Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will they call Derby off? (9am - match ON, though concerns about later rain expected)

edited December 2012 in General Charlton
Light rain expected throughout the day and heavy rain during the night. Will they call it off? When will it be announced?

.......and what happened to "the Whale"?

Comments

• Options

Light rain expected throughout the day and heavy rain during the night. Will they call it off? When will it be announced?

.......and what happened to "the Whale"?

The Whale was a Premier League luxury

• Options
    We had this stupid talk for the last game as well. Of course it will be on.
  • Options
    Can't see any reason why it will be off.
  • Options
    Can't see it happening , but might do us a favour , rearrange it for the 1st of Feb, after we've stocked up with some super super players in the transfer window.
  • Options

Thats what they said to Noah

• Options
    Despite a lot of flooded roads locally, the pitch on Boxing Day was not even that wet ie no surface water whatsoever.
    There is no way it will be off, unless torrential rain starts about 1pm Saturday & continues until 3pm.
  • Options
    One game will be called off, why not us?
  • Options
    Could be called off, pitch wasn't in the best.of conditions tbh
  • Options

Is it too late to call off the Ipswich game and replay it in January, please?

• Options
    Just spoke with my pal at Derby. They're aware that there's a potential for the game to be off, with heavy rain forecast for lunchtime tomorrow. Fingers crossed...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pitch inspection at 9am tomorrow, would imagine its just a precaution based on the weather forecast
  • Options

Pitch inspection at 9am tomorrow, would imagine its just a precaution based on the weather forecast

I thought they inspected the pitch before every game whatever the weather?

• Options
    My sources have informed me that there is a growing concern... but surely a load of tarpaulin will do the trick!!
  • Options
    DRF said:

I thought they inspected the pitch before every game whatever the weather?

Dunno. Maybe.
    On the football league website it has a list of games with inspections or postponements and we are listed on there
  • Options
    24-hour forecasts are predicting a severe hangover, so a cancellation will be a right touch.
  • Options
    I've just looked at 3 forecasts for tomorrow. 2 forecast light rain, the BBC forecasts heavy rain. The BBC forecast is usually the least accurate.
  • Options
    It better be on or I will be well pissed Off
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Pitch inspection at 9am. CAFC asking for volunteers to hep fork the pitch
  • Options
    Will be on. Heavy pitch but hardly unplayable or dangerous.
  • Options
    Hope its on, will be my first game of the season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll be really p*ssed off.
  • Options
    Will be off. Doesnt matter what the pitch is like today. Any more rain and it will have nowhere to drain away to
    I can imagine us passing the 9am, but getting called off at 2pm once the rain kicks in.
  • Options
    It'll only be called off if D'Urso is the ref.
  • Options
    The Valley pitch is built on a sand and chalk pit I believe. Best possible drainage. I can't remember a game being rained off in 20 years.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    fattmatt said:

I can't remember a game being rained off in 20 years.

I think you are wrong there

• Options
    West ham New Year's Day a few years back was rained off
  • Options
    fattmatt said:

The Valley pitch is built on a sand and chalk pit I believe. Best possible drainage. I can't remember a game being rained off in 20 years.

New Year's Day against West Ham in the Prem, 2003 (?) I jad just arrived outside the ground when it got cancelled.

• Options
    Whatever happened to a cover?
  • Options
    fattmatt said:

West ham around this time of year i think.
  • Options
    Id rather Watford was off as I will be able to go midweek

We would probably take better numbers and make more noise on a Wednesday night in April