Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann Kermorgant

Comments

• Options
    Bikey vs Yann would have been incredible to see. Bigger tussle than most heavyweight boxing matches.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Bikey vs Yann would have been incredible to see. Bigger tussle than most heavyweight boxing matches.

''Floats like a Ben Haim, stings like a Bikey."
  • Options
    Am I right in saying that Donaldson of Birmingham gave bikey a tough time on Saturday. I know that Donaldson is not one of the best forwards in the championship but I thought he have as good as he got.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Just scored a penalty to put Bournemouth 3-2 up against Brighton

EDIT: Yes I have just put it on here just to see the responses, Poyet not being spoken about anymore so decided it was Yann's time
  • Options
    Yann :(:(:(:(:(:(:(
  • Options
    Tucadean is a poor man's Kermorgant. So poor that if Ed Milliband saw Tucadean he would give him 2 pence
  • Options

Yann and Igor would be a fantastic partnership.

A lower prem partnership
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's the only man I'd marry
  • Options

Like Jason and Kylie?

• Options

Still love him!

Move on!!!
  • Options
    Yawn, Kermorgant more like, give it a rest you freaks
  • Options

Still love him!

Is that you, Simon ?

• Options

Like Jason and Kylie?

As in Euell and Dean? Great days!

;-)
  • Options
    One of the things i notice is that Howe doesnt use Yann in the same position as Chrissy used to - he uses him in the 'hole' between midfield and forwards - i always thought he would be better suited there rather than as a out-and-out front man - one of the things often overlooked was that he was very good on the deck too.
  • Options

One of the things i notice is that Howe doesnt use Yann in the same position as Chrissy used to - he uses him in the 'hole' between midfield and forwards - i always thought he would be better suited there rather than as a out-and-out front man - one of the things often overlooked was that he was very good on the deck too.

It's where he used to naturally drop back for us anyway. He was never an out-an-out front man.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Tucadean is a poor man's Kermorgant. So poor that if Ed Milliband saw Tucadean he would give him 2 pence

Poor man/rich man, George will never hold the ball up but has won 2 out of 5 games for us, Derby and Bolton.
    Should be the 3rd striker for CAFC. As Roland won't pay the right money for a hold up number 9 we better get used to seeing George, because since Yann, the options are weak for a championship strike force.

Norwich have 5, Bournemouth have 5, most champ teams have 4 strikers to chose from.

We seem like the poor Relations.

Huddersfield got Grant Holt in on Loan, and have picked up lots of points,
    do you think his wages are less than yann's ?

The modest Remit for Bob was not to be in the bottom 6, so he has done a great job so far but if Igor and JBG
    or the CB's miss too many games that's where we will be heading,

When the 1st eleven were on in the 2nd half we looked like a top 6 team,
    the 1st half more of a bottom 6 team.

That the risk we are taking, Love seeing the youngsters but they have to be ready.

• Options
    Who says Roland won't pay the right money?

Is it all Roland's fault?

What sort of pay demands are players making?

We were ready to pay a couple of million for Delort so the money is there.

Maybe Bob hasn't seen anyone that he fancies in the side?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iaitch said:

Also, while we may be wanting promotion at all costs now, because we have made an excellent start*, RD may be happy playing the long game and establish the new side this season and build for the next.

*4 points off second
  • Options
    We may be 4 points off second - but we are a mid-table team AT BEST.

Bmth game - we were average (at best).
    Bolton game - average
    Fulham game - poor
    S. Weds - average

Our early season opponents misjudged us and we picked up loads of points.
    Now, most teams have sussed our strengths and that we have a thin squad.
  • Options
    Could be worse. We could have Delort...................
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    iaitch said:

1. Yann said that in his interview (he failed the age test as well, 32) that RD would not reach his demands.

2.Roland's the boss, so he decides what to pay. (but if other champ sides do pay)

3. Most players and agents push it to the limit.

4.Good point from you on Delort, will pay a fee but not over the top or more than 1 agent fees.

5.Would think that Bob has told Katrien about a few player he wants but are outside the pay scale.

Think Kap 10 has nailed it with the long game quote, but you have to be careful while we are treading water,other team don't cruise on by.

• Options
    We are definitely good enough to be in the top ten.The tragedy is that with 2 more players,an attacking mid and a hold up forward, we would be good enough to be top 6.
    A relatively small amount of extra investment could be really transformative for the club ,it is not often you can say that.We may look back and see this 3 months to January as a big lost opportunity.
  • Options
    This is the wrong thread I know but I don't feel we are treading water at all. We are light years ahead of where we were just twelve months ago.
  • Options

I don't buy into this "our opponents now have us sussed" cobblers. We don't do anything outside the norms of football tactics. We picked up points because we were good enough to do so. Not great but good enough. Now that injuries and a suspension and a wobble in form have come along and they do come along for every team the points have slowed up. It's what happens. We do have a thin squad and not quality cover in every area and that will also play a part in our season. Yes possibly mid table at best but that's fine by me compared to the past few seasons.

Good point, Derby were top and now lost their last two, have they been 'sussed' out or just having a minor wobble.

Forest were flying at the start of the season and have now lost 3 out of four.

Bournemouth in a good run of form at present but who knows in a weeks/months time.

Whoever can be the most consistent in picking up points will get promoted.
  • Options

iaitch said:

1. Yann said that in his interview (he failed the age test as well, 32) that RD would not reach his demands.

2.Roland's the boss, so he decides what to pay. (but if other champ sides do pay)

3. Most players and agents push it to the limit.

4.Good point from you on Delort, will pay a fee but not over the top or more than 1 agent fees.

5.Would think that Bob has told Katrien about a few player he wants but are outside the pay scale.

Think Kap 10 has nailed it with the long game quote, but you have to be careful while we are treading water,other team don't cruise on by.

It's funny that though, considering he renewed jacko's contract and signed Ben Haim, bikey and now Onyewu, all in their thirties.