I find him hilarious sometimes.
    Lee Mack is one of the funniest comedians of all time imo. Razor sharp, a bit like me good self I like to think
    Please, please tell me you were being ironic.
  • Options
    Sean Lock
    Alan Davis
    Phil Jupitus
    Chris Addison
    Gina Yashere
    Russell Howard
    Marcus Brigstocke
    Andy Parsons
    Johnny Vegas
    David Mitchell
  • Options
    Saw Jo Brand filming Live At The Apollo. Absolutely awful and she was off early as it was so bad. Fair play to Russell Howard, he came on and did an extra twenty minutes and was excellent. Not someone I would normally watch but did a blinder that night.

Another that I've seen live who I wasn't sure about was Al Murray in a warm up to his tour a few years back. He did about 45 minutes just playing off the audience in the first half. Absolutely brilliant.