Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympic boxing

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Brilliant weekend for British Boxing.

Even warriors cry!
  • Options
    Apologies if this has already been mentioned - according to today's Olympic Programme - Anthony Joshua had trials at Charlton Athletic.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Apologies if this has already been mentioned - according to today's Olympic Programme - Anthony Joshua had trials at Charlton Athletic.

Not tall enough.

• Options
    Thank goodness he is better at thumping people then
  • Options
    Sorry guys I thought the Joshua decision was a bit of a "homer" never the less congratulations to the lad
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19237274

Good article here, I thought the standard of the British fighters was very high and the great thing is that it can get better. I think we'll see one or two of the GB heroes stay amateur.

Also another point I think we've now moved up to 3rd into the all-time list of boxing golds at the Olympics. We were one behind Italy and the Soviet Union going into London 2012 IIRC.
  • Options
    taking the headguards away and maybe the vests
  • Options
    nolly said:

taking the headguards away and maybe the vests

what about the women?
  • Options
    not sure defo keep the vests
  • Options
    who do you guys (who know a lot more about boxing than me) think out of this crop of GB boxers would make it as a pro?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    McBobbin said:

who do you guys (who know a lot more about boxing than me) think out of this crop of GB boxers would make it as a pro?

nolly - he could make a living as one of them old bums they drag out to get knocked over by the next British "big thing".

Or do you mean the Olympics?
    ;o)
  • Options
    nolly would iron Audley out I reckon, and I've not even met him! yeah, of the olympic boxers... ;)
  • Options

Sorry guys I thought the Joshua decision was a bit of a "homer" never the less congratulations to the lad

Didn't see the gold medal fight but thought the same with his opening bout V the Cuban.
  • Options
    lol Audley had all the talent,more than any of the ones we just saw,but had no real heart sadly,i think the welsh kid will turn pro first and do good, we have such good boxers in this country,offy i have a few mates who are pros who just turn up and lose,make good money but unhealthy hobby
  • Options
    I saw a program - Horizon I think - about the how the human body repairs itself. They had a pro boxer who was there to lose, but could hang on long enough to give the new guy a workout. The guy basically said it hurt but it was the only way to feed his family... the money would have to be bloody good, but its a living I suppose, and on the right side of the law. I'd go down after one punch. Sorry, bit of a digression...
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

I saw a program - Horizon I think - about the how the human body repairs itself. They had a pro boxer who was there to lose, but could hang on long enough to give the new guy a workout. The guy basically said it hurt but it was the only way to feed his family... the money would have to be bloody good, but its a living I suppose, and on the right side of the law. I'd go down after one punch. Sorry, bit of a digression...

You go down after one punch?

Blimey, what do you do if you take a right hammering?

;o)
  • Options
    err... you answered you own question. I take a right hammering! ;)