Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Colin Holland RIP (@cholland)

Comments

• Options
    Recognise the fella from away matches - he always seemed to be there. I never met him personally, but the descriptions of him from those who know him paint the picture of a very unique, good humoured and interesting man and a truly nice person. Such a shame.

RIP.
  • Options
    Another face that will nolonger be seen.This has come as a shock to me .Always up for a chat and a beer over the years following Charlton all over the county.RIP Colin you will be missed.Thoughts go out to his family and friends.
  • Options
    Looks full of life in that photo and not too long ago either :-( Very sad. Condolences to his family and friends. RIP fellow Addick.
  • Options
    Sad news indeed. Only knew him in passing through Clive but was a genuinely nice man when I chatted to him at away games in the past.

RIP

• Options
    Very sad news. I will miss looking out for him at the Oval and will make a point to sit in his usual seat on my first visit next season. Bumping into him on an away trip was always part of the routine.
  • Options
    Just read about the news.
    Everyone who met Colin has made clear already that he was Charlton through and through and a nice bloke to boot. I echo those comments.
    Yet another familiar Charlton face that will be sadly missed.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    EDIT: Already posted
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    So sad, RIP
  • Options
    Will miss Him at CAFC & KCCC.
    God Bless.
    Paul.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP Colin.
  • Options
    RIP Colin Holland
  • Options
    Knew Colin from the days he worked at Morgan Grampian in woolwich. Lovely bloke. Very sad news.
  • Options
    Shocked to hear the news about Colin. Met him several times when I was a regular away traveller. What he didn't know about Charlton was probably not worth knowing about anyway. RIP Colin.
  • Options
    Sad news RIP Colin.
  • Options
    Always sad to here one of us passing. RIP fellow Addick
  • Options
    Knew Colin well. a lovely man. RIP Colin
  • Options
    Today was for you Colin
  • Options
    Hope you enjoyed that from the best vantage point in the house Colin! RIP.
  • Options
    Just seen the picture.

I didn't really know him by name, but saw him at many many away games over the years in the past and friends of mine knew him to talk to. Always seemed like a genuine and friendly bloke.

RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Today was for you Colin

Beat me to it, bb.

A good performance for a good man.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    This is very heart warming as Colin's nephew and on behalf of the rest of Colin's family can I just say thank you to all the kind messages and thoughtful wishes for our family.
    CAFC gave Colin so much joy and was like a second family to him. His passion for the club and the great friends he made helped make him what he was. If anyone is bemused by a fanatical fans lifestyle then reading these pages would make most realise why fans do it and what a special club Charlton is. If I think of my Uncle Colin I think of Charlton Athletic and I think of Charlton Athletic I think of my Uncle Colin and that will never change.

Having a season ticket this season has given me the chance to experience being part of the Charlton family, also I took my nine year old daughter to her first match against Brighton and she is also now a fan. It meant a lot to me that she got to experience going to football with Uncle Colin before it was too late. A couple of days after she was born a parcel arrived when opened it looked like Uncle Colin had purchased the entire club shop stock of CAFC bibs and baby grows, that was Colin.

The last game he attended was Derby on the 29th and we made plans to meet for the FA Cup match on the 5th, the following week his health suddenly deteriorated and his suffering is now over.

It is often said no player is bigger than the club, but in my opinion some of the fans are pretty close to it and I think Colin was one of those.
    We are all left with wonderful memories of someone we will cherish in our hearts forever.
    Thank you to Charlton Athletic Football Club, and all your wonderful Supporters.

Simon Holland from West Sussex, Colin’s Nephew
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Nice post Simon.
  • Options
    2003 and 2012
  • Options
    Top post Simon for a top man.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Very nicely written Simon, read with tears in my eyes.
    Going to miss Colin massively.
    God Bless.
    Paul.
  • Options
    A lovely tribute, Simon, to a lovely man.
  • Options
    sorry for your familys loss simon.

what a lovely heart felt post/message that is though, good luck to you all... Up The Addicks!