Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Middlesborough 2013 Post-match news & Views

was it as bad as Emma sounded? Just tell it as it was.

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2013
    If we continue as we are, we will end the season with zero points.
    Luckily it's very unlikely. I also doubt we will be as poor as those first two games sounded going forward.

I do however agree 4-4-2 is antiquated.
  • Options
    Absolute dross. Midfield were beyond useless.
  • Options
    Chris Powell's got a job on his hands after losing the first two games. Thank god he is the man to do it.
  • Options

I did not go to the game today but your not the only one saying about the midfield. It was the same against Bouremouth away.

• Options
    Posting on the train back.

Very, very poor.

Awful goal and no bright spots. The Boro fans on the train can't believe how poor we were

Danny Green is nicking a living as a footballer.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    We're only 4pts of the play offs..

Unfortunately, we seem to be wasting a fairly easy start to the season (on paper). We have to get some points from the upcoming games at Barnsley and home to Doncaster.

I'll be panicking if we don't.
  • Options
    We need a CM badly. Someone who can take the game by the scruff of the neck.

Think CP might look to get a loan in this week.
  • Options
    Very poor today, Dervite excepted. Even Solly, Wiggins and Kermorgant were off the pace. Still not convinced by Gower and Green showed why Pritchard is a better bet on the right of midfield. Don't think he beat his man all day and his set pieces were poor. What was Hamer doing for the goal?!
  • Options
    Didn't go but just listening to soccer saturday this afternoon and looking at the creativity in sides like QPR, Watford, Bolton, Reading, Forest, even Ipswich and Derby. Who do we have? it's been our problem for a long time and it's why we struggle at home. We have no one to unlock a defence.
  • Options
    We don't have a midfield. We either throw the kids in and hope for the best or we stick with a static midfield for the season.

Can't see us getting funds from the shysters on the board to sort out the driving midfielder situation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton 0-1 Middlesbrough - Called it in the predictions thread as well.... not overly bothered by a minor loss as this.

We will improve.
  • Options
    I was unable to go today. Anyone tell me how many shots we had on target.
  • Options
    Poor all round, not much credit to give. Stephens for pushing us forward a bit?
  • Options
    The whole striking problems over the summer have taken people's minds from the fact that our midfield needed strengthening as well.

A good CM is in need desperately.
  • Options
    Green is stealing a wage.
  • Options
    21st will be a success this year. Mid table is a pipe dream with our midfield. Gower is too slow and old, and Jacko (whilst clearly not fit) is too slow to play alongside him. On that second half showing, Stephens needs to be in there.But we needs two strong cm's in sharpish. Next two are more winnable on paper. 4 points is a must. They were far too good for us man for man today. Amazing the comments they got in the match preview. Some top top players in their team. Oh, and the golden boys Solly and Kermo were cack. They cant be immune to criticism.
  • Options

The whole striking problems over the summer have taken people's minds from the fact that our midfield needed strengthening as well.

A good CM is in need desperately.

Agree a Shelvey type player would be useful.
  • Options
    WSS said:

We don't have a midfield. We either throw the kids in and hope for the best or we stick with a static midfield for the season.

Can't see us getting funds from the shysters on the board to sort out the driving midfielder situation.

WSS said:

Our whole midfield is awful. Slow, lethargic.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Charlton 0-1 Middlesbrough - Called it in the predictions thread as well.... not overly bothered by a minor loss as this.

We will improve.

Well we can't get much worse.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

We will improve.

Well we can't get much worse.
    Exactly...

"Things can only get better..... "

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought Gower was decent to be honest, dropped back and looked to get the ball and move it on. Cannot really blame him that A: Morrison in particular never looked to pass to him, B: when he had the ball there was no movement from anyone.

Im one of Stephens biggest critics, but think he looked decent when he came on, and we could have gone 1 up. However Hamer had a moment of madness and the game turned out different.
  • Options
    I seem to remember this whole midfield conversation taking place last summer and then into the 2012/13 season without ever really getting resolved.
  • Options
    The malaise running through the Club is spreading to the team. Sordell is cack. Just hope he doesnt have to play.
  • Options

Green is stealing a wage.

So is gower
  • Options

Agree completely, it's the area of big concern now - our defence is decent, I like the look of Church and think Sordell would do well with any sort of service, but if we can't ever get the ball to play, we're going yo have a lot of toothless performances like that.
  • Options
    Poor display, need to get in a midfielder in quick, Green was poor but so to was Kermongant and i thought Sordell was unlucky to be subbed. Gower tired quickly in second half and was at fault for there goal. Midfield? what midfield have to go back to 4-5-1 which wont please either kermy or Sordell.
  • Options

The malaise running through the Club is spreading to the team. Sordell is cack. Just hope he doesnt have to play.

Please explain to me why you think Sordell is cack?
  • Options
    Everyone was awful. Even Kermorgant and Solly. I thought Gower was absolutely useless.

Their keeper barely needed to be there.
  • Options
    Gower was abysmal.

Both of our full backs were poor today.

Why can't Powell tell the rest of the players to get the ball to Harriott ?
  • Options
    Wilson, Pritchard, Jackson and Hariott would be my choice for now - best of a bad bunch.

Assuming Hughes isn't fit.