Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Colin Holland RIP (@cholland)

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Lovely post Simon, worthy of your Uncle's memory.
  • Options
    remember seeing colin on the train at many away games very nice man RIP
  • Options
    Lovely post Simon for a lovely man; my sypathies to all the family. If you feel it would be appropriate, would you please inform us of the funeral arrangements? (or whisper me details). Many thanks.
  • Options
    I've seen him at a few aways, looked like a nice bloke.

RIP in Colin you shall be missed by many.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Curb_It said:

A very familiar face. Shirty, Amos and Johnny I am sorry for the loss of your friend.

Did Colin drink in the Swan on match days at all?

RIP.

He did after matches since last season. It was Colin's idea that we go there as we had finally given up with the Oak. The fact we are still going to the Swan shows what a good call it was
    Funny isn't it. Recognise him from past away games and 'knew' him largely through the list, but I've chatted to him in the Swan before and never realised who he was. Just that he was Charlton.
  • Options
    Thankyou Simon, you have saved me from the heart wrenching struggle of what to write. Perfect words for a perfect man.
    After meeting and recently marrying your sister, Lucy Holland, I became one of the extremely fortunate ones to be associated with such a warm, caring, friendly, jovial man.
    With the hugely busy and hectic life that Uncle Colin led we never seemed to spend much time together. The way to find Uncle Colin was to find his love, either by visiting his boyhood home in Weymouth or the formiddale Valley.
    I am glad to say that we recently attended the drubbbing of Blackpool and realised why Uncle Colin loved the place/team/fellow fans so much. Reading these tributes has really brought home to my wife and I exactly what the loyal fans of Charlton really are about. Thankyou to you all for such lovely words.
    We would often sit and listen in awe of the great sporting occasions he had attended.
    Uncle Colin was an amazing man and one who leaves memories we will treasure forever.
    Hears to you Uncle Colin, rest in peace, Love Lucy and Martin Coote.

This is very heart warming as Colin's nephew and on behalf of the rest of Colin's family can I just say thank you to all the kind messages and thoughtful wishes for our family.
    CAFC gave Colin so much joy and was like a second family to him. His passion for the club and the great friends he made helped make him what he was. If anyone is bemused by a fanatical fans lifestyle then reading these pages would make most realise why fans do it and what a special club Charlton is. If I think of my Uncle Colin I think of Charlton Athletic and I think of Charlton Athletic I think of my Uncle Colin and that will never change.

Having a season ticket this season has given me the chance to experience being part of the Charlton family, also I took my nine year old daughter to her first match against Brighton and she is also now a fan. It meant a lot to me that she got to experience going to football with Uncle Colin before it was too late. A couple of days after she was born a parcel arrived when opened it looked like Uncle Colin had purchased the entire club shop stock of CAFC bibs and baby grows, that was Colin.

The last game he attended was Derby on the 29th and we made plans to meet for the FA Cup match on the 5th, the following week his health suddenly deteriorated and his suffering is now over.

It is often said no player is bigger than the club, but in my opinion some of the fans are pretty close to it and I think Colin was one of those.
    We are all left with wonderful memories of someone we will cherish in our hearts forever.
    Thank you to Charlton Athletic Football Club, and all your wonderful Supporters.

Simon Holland from West Sussex, Colin’s Nephew

• Options
    Such sad news. He was a lovely, friendly, smiley man who I had the pleasure to chat and drink with many times on the long train trips a few years back. RIP Colin x
  • Options
    RIP Colin.
  • Options
    Just been told that Colin's funeral will be at Eltham Crematorium on Tuesday 12th February at 12.30pm.

Two lovely posts from Simon & Martin above. Some great memories of one of life's good guys.
  • Options
    Received this Email today

"For those planning to attend Colin’s Funeral on Tuesday Feb 12 at 12:30pm

I have information from Colin’s brothers about the arrangements:

I have been told that Colin’s brothers do not intend to wear black tie and dark clothes and that it was Colin’s wish that the event not be overly solemn.

It is described as a celebration of the life of Colin Holland. There will be afters at The Millenium Room, Charlton Athletic Football Club, The Valley, Floyd Road, Charlton, London SE7 8BL. I’ve been told there is plenty of parking at both locations.

Should you wish to make a donation in Colin’s memory please make payments to:

Greenwich and Bexley Community Hospice (reg. charity no. 1017406)

c/o Dean Wilson Funeral Directors, 379 Well Hall Road, Eltham, London SE7 8BL

For those coming by car:

The Crematorium says not all satnavs recognise their postcode. The alternative is to use 104 Crown Woods Way as a satnav entry, which is the house opposite the entrance. Eltham Crematorium is off the A2,Rochester Way, but there is no access from the A2, you have to enter from Crown Woods Way (check your online maps for the best approach)."

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very sad. RIP
  • Options
    New Colin quiet well, seem to remember he had a flat at the top of Shooters Hill. Had no idea he d been so ill,
    Like Colin Cameron's funeral as I've moved away from the area I'm unable to attend as I would haved wished to,
    so regards to Clive and Alan Honey regards to both men.
  • Options
    An excellent obituary in today's Voice.
  • Options
    Just read Votv and instantly knew who Colin!

Always used to give him the nod at away games as you knew he was a fellow Charlton sufferer!

RIP Colin, Proper Charlton supporter.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

An excellent obituary in today's Voice.

Yes, lovely touch, Airman.

• Options
    Colin used to make me laugh with his tales of travelling to games from overseas work commmitments.
  • Options

Received this Email today

"For those planning to attend Colin’s Funeral on Tuesday Feb 12 at 12:30pm

I have information from Colin’s brothers about the arrangements:

I have been told that Colin’s brothers do not intend to wear black tie and dark clothes and that it was Colin’s wish that the event not be overly solemn.

It is described as a celebration of the life of Colin Holland. There will be afters at The Millenium Room, Charlton Athletic Football Club, The Valley, Floyd Road, Charlton, London SE7 8BL. I’ve been told there is plenty of parking at both locations.

Should you wish to make a donation in Colin’s memory please make payments to:

c/o Dean Wilson Funeral Directors, 379 Well Hall Road, Eltham, London SE7 8BL

For those coming by car:

The Crematorium says not all satnavs recognise their postcode. The alternative is to use 104 Crown Woods Way as a satnav entry, which is the house opposite the entrance. Eltham Crematorium is off the A2,Rochester Way, but there is no access from the A2, you have to enter from Crown Woods Way (check your online maps for the best approach)."

correct address for donations in Colin's memory

c/o Dean Wilson Funeral Directors, 379 Well Hall Road, Eltham, London SE9 6TY