Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most bizarre celebrity sighting

Comments

• Options
    kimbo said:

I saw Grayson Perry (artist) having a manicure dressed in a pinafore at a hotel spa in Mayfair.

Is that the nutter who dresses up as Little Miss Tuffet? Ffs
  • Options
    Sat in a restaurant in Corfu town a few years back, other half had charlton track suit bottoms on, jim rosenthal wandered over and had a 5 minute chat about football in general, mentioned that he did a club video once about returning to the valley
  • Options
    siblers said:

Had a piss next to the drummer from Biffy Clyro, this was when they were fairly unkown though.

They still are
  • Options
    I only joined to post on this thread...

Got quite a few:

Sat in the bar in Jo'berg airport watching Ghana beat Serbia in the world cup and I mention Abede (sp?) Pele to my mate who says he's only really a legend to African football. Then he starts to reel off real "black legends" as he called them. I piped up Chris Kamara to which e replied, he was alright and he's funny but hardly a legend. No no he's over there! He comes over for a chat, all round good bloke, I mention his Junior Lewis moment. It turned out he was on the same flight as us, let us on the plane beofre him and in a worst for wear state I demanded the cabin crew upgrade him to business, because "did they not know who he was".

Then in Cape Town, we're sat in a bar I look over and see Viv Anderson and our very own Paul Elliott, who I go to say hello to. Anderson looked a bit annoyed that I wasn't interested in him. Then wandered out of the bar swaying up the road 2 sheets to the wind.

The day of the Algeria game we're walking down by the Waterfront in Cape Town and Bruce Grobbelaar was filming for Noweigen Telly. My mate asked a photo and he said only if you'll do an interview. So Bruce is there mic in hand "this is Rich, he's just asked for my photo and autograph" "Erm no I just asked for a photo".

Also had a cracking session with Ronnie Irani after the 2nd day The Oval Ashes last time round. Was a free bar for TalkSport and a mate of mine knows someone who does their cricket stuff so we got invited, Ronnie kept asking me to get him a pint, had to remind him it was a free bar. Darren Gough was bundled off in a cab because he could barely stand up.

Personal favourite though, I was out with my mum a fair few years ago and Rick Waller (big fella from pop factor or something) was wandering towards us. "Look its fat Rick" I said, a bit too loudly. He looked chuffed that someone had recognised him!
  • Options
    Why is it bizarre to see footballers at the World Cup, and cricketers at a test match?

Just saying like... ;-)
  • Options

Why is it bizarre to see footballers at the World Cup?

Just saying like... ;-)

Would be bizzare if they were Scottish or Welsh.
  • Options

Why is it bizarre to see footballers at the World Cup, and cricketers at a test match?

Just saying like... ;-)

Was more the circumstances of seeing them, don't tend to expect to see these people int he state they were, Bruce was just hilarious and Kammy was one of those strange moments given what we were in the middle of discussing! Apart from Grobbelaar and Anderson they were all decent

• Options
    Frank Malony at London Bridge station about 10 mins ago queuing to buy a tkt
  • Options

Served him in my shop at Grove Park station a couple of times. He'd wait outside me shop to be picked up.
  • Options
    He lives in Chislehurst.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Used to deal with him quite a bit a few years back when he hired people carriers from my old job for his boxing shows etc, tight as a ducks arse, used to argue about every invoice, even his staff members used to tell me stories about his legendary tightness, allegedly spent an hour on the phone arguing with a courier company over a 20p over charge.

• Options
    I remember seeing Kevin Dickinson (our 80's left-back for later arrivals) at a Lords test match against the Windies in the mid 80's.
  • Options
    kimbo said:

I saw Grayson Perry (artist) having a manicure dressed in a pinafore at a hotel spa in Mayfair.

I met him. Lovely man.
  • Options
    Saw michael gambon the other day in London was walking along staring at him thinking it was a customer of mine and he said hello didn't realise till after he'd gone.

• Options
    BIG_ROB said:

kimbo said:

Yes it is. Sounded like he went there every week.
    Also Damon Albarn bumped into me going through the doors at the British Museum. Didn't realise it was him thought it was just a rude tourist.
  • Options
    kimbo said:

BIG_ROB said:

kimbo said:

Yes it is. Sounded like he went there every week.
    Also Damon Albarn bumped into me going through the doors at the British Museum. Didn't realise it was him thought it was just a rude tourist.
    As opposed to a chelsea twat
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I remember seeing Christopher Biggins 3 times in about as many weeks, I'm sure he winked at the me the 3rd time up Sloane Square!
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

I remember seeing Christopher Biggins 3 times in about as many weeks, I'm sure he winked at the me the 3rd time up Sloane Square!

Winked with his brown eye?
  • Options

BIG_ROB said:

Winked with his brown eye?
    Yeah the chocolate starfish, tea towel holder one! ; )
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited November 2012
    Met John mcvicar, late 80,s when i worked for an Apple Mac dealership at elephant & castle, what was our warehouse is now the ministry of sound, he was a lecturer at south bank poly, tiny fella in reality
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ex-girlfriend lives 4 houses from Gianfranco Zola
  • Options
    Redskin said:

kimbo said:

I met him. Lovely man.
    Pleased to hear that, I like the bloke a lot. The TV ( no pun intended ) show he did was very good.
  • Options
    Met lots of celebrities but the oddest was Jon Jensen and Michael Laudrup in the Prince Albert in Bexleyheath on a Monday night. I drunkenly asked them to sign page 3 of the Sun which they both duly obliged. Although a rational explanation-Brondby (who they were coaching at the time) were training with us and staying in the Marriott over the road, it still took a massive double take from us.......
  • Options
    McCartney said:

I remember seeing Kevin Dickinson (our 80's left-back for later arrivals) at a Lords test match against the Windies in the mid 80's.

Where was he? The umpires pocket ?
  • Options
    Fat boy slim & Zoe coming towards me on a pedalo in Cala Llonga Ibiza this summer. Got a nod in as we were both slighly embarassed to by peddling away ....
    Also bumped into Chico in Ibiza, he came over for a chat... nice guy.
    Ray Wilkins in my local pub/restuarant ... not where you would expect to find him.
  • Options
    Greenster said:

Ray Wilkins in my local pub/restuarant ... not where you would expect to find him.

My word, young man.
  • Options
    On the train one day (back in the early 70's) coming up from New Cross to London Bridge, and train pulled alongside doing same speed. Glanced over and saw Jim Davidson in the next train. Went to school with him so we recognised each other, gave thumbs up, nodded and did that sort of body language you do when you can't be heard. The trains sped up and slowed down so we were in an out of view a few times. Didn't see him at London Bridge, so assume he went to CS or CX.

I think that qualifies as bizarre, although at that time he wasn't a celebrity.

• Options
    Joshuk87 said:

Saw michael gambon the other day in London was walking along staring at him thinking it was a customer of mine and he said hello didn't realise till after he'd gone.

When I worked at the university of greenwich we had him as an honorary grad one year. He was extremely quiet and humble. Appeared as if he preferred being an 'actor' rather than a film star / celebrity. Didn't really want to give his speech and kept it as short as possible.
  • Options
    Also met Paul Weller walking down Oxford Street, coolest man I've ever met!

Met Matty Holland down The Cut near Waterloo the other day as well, he was looking orange, must have been using Paul Benson's sun bed....
  • Options
    The Royal Albert Hall, about 1994/5, The Mighty Quo were playing (Nordoff Robbins gig) and I had to visit the kharzi. We had a box there so I legged it out the box round to the kharzi, just as (crap) security was ushering in Prince Charles, I wasn't looking where I was going and ran headlong between his security and him. They weren't to happy, I explained I was looking for the loo and they let me go.
    Charles had double denim on (this part may or may not be a fib).